SportsWrath

WTF? Revis was 20 mill a year???

Iceman_NYG

he will get somewhere between 15 and this, shutdown corners are the hardest thing to find, only him and Asomuga might be the only ones in the league, theres good ones, Hall,Webster,Jenkins but none are shut down like Revis.

As much as I hate Fatseca he had a good point going his entire show today...or at least the portions I heard. 29 million sounds ridiculous. But for the Jets its worth it. For Rex Ryan it is worth it. His defensive scheme is dependant on having a CB who shuts down the other teams #1 receiver. Revis does it.

20 mill is too much but it isn't that crazy.

he will get somewhere between 15 and this, shutdown corners are the hardest thing to find, only him and Asomuga might be the only ones in the league, theres good ones, Hall,Webster,Jenkins but none are shut down like Revis.

a CB makes more than a QB? like the saying goes "He ain't no Eli Manning"

i'm aint no expert but from watching a few of his games,, he'll get expose next season.. but that's just either me talking smack bout the jets cuz i dislike Rex and the color green.. anyways, the Jets will fork out around that much to keep him around due to all the hype...

i'm aint no expert but from watching a few of his games,, he'll get expose next season.. but that's just either me talking smack bout the jets cuz i dislike Rex and the color green.. anyways, the Jets will fork out around that much to keep him around due to all the hype...

you may be right Peyton was finding Reggie Wayne in the afc championship against Revis, especially on comeback routes, Revis didn't seem to have enough speed to recover. He is great at jamming receivers at the line though, and like I said someone of his overall caliber at corner, is rare these days, so he will get his pay day.

He'll probably get $15.5 though $16 is indeed a nice round number. Should lock him up longer than this six year crap though.

He won't get 20 million, but if he got paid in the top 5 player range he deserves it. Guy is a game changer.

you may be right Peyton was finding Reggie Wayne in the afc championship against Revis, especially on comeback routes, Revis didn't seem to have enough speed to recover. He is great at jamming receivers at the line though, and like I said someone of his overall caliber at corner, is rare these days, so he will get his pay day.

yeh i notice that too..

what i notice on some replays is that Revis use his elbow to jam/slow the WR. He would run side by side with them and use the elbow to feel their position.. this works to slow them down and basically shut them down. but like you mention on comeback routes. it'll expose the drawbacks of that little trick because if he's relaying on feel, he won't know where the WR is at once he can't feel them....

You're playing it safe here, TT. ANY DB can be "exposed" on a given day... however from what I see and hear Revis is the real deal. But .. so is Webster.

Neither. Im 12000 miles away on the other side of the globe - India :rolleyes: Bleeding Blue nonetheless :rock:

Don't mind Booyah; he's a bit slow.

Do you get to watch Giants games there though? if so, what channel? is it HD? (sorry I'm officially a spoiled American :))

Don't mind Booyah; he's a bit slow.

Do you get to watch Giants games there though? if so, what channel? is it HD? (sorry I'm officially a spoiled American :))

I had no idea he was there, my bad Ice and fuck you Nas.................ty Yemenese bastard.

I had no idea he was there, my bad Ice and fuck you Nas.................ty Yemenese bastard.

:LMAO: you know I coudln't pass up on that chance boohyah.. you're still the man... even though age is catching up with you :P