SportsWrath

The sky is falling thread.

Sephiroth

His last 2 2008/2009 drafts have not been STERLING

he hit on manningham, nicks, thomas, Beatty, Philips

he wiffed on about 10 others in the last 2 yrs all marginal, not on team or do not play.......his 2007 draft was superb

BTW and I hate to bring this up, he's only ever drafted one white guy- Boss (out of 23 guys he's drafted), and traded for one- Carr

with whites being 70% of the US population something is statsically out of whack here

I think Jerry took that movie "White guys can't jump" as a documentary, not a comedy......perhaps this has hampered his ability the last two mediocre drafts.

We should have trade up for one of those 2 USC LBers Cushing, and Matthews last year.....now both are superstars ......I was crushed we did not get one of them

70% of NFL Players are black .....not 95%

Petrus and Dodge are both white. So are Adam Koets and Chris Snee. So not only is your comment bullshit, it's not even accurate. :jerkoff:

who is Adam Koets? ok I'll give you that one drafted by Giants in 2007 OL

Tollefson was drafted in 2006 by the Packers

And Chris Snee was drafted by Ernie Acorsi

Give me a list of all the white Free Agent Pick ups by Jerry Reese....non QBs or kickers?

I'm not accusing him of anything.....every player comes with his own set of pluses and minuses

Tollifson might have been a Reese guy too, but by and large he's gone above the 70% league average by a wide margin with his moves and drafts

He had a shot at the Penn State kid and punted.........last year he refused to trade down to get Matthews or Cushing

(that was a killer) both guys immediately became most valuable players for their respective teams

I'm not saying he should try to emulate he Boston Celtics but there is a trend here.....

If the world wants to make a big stink over black executives being under-employed.....you cant have it both ways....I can note we have not brought in many white guys at other than the traditional QB, Kick or OL positions

It was passing on matthews and cushing that was crushing

Matthews went #15, Cushing #26, we picked 31 (Nicks a RD #2 Projection)........we could have traded down to at least #26

I'm going to take a wild guess here and I don't think Adam Fanecea is going to merely be moving his stuff down the hall at X Stadium

Whats with that BTW is the place just going to be called meadowlands stadium?

Give me a list of all the white Free Agent Pick ups by Jerry Reese....non QBs or kickers?

I'm not accusing him of anything.....every player comes with his own set of pluses and minuses

Tollifson might have been a Reese guy too, but by and large he's gone above the 70% league average by a wide margin with his moves and drafts

He had a shot at the Penn State kid and punted.........last year he refused to trade down to get Matthews or Cushing

(that was a killer) both guys immediately became most valuable players for their respective teams

I'm not saying he should try to emulate he Boston Celtics but there is a trend here.....

If the world wants to make a big stink over black executives being under-employed.....you cant have it both ways....I can note we have not brought in many white guys at other than the traditional QB, Kick or OL positions

Matthews went #15, Cushing #26, we picked 31 (Nicks a RD #2 Projection)........we could have traded down to at least #26

This is easily the most ignorant thing I HAVE EVER READ IN MY ENTIRE LIFE.

This is easily the most ignorant thing I HAVE EVER READ IN MY ENTIRE LIFE.

Why is that? can you articulate or support your position with facts? Apparently my facts are accurate.

I said I'm not accusing him of bias but the facts do not support my feelings.....we had the world's worst starting MLBer and Cushing was 4 picks away........

My biggest problem with Reese is that he did not have the cajonnes to kick ol tom upstairs and promote Spags to HC

that decision in my opinion will eventually cost Reese his job

maybe Reese is not a true GM in that sense.......perhaps the team owners are enamored with Ol Tom, and will never let Reese pick a HC.........despite the fact the team lay down like dogs last year......and had in prior years prior to Spags coming on board.

Also i had never in my life heard a NY Giant openly criticize their HC before numerous players have attacked Tom as "I'll prepared".........

Whatever, we are what our record says we are, and I'm not bursting with hopes of a Lombardi this year.........you cannot un-do mistakes......you can only learn from them

First of all, to insert racial bias into this draft is completely asinine. To suggest in the slightest that Reese is a racist is baseless and fricking moronic... and I find it offensive, to put it lightly.

Secondly, to suggest that we will do no better than a two game improvement is likewise idiotic. The draft is only ONE tool to improve your team, albeit a significant one. Free agency also plays a major part, as well as the overall physical health of the players going into the season and throughout the season, which, to me, is one of the biggest factors if not the biggest. The Saints just went from 8-8 to SuperBowl Champions... so there is no reason to say we can't compete for the division.

This draft DID not play out the way I would've wanted it. However, not a one of us shlubs have a better idea of how to address the draft than the scouting department, Tom Coughlin, and Jerry Reese. None of us can say that the players that were picked were bad picks, because that remains to be seen.

The Texans were ridiculed for taking Mario Williams over Reggie Bush with the first overall pick a few years ago. With all respect to Reggie, they made the right decision. There are tons of other examples. I hated the Eli Manning pick. I wanted to stick with Kerry and draft Sean Taylor. While Taylor was a superb safety for the Redskins during his all too short career, the Manning pick was the right move for our organization, and Eli is the perfect QB for our franchise. Roethlisberger has 2 rings, but how much trouble would he have gotten in NY? How about Rivers and his superlative personality? Good QB, but not right for us.

Likewise, this draft could be an outstanding one for us. Even with Osi, we need depth on the DL. DT was a need for us... it was addressed in an outstanding way with Joseph. As for JPP, although I had him with big time bust potential, that could go with any player in this draft. JPP's athleticism is too hard to ignore. A person with his physical gifts is rare. He reminds everyone of Jevon Kearse, and I think that it's a valid comparison. When the Giants run the 4 aces package, which I am certain they will do, we will no doubt be marveling at his talent.

Mitch Petrus was a very good value pick, and another position that needed to be addressed. I'm not going to go pick by pick but I think the Giants drafted some good players that fit the team.

Back to JPP, Kiwanuka is a UFA following the season. Osi will not play forever. To get a DE with the physical gifts that JPP has is a good move, and good very well pay dividends a decade from now. Seriously, if this guy becomes the sack artist that they think he is, it could be justified that later he could be considered the best player to come out of this draft.

Back to the linebackers, we have a good group of players that will compete for spots in camp. There may be more addtions as the offseason wears on. The players we have may not be all-pros now or ever, but that doesn't mean they won't be good players. They are just young, just starting to get their opportunity. Boley is proven. He is a strong weakside linebacker. Sintim is a second year player that was picked in the second round. There is no way an honest evaluation can be made of him yet. But he was highly thought of and I am optimistic about his talent. If he doesn't workout, Chase Blackburn is there. And say what you want about Chase, but he does give maximum effort and does a pretty good job. Goff may or may not pan out. We have other players, though. Blackburn can also play the mike, plus Wilkinson has a shot. Then there is the two new guys, Phillip Dillard and Adrian Tracy. There is a forgotten man, Bryan Kehl, who I have always liked. That's a lot of names to compete, and the best 3 will start in our 4-3. Plus, more than half the time we'll likely be using a nickel package, so Boley and perhaps Blackburn will be out there. I'm good with that. Our top 3 corners and our safeties are gangbusters. I think our defense could be the best we've had in a while and one of the best in the NFL.

Stop being drama queens and give these guys a chance to play before you bury them.

2lmp6bc.gif

fine fine

If Reese does have a bias towards black players that's his business..........he will shine or hang by his own decisions so he should make them without reservation.....having said that i think he has Zero input on HC.

The Maras are keeping Coughlin around. my favorite HC's are Rex Ryan, Mike Tomlin, Lovey Smith, and Jon Gruden......of those only Gruden is available.

70% of all NFL players are Blacks.......you don't find that unusual? the American Samoans are the real interesting story. If you saw the 60 minutes on the Samoans you would get why that is....a tough bunch with a warrior background

maybe Jimmy the Greek was on to something

I frankly don't care if their are purple if they win games......I'm not down on Reese's 2010 draft.......I like it

i think he screwed up last year when he had a chance to reach down to Cushing. in hindsight it was dumb as a rock.

My biggest problem is with the coaching and motivation......When Harry Carson says the team has no heart- I take notice.

Yes we won a SB but Spags was a BIG part of that, and frankly we were the recipients of a football miracle that game.....we easily could have lost. The 1986 Giants were DOMINANT........and we have not been DOMINANT since

I want Lombardi's.........i want total domination of the NFL......so shoot me <_<

i think we are getting a peak into jacks true feelings about "the blacks"

[/quote

when you figure it out let me know.........I'd draft on talent alone. Reese has seemingly been avoiding one group at Lber. When you figure out who of that group Reese has pursed draft or free agent let me know..........obviously whatever Reese is doing evaluating LBers, he's been an abysmal failure.

One of the 2 best LBer prospects in the last 10 years, he was 4 picks away from last year and he chose not pursue our biggest need. Cushing went 26, we were at 31.....

a horrible abysmal failure............its mind boggling what goes through this guys mind when he evaluates LBers

Here is what he had to say about the guy he drafted as his "starting MLBer"........he did not even know the guy played OLB in college???????? WTF?..........have I fallen down Alice's rabbit hole?

I think the LBer portion of the draft should be taken from Jerry- He's not a LBer guy

Reese interview Yesterday-

Q: I heard he played weakside…

A: He played in the middle. Middle linebacker.

Q: I thought he started at weakside…

A: He might have played some weakside but most of the time, he played in the middle.

Q: What makes you think this fourth rounder can come in and compete for the starting job as a rookie?

A: Well, we are going to put him in there and give him a chance with the rest of the guys. That’s what makes me think that. He’s going to have to earn the job just like the other guys we have here. We have some unproven guys so we are going to throw them all in the till and see who gives us the best shot to win games.

Q: Did you talk to the Pelini’s and his linebacker coach? Did he give you some type of advice or frame of reference?

A: We talk to all of their coaches. Our scouts have good relationships and they go in there in the fall all the time. They endorsed this guy and they think he is going to be a really good player. We brought him in for one of the visits we had with them and our linebackers coach really liked on the board what he saw and brought to the table. He thought that he could be a smart, tough inside linebacker that we’ve been looking for, and we’ll see.

Q: He butted heads with some of the staff there, do you have concerns about that?

A: Well, we researched all that as well. Again, that happens sometimes with players and staffs, and he did everything to get back in their good graces. They endorse him to the fullest right now, so we don’t have any problems with that.

Q: At middle linebacker, obviously Goff and you mentioned Wilkinson, Blackburn; are any other guys in the mix like Kehl, Boley or Sintim?

A: All of our guys are in the mix as far as I’m concerned. We just look for the best combination of guys. We think Sintim is a SAM linebacker and the kid we just drafted is a SAM linebacker. We think Wilkinson could do some things in the middle because he has played there before. Phillip Dillard, he’s in the middle. Of course Goff, Chase can play all three, Mike on the WILL, Kehl will probably be used on the WILL but he can probably play some middle as well so everyone is in the mix as far as I’m concerned. We just want three linebackers on the field that can help us win a game.

Q: Do you think this group is it for the competition in training camp or might you add another one in between now and then?

A: I wouldn’t count that out that we might add somebody else to the mix. I wouldn’t discount that.

Q: Any thought about trading for Morrison?

A: Isn’t Morrison signed on somebody’s team right now? I’m not going to talk about someone else’s player.

i think we are getting a peak into jacks true feelings about "the blacks"

No apparently we are getting to the heart of the LBer problem

Jerry Reese thinks the weakside LBers are ACTUALLY the MLBers

This has now become an organizational problem......it all started when world wide clocks ran 10 minutes too slow for actual time.............the Red Zone became the "Green" one.......now we find out the WIL is ACTUALLY the MLB

this is all starting to make sense to me now :freaked:

LOL @ "Nicks, a projected 2nd round player".

Don't even try to say that you didn't want a starting wide receiver with that pick last year.

I said, and I posted to anyone who would listen we should draft a USC LBer or trade up to get one.........No

I was not nearly as panicked about Manningham and Smith as the rest of the world.......Nicks is a good pick up but Cushing could have put us deep in the playoffs last year

Does anyone else realize that Cushing and Matthews are both outside linebackers? None of them have any experience playing MLB. Infact Matthews is a protypical 3-4 LB who wouldnt fit well in a 4-3 due to his lack of size taken on anything to the inside. Plus Cushing is worse in space then a 350 pound DT, I have multiple Texans fans who say Cushing can stop a running game at the line but if you put him in coverage you might as well have a kicker out there in his place. At the time neither of these guys filled a need, Cushing would of been the only sensible pick due to Matthews not being a 4-3 LB. However trading up for Cushing who was taken 15th, from us picking at 29, would of taken multiple draft picks i.e. an extra 2nd and 3rd, if you base it off of the draft point chart every NFL team uses.

Oh well details are pointless, almost as pointless as trying to talk any sense into Jacky.

Does anyone else realize that Cushing and Matthews are both outside linebackers? None of them have any experience playing MLB. Infact Matthews is a protypical 3-4 LB who wouldnt fit well in a 4-3 due to his lack of size taken on anything to the inside. Plus Cushing is worse in space then a 350 pound DT, I have multiple Texans fans who say Cushing can stop a running game at the line but if you put him in coverage you might as well have a kicker out there in his place. At the time neither of these guys filled a need, Cushing would of been the only sensible pick due to Matthews not being a 4-3 LB. However trading up for Cushing who was taken 15th, from us picking at 29, would of taken multiple draft picks i.e. an extra 2nd and 3rd, if you base it off of the draft point chart every NFL team uses.

Oh well details are pointless, almost as pointless as trying to talk any sense into Jacky.

Matthews was taken 15th, Cushing 26th? We had a shot to trade up for Cushing I believe.....Matthews would have cost us dearly

I dont care what LBer postion those guys played both were huge fast, and hard hitting.........do you think either GB or Houston would trade one of them even up for Nicks?

Matthews was taken 26th Cushing 15th? We had a shot to trade up for Matthews I believe.....Cushing would have cost us dearly

I dont care what LBer postion those guys played both were huge fast, and hard hitting.........do you think either GB or Houston would trade one of them even up for Nicks?

fine fine

If Reese does have a bias towards black players that's his business..........he will shine or hang by his own decisions so he should make them without reservation.....having said that i think he has Zero input on HC.

The Maras are keeping Coughlin around. my favorite HC's are Rex Ryan, Mike Tomlin, Lovey Smith, and Jon Gruden......of those only Gruden is available.

70% of all NFL players are Blacks.......you don't find that unusual? the American Samoans are the real interesting story. If you saw the 60 minutes on the Samoans you would get why that is....a tough bunch with a warrior background

maybe Jimmy the Greek was on to something

I frankly don't care if their are purple if they win games......I'm not down on Reese's 2010 draft.......I like it

i think he screwed up last year when he had a chance to reach down to Cushing. in hindsight it was dumb as a rock.

My biggest problem is with the coaching and motivation......When Harry Carson says the team has no heart- I take notice.

Yes we won a SB but Spags was a BIG part of that, and frankly we were the recipients of a football miracle that game.....we easily could have lost. The 1986 Giants were DOMINANT........and we have not been DOMINANT since

I want Lombardi's.........i want total domination of the NFL......so shoot me <_<

You need a timeout, Jack. <_<

Matthews was taken 15th, Cushing 26th? We had a shot to trade up for Cushing I believe.....Matthews would have cost us dearly

Ok Jack this is one of the first times I'll actually respond to you.

Cushing was taken 15th, seriously look up your facts before you go spewing stupid bullshit. Matthews was picken up by GB from a trade from NE is I recall at pick 26. I'll give you that Cushing is a heck of a tackle but he is one of the slower strong side LBs in the league and it's common knowledge he looks like a 3 year old boy trying to cover RBs and TEs in the league. He's usually out of the game on most third down passing plays and Ryans the actual Texans MLB is out there, seriously ask any Texan fan and they will tell you the same thing. It's why he is a strong side LB, he can tackle but cant play the pass for shit.

Matthews on the other hand is almost the exact opposite, a fast LB who can cover but his tackling skills are sometimes lacking. He's the prototypical outside LB in a 3-4 D, fast, cant get to the QB, can cover but he has to rely on the other LBs out there to get to the RB which is reflected in his stats with only 37 solo tackles but 10 sacks.

Now what I'm going to ask you Jacky boy is since you like to play the devils advocate is going into 2009, Reese and Co go out and sign Bernard, Canty and Boley plus draft two LBs the previous year. Then they loose their two starting WRs in Toomer and Plax and only have Smith who has shown anything prior to this, keep in mind Manningham was injured/IR before the season. So I ask you what would your concerns be going into that year? Would it be a LB when you have two LBs previously drafted, your two starters from the year before in Pierce and Clark plus a FA pick up in Boley. Or would it be a WR threat when your starting WRs that year would be Smith/Hixon/Moss/Manningham? I'll admit we have neglected a LB in the last number of years but for all we know Fewell is happy with the LBs we have, fuck none of us know the guy so all we can do is speculate.

Sure hindsight shows us that Cushing is an excellent strong side LB and Matthews makes a good 3-4 LB, but at the time neither of these two had any experience at MLB. Infact Matthews isnt even a 4-3 LB like I said he could never play in the system, hes much to small to take on an offensive line. Cushing on the other hand might of been a good fit however we were picking 29, the Texans 15th, you know what we would of had to give up to get him? If you go by the NFL draft chart every single NFL team uses and is universally held a standard too the 15th pick is woth 1050 points, the 29th 640. So just to have a chance at getting the 15th or above the 15th pick we would of had to trade our 2nd(292 points) 3rd(93 points) just to move up. Lets look at those two picks for that year 2nd round William Beatty future starter and star on the O-line and our third round Ramses Barden who I will admit just gives us WR depth at this point but who knows what he will do down the road. What was more important in 2009, a starting caliber WR when you clearly dont have one on your team? Or a LB when all your starters from the previous year are back plus draft picks from previous years and the legendary Blackburn?

Seriously Jack this is why people take you as a joke on this board, you fail to actually think anything you say threw. It's usually just bullshit like "Oh Reese is a racist and should of taken Brain Crushing, even though that year we had a free agent LB in Boley, all of our starters from the previous years and two drafted LBs from 2008" Thats why most of us make fun of you Jacky and why we consider you a joke, is because all of your posts seem like you were just sitting there typing anything that would pop into your head without actually thinking about it first. Fuck I'll admit there's times that I might even agree with a point you made but it's usually buried in a bundle of shit that you called a post. For the sake of this board think about what your posting before you sit there smashing the "New thread" button like a horny 13 year old surfing threw porn sites.

Ok I'm done for now.

But Blue, don't you know Coughlin should have been sent upstairs for SPAGS!!!!

He should have, he's a boat anchor

As for Cushiong and Matthews...................give me a break WE NEED LINEBACKERS

Strong, Weak, Middle

IT DOES NOT MATTER...........WE COULD NOT GET A MEXICAN HAT, A BOTTLE TOP, AND AN OLD JOCKSTRAP FOR ALL OUR LINEBACKERS PUT TOGETHER IN TRADE

Why do you think Boley was a Free Agent??????...........he had a bad knee coming in

All of the rest of them look like chinese fire drill out there...........a very slow out of position light hitting fire drill

We should just take all our Defensive Ends (we have 50% of the DE's in the world) and make them all LBers

I'm going to take a wild guess here and I don't think Adam Fanecea is going to merely be moving his stuff down the hall at X Stadium

Whats with that BTW is the place just going to be called meadowlands stadium?

Jack, Reese was director of player personnel. He ADVISED Accorsi on who to draft. He played a part in drafting Snee.

Koets was an OT drafted in 2008. He's still on the team. He's still white, as far as I know.

Guess who else Reese helped get signed as a UDFA, you dope.

Honestly I cant read Jacks stupidity anymore, I think it's time to take a break from this fourm for awhile.

man it'd truly be sad if a good poster takes a break from this forum because of fuckin jack.