SportsWrath

Pretty Obvious.

Sephiroth

The Giants really need to address CB. They have only 3 DB's that were not undrafted free agents or signed off of a practice squad. Not knocking Bruce Johnson, but I think they can get better at the position and get someone in there that will push for that 4th CB spot.

I'm good with Goff/Blackburn at MLB for this year and see what happens. We were beat up front and in the secondary last year. Yes, getting McClain or Weatherspoon would've made our defense better and provided a big lift. But with the players we got in the first 3 rounds, and with the signings of Rolle and Grant, I think we have fixed those problems. But should the injury bug creep up on Webster or Ross again (and it does quite frequently with Ross) we need one more quality corner to match up. Perhaps Chad Jones or Rolle will play the slot in a nickel package. I know Rolle has the skills, and we can still put 2 good safeties back there in that situation.

Thanks for reading my musings.

Agreed 100%. I was hoping the Giants would tab small school sensation, Akwasi Owusu-Ansah - CB out of Indiana (PA) College. Kid is fast as lightning, and can change directions on a dime. His only downside is that he's played against lesser competition. But he has all the tools and could be a steal.

Meanwhile, Reese finally picks a MLB he could have got in the 6-7th round.

Yeah....I remember Mel Kipper going berzerk when we took Osi Umenyura in the 3rd round and he said over and over, "why take a guy in the 3rd that you could get in the 6th or 7th".

Meanwhile....several teams made statements to the effect that they were really upset they didn't get Osi because they thought he would be available in the later rounds and were sick that the Giants tabbed him.

Bottom line: You haven't got a clue what other team was eye-balling Dillard and where he would have gone if the Giants hadn't grabbed him. He could have gone the very next pick if the Giants hadn't gotten him. I have a lot more faith in the Giants' scouting teams than naysayers on a blog. And needless to say, some of the best MLB's in the history of the NFL were mid-round picks and in some cases, not even drafted.

Moral of the story: If there's a player the team really likes....go get him! Don't worry about the totally worthless ratings by folks who are not professional scouts. Don't waste valuable time worrying about what the talking heads are yapping about, which is really nothing more than the regurgitation of a hundred magazine articles that plagarized each other. Team scouts know a thousand times more than the talking heads when it comes to evaluating players after the top 20 or so that everyone knows about.