SportsWrath

DT John Henderson

Mr. P

Hopefully this clears it up somewhat

It is interesting the different style of MLBs needed with each style. With a big anchor at DT, we can use a smaller more mobile kind of MLB.

a Good example from a little while ago are when the Bucs had McFarland and Sapp at DT. Sapp played the 3-technique, whilst McFarland played NT.

As far as other techniques, there is the 4 technique which is like the 3 technique, but lined up on the OTs shoulder rather than the OGs shoulder. There is also the 5 technique which is used by many 3-4 DE systems.

Thanks, Pete.

I could still see Cofield traded, perhaps for a MLB such as D'Qwell Jackon, Derrick Johnson or AJ Hawk. I think he is a better fit as a 3-4 DE.

Pete, has D'Qwell ever played MLB in a 4-3 (serious question because I don't know)?

Another possible MLB to throw into the trade rumor mix (not really referring to Coefield being involved)....Barrett Rudd. He's going to be an unrestricted free agent in 2011, and has basically said he doesn't envision being a Buc past this season : http://blogs.tampabay.com/bucs/2010/04/barrett-ruud-not-thinking-longterm-with-buccaneers.html

If the reportedly cash-strapped Glazers were smart (then again, we're talking about the Glazers), they would try to get something for Ruud now, before he inevitably leaves in 2011 via free agency...Ruud knows the Tampa 2 and would be a great fit, IMO.

Pete, has D'Qwell ever played MLB in a 4-3 (serious question because I don't know)?

Another possible MLB to throw into the trade rumor mix (not really referring to Coefield being involved)....Barrett Rudd. He's going to be an unrestricted free agent in 2011, and has basically said he doesn't envision being a Buc past this season : http://blogs.tampabay.com/bucs/2010/04/barrett-ruud-not-thinking-longterm-with-buccaneers.html

If the reportedly cash-strapped Glazers were smart (then again, we're talking about the Glazers), they would try to get something for Ruud now, before he inevitably leaves in 2011 via free agency...Ruud knows the Tampa 2 and would be a great fit, IMO.

I am not sure whether D'Qwell Jackson played in a 4-3 in college (he may have), but in the pro's he has mostly been in a 3-4. However, I think Jackson could be a similar kind of player to Curtis Lofton for the Falcons.

Barrett Ruud would be a nice pickup, we would have to trade for him. Unless we include a player like Osi I don't see a deal happening. Considering they just got a pair of DTs in the draft.

Other players it could be worth trading for include Derrick Johnson, AJ Hawk and Paul Pozlunzy; all of whom are off contract after the season.

For example, I could see a deal like Derrick Johnson for Barry Cofield and a WR (perhaps Moss) being a possibility.

That'd be a big "bend over and grab your ankles" trade. A proven starter for a second day pick. First of all, I don't really buy that those were the terms of the deal. Second of all, that's a retarded trade.

Well, these days a 2nd day pick is a 2nd or 3rd rounder. So a 2nd day pick for Cofield isn't completely absurd.

Well, these days a 2nd day pick is a 2nd or 3rd rounder. So a 2nd day pick for Cofield isn't completely absurd.

You're absolutely right, I didn't even think about it that way. Good call.

Anyone hear anything at all about Henderson's visit with the Giants?

I read one blog that said he was scheduled to meet with the Giants tomorrow (May 3rd), but I don't believe everything I read in blogs.

I was just curious and am excited at the possibility he could end up being a Giant. A rotation of him and Joseph at NT, and the kind of mentoring he could do for Joseph seems like a no-brainer. I think Henderson at 31 yrs old has a couple of kick ass years left in him and his killer instinct might rub off on the younger guys cutting their teeth on the line.

Oh well...if anyone knows anything about what's up with this guy, please share.

Anyone hear anything at all about Henderson's visit with the Giants?

I read one blog that said he was scheduled to meet with the Giants tomorrow (May 3rd), but I don't believe everything I read in blogs.

I was just curious and am excited at the possibility he could end up being a Giant. A rotation of him and Joseph at NT, and the kind of mentoring he could do for Joseph seems like a no-brainer. I think Henderson at 31 yrs old has a couple of kick ass years left in him and his killer instinct might rub off on the younger guys cutting their teeth on the line.

Oh well...if anyone knows anything about what's up with this guy, please share.

I'm very excited also... I'm hoping he can teach some our current DT how to play with some fucking attitude,.