SportsWrath

The NYG first pick

Lubeck

Agree on Sean Lee....I don't know enough about Arthur Jones.

probably would have been a 1st rounder if he didnt get injured.

typical giants type of pick.

plus he went to syracuse which is my favorite college, and he grew up in endicott about 10 minutes from my house. and his younger brother is UFC fighter Jonny bones Jones.

i think he will be good, hes more of a pass rushing DT and while we need more of a run stuffer i want the hometown boy on my favorite team.

Don't like the pick. The Dline needed people to collapse the pocket up front--otherwise the edge-rushers are just circling.

Interesting that the Raiders took McLean--makes another MLB expendable, doesn't it? Looks like the crypt-keeper might have just pulled a fast one--probably upgraded the position, and may just get an additional pick for Morrison.

You mean the Alford who had 1 SB sack and then...? :confused:

Yes that Jay Alford. Among other DTs.. not to mention the Giants may just land a blockbuster deal with the skins to get Albert H here... Who knows.. I wouldn't rule it out.. although the Giants will think twice about shipping Osi to the skins.

Pass rush: Lined up on both sides of the defensive line (and stood up as an outside linebacker) and has the length, effort and closing speed to be a very good pass rusher. Has the height, length and excellent vertical jump to clog passing lanes. Gets to the pocket in a hurry against most tackles, but struggles to turn the corner against better linemen because of a lack of flexibility. Flashes ability to beat tight ends with quickness but is not consistent. Very raw in his pass-rush technique -- only capable of going outside and can bull rush effectively against lesser competition. Does not get off blocks to offer a secondary rush. Dances on the edge, even when running backs meet him to chip. Not effective on twists.

Run defense: Only fair change-of-direction agility for his size; he ends up on the ground too often when ballcarriers elude him. Uses his length and good effort to grab running backs coming through the hole if not engaged. Hustles to plays run away from him or downfield when fresh, but isn't fast enough to chase down running backs or mobile quarterbacks from behind. Does not know how to use his hands to get off blocks from tackles or tight ends. Often on the sideline in short-yardage situations because can't get low or stand his ground against strong tackles.

Explosion: Explodes out of his stance when rushing the passer out of a three-point stance, especially if the quarterback does not change up the snap count. Little pop into his man's jersey playing against the run game and typically was dominated by NFL-caliber tackles.

Strength: Lacks functional strength to hold up against NFL tackles, whether attempting a bull rush or stacking his man to play the run. Loses his balance when attempting to disengage on stretch plays. Easily knocked off his feet running in space. Limited stamina shows up late in games through less hustle and lost strength after initial contact.

Tackling: Drag-down tackler who uses his hustle and length to his advantage when in position to make a play. Will take a big shot at a ballcarrier if vulnerable, but is not really an explosive tackler. Is evaded too easily in the backfield because he lunges and lacks the flexibility to break down and quickly change direction.

Intangibles: Has relatively little experience on the football field. Played at three schools in three years because of academic issues. No character red flags.

...I wouldn't exactly call that a glowing scouting report. :/

...I wouldn't exactly call that a glowing scouting report. :/

This is why I am not sure why so many "experts" had him rated so high, it was like "he doesn't do anything well", "only played 7 games at a division 1 level", but he is my 10th rated prospect? Its not like this was horrible draft either

I dont like the pick either....the player is fine....he might turn out to be a good one.....but he is a project and a reach as a top 15 pick...that makes it what 4 DE's we are paying serious money to.

Reese needs to finish this draft of strong or he gets an F in my book.....i know its still early on in the draft but we need to walk away with at least 2 STARTERS........after the year we had on D i cant believe he made this pick......JPP is not gonna see much PT this year.

another Dlineman? after we spent what 80 mil on the dline last offseason then had the 30th ranked d in the leauge......unacceptable.........second dc in two year.......what if this guy doesnt make an impact??? what if our D is more of the same from last year? are us fans allowed to start losing patience with JR? he need to rebond on day two IMO

I dont like the pick either....the player is fine....he might turn out to be a good one.....but he is a project and a reach as a top 15 pick...that makes it what 4 DE's we are paying serious money to.

Reese needs to finish this draft of strong or he gets an F in my book.....i know its still early on in the draft but we need to walk away with at least 2 STARTERS........after the year we had on D i cant believe he made this pick......JPP is not gonna see much PT this year.

another Dlineman? after we spent what 80 mil on the dline last offseason then had the 30th ranked d in the leauge......unacceptable.........second dc in two year.......what if this guy doesnt make an impact??? what if our D is more of the same from last year? are us fans allowed to start losing patience with JR? he need to rebond on day two IMO

Why would Reese or anyone for that matter get an F for picking a first round caliber player in the first round?

We all agree our biggest need is LB... and the ONE LB who would have made sense was gone to Al Davis.. yea that fuckin guy. So we selected on the defensive side of the ball.. everyone agrees that's a :TU:.. then we realize our DEs were running out of gas last year.. Osi situation is up in the air... and Kiwi wants to be a starter... in other words.. we needed to pick the best player available and many believe this guy is.

We pick 14th tonight...

Why would Reese or anyone for that matter get an F for picking a first round caliber player in the first round?

We all agree our biggest need is LB... and the ONE LB who would have made sense was gone to Al Davis.. yea that fuckin guy. So we selected on the defensive side of the ball.. everyone agrees that's a :TU:.. then we realize our DEs were running out of gas last year.. Osi situation is up in the air... and Kiwi wants to be a starter... in other words.. we needed to pick the best player available and many believe this guy is.

We pick 14th tonight...

im not ready to throw that F grade on him yet....he stil has plenty of time to turn it around......im just pissed that this was our pick at 15......if anything i realy think we should have traded down got a few more picks and maybe grab weatherspoon who i thought fit our D better then McClain in the first place.

the way the season ended last year you would think the front office would be after guys who are going to help us win now and not 3 years from now.....i see the reasoning behind the pick.....but that still doesnt make me a fan of the pick.....it is a must that we walk away from this draft with players that are going to be able to start this season and help fix the problem areas of this team.

osi was pissed b4 hows he gonna act now???

Can't have too many pass rushers....yes, you fucking can. This pick blows hardcore regardless of how good he is. Unless, if and only if Osi is traded. If Osi is traded, then this pick isn't bad. That's a big if. Giants could have easily gone with Weatherspoon or a DT

one would hope there is some kinda method behind the madness here!!!

if osi is traded tonight we get another second and maybe third then you can justify this pick

im not ready to throw that F grade on him yet....he stil has plenty of time to turn it around......im just pissed that this was our pick at 15......if anything i realy think we should have traded down got a few more picks and maybe grab weatherspoon who i thought fit our D better then McClain in the first place.

the way the season ended last year you would think the front office would be after guys who are going to help us win now and not 3 years from now.....i see the reasoning behind the pick.....but that still doesnt make me a fan of the pick.....it is a must that we walk away from this draft with players that are going to be able to start this season and help fix the problem areas of this team.

Yah, I don't get Nas' statement that Mclain was the only LB who made sense. Trading down for Weatherspoon would have been one of the better option. It's too bad CJ Spiller didn't fall to us, he also would have been a far better choice. Offensive Guard and the players that were available at 15 (Iupati, mainly) would have made sense. Hell, even DT would have made sense.

I seriously wonder about JR and the front office if they honestly think JPP was the 6th best player in the draft.

He can go either way.. this can either light a fire under his ass to be a team player... or he can pull a Tiki on us and we ship him to the rams.. or the skins for Haynsworth... Don't take me wrong.. I like Osi.. just saying.

As far as us winning now.. we added the missing piece.. Fewel baby!!!

He can go either way.. this can either light a fire under his ass to be a team player... or he can pull a Tiki on us and we ship him to the rams.. or the skins for Haynsworth... Don't take me wrong.. I like Osi.. just saying.

As far as us winning now.. we added the missing piece.. Fewel baby!!!

I dont see the fascination for Haynesworth, the guy is a fat slob who at most plays 60% of the snaps in a game. He has zero worth ethic and he thinks he's king shit when in reality he's a piss poor player who doesnt do much beside run head long into guards. The guy has zero technique to the game and made out like a fucking bandit when the Skins singed him to that contract.

"Far from a project"????

He played 1 year in highschool, 2 years in college(one junior college). He's about as primed to play in the pros as you are. Not to mention he wanted to quit. Dude is a bust and flushed a high draft pick right down the shitter.

dude sounds a lot like vernon gohlston<sp

Yah, I don't get Nas' statement that Mclain was the only LB who made sense. Trading down for Weatherspoon would have been one of the better option. It's too bad CJ Spiller didn't fall to us, he also would have been a far better choice. Offensive Guard and the players that were available at 15 (Iupati, mainly) would have made sense. Hell, even DT would have made sense.

I seriously wonder about JR and the front office if they honestly think JPP was the 6th best player in the draft.

i really think after spiller an McClain flew of the board there was a bit of a panic moment for the gaints.....i dont really think they knew which way to go at that point...i would have been more happy if we moved up for spiller and i wasnt even excited about that idea either.....Weatherspoon was the best fit for the system fewell wants to run.....we could have traded down and got him.

so he can do a back flip while his in pads does that make him a top 15 pick???

and if not move down take a tackle there.....move dehil back to G and watch our Oline dominate once again

i dont get the pick

:clap:

Exactly and there is just as much chance that he'd be Practice Squad material, not that it would happen, as a contributing rookie. First round draft picks should have some chance of breaking the starting line up their rookie year but JPP virtually has no chance at all. He is going to need so much coaching he may as well be a PS guy that is used in 2011.

I dont see the fascination for Haynesworth, the guy is a fat slob who at most plays 60% of the snaps in a game. He has zero worth ethic and he thinks he's king shit when in reality he's a piss poor player who doesn't do much beside run head long into guards. The guy has zero technique to the game and made out like a fucking bandit when the Skins singed him to that contract.

I concur. Many guards have said the same thing about him and the Skins know see the truth. He's a lazy tackle who is winded by the 3rd quarter.

I dont see the fascination for Haynesworth, the guy is a fat slob who at most plays 60% of the snaps in a game. He has zero worth ethic and he thinks he's king shit when in reality he's a piss poor player who doesnt do much beside run head long into guards. The guy has zero technique to the game and made out like a fucking bandit when the Skins singed him to that contract.

he is def worth it if you can get him for a 3rd rounder....which i think you could at this point

it would def help our 765,434,343 DEs......he does demand an extra body

he is def worth it if you can get him for a 3rd rounder....which i think you could at this point

Far from it, Sapp was a big DT who knew how to play the game. All Haynesworth will do is come in for acouple snaps every series and take up a spot that a real DT would do something in. I'd rather send that 3rd to the Raiders for Tommy Kelley, a DT who can stuff the run and put occasional pressure on the QB.

And, say what you will about Haynesworth, he definitely does a solid job plugging up the middle, stopping the run is something we didn't do well last year...(what did we do well, though, heh)

Far from it, Sapp was a big DT who knew how to play the game. All Haynesworth will do is come in for acouple snaps every series and take up a spot that a real DT would do something in. I'd rather send that 3rd to the Raiders for Tommy Kelley, a DT who can stuff the run and put occasional pressure on the QB.

if thats the case lets take morrison for a 3rd instead

we still have that burning need at MLB.....he is more the expandable for the raiders now.

at least he is proven

And, say what you will about Haynesworth, he definitely does a solid job plugging up the middle, stopping the run is something we didn't do well last year...(what did we do well, though, heh)

NYG rushing yards allowed a game: 110.8 14th in the league.

Redskins rushing yards allowed a game: 112.4 16th in the league.

We dont need any help stopping the run in all honesty, it's the passing game we cant stop shit for.

NYG rushing yards allowed a game: 110.8 14th in the league.

Redskins rushing yards allowed a game: 112.4 16th in the league.

We dont need any help stopping the run in all honesty, it's the passing game we cant stop shit for.

You don't need to run when there's receivers running wild through the secondary.

I don't get why everyone was so sour on Weatherspoon, he would of fit the scheme perfectly even if he went to OLB, ok then we play Sintim at DE, who at this stage is MUCH better then JPP MUCH. I don't think people understand, Spags is gone, we are not running the 4 aces package, Fewell runs a Tampa 2 which means the DE are not blitzing. Heres a quote, for those who don't believe me,

]Typically, the [Tampa 2] players don't have the prototypical size of other NFL defenders. Instead, stress is put on speed, smarts and flawless tackling. […] A quick defensive line is a must, but the middle linebacker position is the straw that stirs the drink.
The personnel used in the Tampa 2 are specific in position and required abilities. All positions in this defense place a premium on speed, and often the result is that they are all undersized by league standards. The defensive linemen in this scheme have to be quick and agile enough to create pressure on the quarterback without the aid of a blitz from either the linebackers or the secondary, with the defensive tackle in the nose position having above-average tackling skills to help stop runs.