SportsWrath

our best pick was.......

Mr. Webster

I think you'll see a lot of Chad Jones in year one. He was listed as the number one strong safety in virtually every scouts handbook. Super speed, super hands, super instinct, and big enough and strong enough to play linebacker if needed. He played a lot of free safety at LSU, but he's best suited in the NFL as a strong safety. The Giants are not going to leave him on the practice squad or on the bench...especially considering the troubles we had last year at the safety position.

Even with Rolle and Grant on the Giants' payroll now, Jones is going to see a lot of playing time.

-----------------------------------

I also expect to see plenty of Linval Joseph this coming season...especially in obvious run situations.

-----------------------------------

I wouldn't be surprised if you see quite a bit of Dillard this year as well.

Regardless....time will tell. Injuries are a part of life and afterwards, no telling who will be stepping up. To simply blow it off by saying you don't see any of this year's draftees playing is not very realistic.

the chad jones pick gave me a semi.....and not just cuz im an LSU fan (among other college programs).......he has above avg skills in every aspect of his game that you look for in a saftey.....can run hit and cover...and as you said is big enough to play LB.....this should help us stop the run bringing this guy up to the box on running downs.......if all goes acorrding to plan and our d looks like the following we are good......starting line tuck, canty, coefeild (with joseph alford rotating in) osi (with kiwi and JPP rotating in) LBers Boley, omg who else besides boley lol we are in trouble here i guess golff in the middle and i dont know uhm who plays the other side lol this blows

ok so theres the problem lets move to the secondary

starting Webby, TT, and ross in the nickle, bruce johnson as the dime (wich i think as a shot and stealing the nickle spot from ross this season) our safties would be KP and rolle with Jones coming in and out (worst case it would be rolle and jones with grant subing still not terrible)

is seems for once the secondary my be the strong point of our team this year

i think you can get by with avg LBers if you have a very good line and above avg secondary....as long as the LBers stick to thier assignments we should be fine

sorry to ramble and go off topic not sure if any of that made sense

the chad jones pick gave me a semi.....and not just cuz im an LSU fan (among other college programs).......he has above avg skills in every aspect of his game that you look for in a saftey.....can run hit and cover...and as you said is big enough to play LB.....this should help us stop the run bringing this guy up to the box on running downs.......if all goes acorrding to plan and our d looks like the following we are good......starting line tuck, canty, coefeild (with joseph alford rotating in) osi (with kiwi and JPP rotating in) LBers Boley, omg who else besides boley lol we are in trouble here i guess golff in the middle and i dont know uhm who plays the other side lol this blows

starting Webby, TT, and ross in the nickle, bruce johnson as the dime (wich i think as a shot and stealing the nickle spot from ross this season) our safties would be KP and rolle with Jones coming in and out (worst case it would be rolle and jones with grant subing still not terrible)

i think you can get by with avg LBers if you have a very good line and above avg secondary....as long as the LBers stick to thier assignments we should be fine

sorry to ramble and go off topic not sure if any of that made sense

welll the rosters not set.....there are Free agents out there, trade possibilities, and last cuts in summer camp often frees up a usable LBer

LBer is not our strength, but the schemes are even more important as Rex Ryan showed coming to the Jets, and spags showed having even less able LBers than we have as a group now.

....starting line tuck, canty, coefeild (with joseph alford rotating in) osi (with kiwi and JPP rotating in)

They're not having one LDE and three RDEs. I think it'll be Tuck & Kiwi left and Osi & JPP right, with Kiwi right when Tuck moves inside for passing stunts.

LBers Boley, omg who else besides boley lol we are in trouble here i guess golff in the middle and i dont know uhm who plays the other side lol this blows

Sintim and Wilkinson (who's not needed in the MLB mix IMO)

starting Webby, TT, and ross in the nickle, bruce johnson as the dime (wich i think as a shot and stealing the nickle spot from ross this season)

Nah man, it's Ross, Webster, TT, Johnson unless Ross' hammy never healed.

our safties would be KP and rolle with Jones coming in and out (worst case it would be rolle and jones with grant subing still not terrible)

Agreed. Can we do a 4-2-3 defense?

They're not having one LDE and three RDEs. I think it'll be Tuck & Kiwi left and Osi & JPP right, with Kiwi right when Tuck moves inside for passing stunts.

Sintim and Wilkinson (who's not needed in the MLB mix IMO)

Nah man, it's Ross, Webster, TT, Johnson unless Ross' hammy never healed.

Agreed. Can we do a 4-2-3 defense?

hope your right and sintim is ready to become the guy.....i think hes rdy...as for wilkinson.....i feel he is a little of a liablity out there.........hes been on the team for what 4 season now....coming out of college they said he was some what raw and gonna need a few years to get up to the nfl level of play (sound familiar).....not happy going in with wilks starting hope he proves me wrong.

sorry your right they will be moving from LDE to RDE didnt sound like that in my post but obviously i do not think tuck will be playing RDE all game on every down....maybe i should have spelt that one out better.

you really think Ross is gonna beat out TT??? he was agruably our best D player last season

hope your right and sintim is ready to become the guy.....i think hes rdy...as for wilkinson.....i feel he is a little of a liablity out there.........hes been on the team for what 4 season now....coming out of college they said he was some what raw and gonna need a few years to get up to the nfl level of play (sound familiar).....not happy going in with wilks starting hope he proves me wrong.

I'm not happy with it either, but the one image I have of Wilkinson is him doing an admirable job covering Randy Moss. I think he'll fit in well in the Tampa-2 OLB rotation IF (that's a big 'if' :rimshot: ) he can remain healthy. I sure don't see any use for him inside.

As to Sintim we have no idea.

you really think Ross is gonna beat out TT??? he was agruably our best D player last season

Yes.

I'm not happy with it either, but the one image I have of Wilkinson is him doing an admirable job covering Randy Moss. I think he'll fit in well in the Tampa-2 OLB rotation IF (that's a big 'if' :rimshot: ) he can remain healthy. I sure don't see any use for him inside.

Yes.

When he's been on the field...which is what, all of three or four plays?...Wilk was money in pass coverage. I'm surprised he's had so much injury trouble, I recall him staying healthy in college and playing positions all over GT's front seven...pretty much everything except DT.

Yes.

why are all of you so convinced we are running a tampa 2????

i know fewell ran one in buffallo but he has also ran other Ds throughout his coaching days.

iver read he was keeping a simial scheme as to the one spags ran.

we do not have the personal to run a tampa 2...tamap two requires undersize line men and lbers......that are quick and nimble.....thats not what we have on our roster right now

are secondary is better in man covarge then zone....case in point webby was considered a bust in lewis' zonoe scheme in a man scheme he was considered one of the best in the game.

we are not set up to be a tampa two D

why are all of you so convinced we are running a tampa 2????

i know fewell ran one in buffallo but he has also ran other Ds throughout his coaching days.

iver read he was keeping a simial scheme as to the one spags ran.

we do not have the personal to run a tampa 2...tamap two requires undersize line men and lbers......that are quick and nimble.....thats not what we have on our roster right now

I just assumed it would be Tampa-2-esque because that was the scheme in Buffalo...was that was Fewell's only stop as defensive coordinator? Guess there's no reason he couldn't switch it up though.

But speaking of LBs, at least Boley is a good fit, and Wilk too if he could ever stay healthy. Thats not really enough though...need more speed at that position to make it work.

are secondary is better in man covarge then zone....case in point webby was considered a bust in lewis' zonoe scheme in a man scheme he was considered one of the best in the game.

we are not set up to be a tampa two D

Very true. Web needs to be manned up.

Fewell dialed up blitzes and man-to-man coverages out of “single-high” (one safety) packages, which means his being categorized as strictly a “Tampa 2” (Cover-2) coach isn’t accurate. Posluszny agreed Fewell broke the Cover-2 mold on second and third downs

Because that's what's been constantly reported since we hired Fewell.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post/_/id/12924/giants-perryfewell-assembling-new-look-defense

not really what ive been hearing

quote for perry

"I want to be fundamentally sound. I want to be multiple in what we do. I want to attack. I want to be aggressive in what we do. I want our players to play fast and have fun playing the game. Definitely create turnovers; I believe you score on defense," Fewell said. "I think you have to be physically tough. We have to play with discipline and we have to play as a team on defense"

tampa 2 is not known to be an aggressive attacknig d.

i guess the key word in that article is a "version".........if we go to a zone covarge secondary our CBs will be medioca at best it was proven in the past they are not good in zone.....maybe the safties will play deep zone but i dont excpet to see the CBs in zone coverage much

also pls keep in mind it doesnt really matter what he ran last year....he has ran quite a few Ds in his time

he has also ran a 3-4 but we arent making that switch