SportsWrath

1st Annual Sportswrath.com Interactive Mock Draft

Money

Maybe but we still don't have a #2 CB. Peterson has a career threatening injury and Corey Webster proved nothing in his first year.

If we sign Lavar, we'll probably go in another direction (but remember to draft the BPA)

If we don't sign Lavar, then we'll probably opt for a WLB

Harris could be huge for us. He reminds me of Kendrick Clancy

I think that you will be pleasantly suprised with what Webster will bring to the table this year & I do share your concerns about Peterson however I do think that the greater need is at LB'er. On top of that I believe there is more quality available at later rounds at the CB spot as opposed to the LB'er, I do think that your 2'nd round pick is right on.... OT should be addressed soon before the player drafted is forced to play immediately.

Just wondering what the logic was behind this pick

I can understand the pros & cons of this move.... Bulger is talented but injury prone, there is a need here & with Bulger in place he could learn for a year or two. However St. Louis has lived & died by it's offense for years, their defense has been losing talent since it's SB victory in '99 & has needs along the line & in the defensive backfield.... Cutler wouldn't have been the way I would have gone but if you are Linehan & you are a former offensive coordinator I could understand why you might want a guy who you have groomed under center directing your offense.

Anyone see DeMarcus Ware or Shawne Merriman in this kid?

Still think it's a bit early for Lawson though.

Could prove to be a good pick but still risky.... especially when Ngata was still on the board.

Could prove to be a good pick but still risky.... especially when Ngata was still on the board.

True but didn't Cleveland sign Ted Washington to play NT?? OLB is the greater need.... their outside pass rush last year was pretty innefective. Lawson can also play as a down lineman.... Tamba Hali was rated higher but fell in recent weeks with a poor 40 time & isn't as versatile as Lawson. I think this is a good pick given the other options/needs.

Ngata was the second player on my draft board behind Lawson. But the Browns atleast signed Ted Washington so they have someone to hold down the fort at NT for a season. A good pass rushing OLB for their 3-4 was Cleveland's biggest need.

Money, can you tell what time my pick is? Or if anybody else knows, please let me know. Im the Seahawks (the team that I think is the "team to beat" in the NFC).

Week 2.

Follow the link in the first post of this thread. The link will take you to another thread that specificies the entire schedule.

As for you 1st round pick, it's 9:30-9:45 tomorrow night...

I think that you will be pleasantly suprised with what Webster will bring to the table this year & I do share your concerns about Peterson however I do think that the greater need is at LB'er. On top of that I believe there is more quality available at later rounds at the CB spot as opposed to the LB'er, I do think that your 2'nd round pick is right on.... OT should be addressed soon before the player drafted is forced to play immediately.

I can understand the pros & cons of this move.... Bulger is talented but injury prone, there is a need here & with Bulger in place he could learn for a year or two. However St. Louis has lived & died by it's offense for years, their defense has been losing talent since it's SB victory in '99 & has needs along the line & in the defensive backfield.... Cutler wouldn't have been the way I would have gone but if you are Linehan & you are a former offensive coordinator I could understand why you might want a guy who you have groomed under center directing your offense.

my thinking exactly and MOney will tell you one reason I said I wanted the Rams was because I wanted the challenge to build that defense. As Cutler was sitting there and I saw some good defensive players, I took the QB. IMO the potential franchise QB is worth more than any 1 player. I also pondered the past defensive picks of the Rams and how many have been busts. I factored in that they signed Witherspoon in free agency and although they do not have a great secondary they do have many players. I figured that Linehan would want to stamp this team and when you factor in an offensive nucleus of Cutler, Holt, Curtis, Jackson and vets like Faulk and Bruce, combined with the franchise LT in Pace I had to make this pick. I did not think he would be there and IMO the bodies that they Rams need on defense can be had in later rounds, but no one QB will be available later on to the caliber of Cutler.

It's a matter of the system with this guy. He obviously is extremely talented but it just depends if he fits in where he was drafted or not. Crenell being the head coach definitely helps that though.

the OLB position in the 3-4 defense is one that rookies seem to be able to step right into and play well in from day 1. This kids ability and upside was too good to pass up for a team sorely lacking an outside pass rush

True but didn't Cleveland sign Ted Washington to play NT?? OLB is the greater need.... their outside pass rush last year was pretty innefective. Lawson can also play as a down lineman.... Tamba Hali was rated higher but fell in recent weeks with a poor 40 time & isn't as versatile as Lawson. I think this is a good pick given the other options/needs.

Well, I think you and I could both agree that Ted is not the long term answer for NT. This team is still in the rebuilding phase and will play tough but at best be a .500 team especially in that division. However, if Ngata platoons with Washington this year, and begins his development as an all pro NT along with Charlie Frye possibly turning into a very good QB, Cleveland could look good in a couple of years.

Obviously the same thing goes for Lawson but I think bringing Washington into the mix affecting whether they take Ngata or not isn't very relevant.

It's a matter of the system with this guy. He obviously is extremely talented but it just depends if he fits in where he was drafted or not. Crenell being the head coach definitely helps that though.

I absolutley agree, he's got alot of talent & I can't think of another coach as of now that would be better suited to get more out of him..... other than perhaps Parcells.

I hope Go_Eli gets his pick in on time. He will absolute HATE his pick if I have to pick for him (he didn't send me a small draft board).

He's been following this thread the whole time, so I imagine he'll submit his pick.