SportsWrath

Dolphins trying to sign Arrington

Guest Lockhart

Guest Lockhart

Another nail in the "Arrington to the Giants" coffin. Good to see the Giants are no longer in the picture.

DolphinsWant Arrington

Excerpt:

Dolphins trying to sign Arrington

BY JASON COLE AND CHRISTINA HOAG

Miami Herald

MIAMI - Dolphins coach Nick Saban said Saturday the team is trying to sign free agent linebacker LaVar Arrington despite lengthy, ongoing negotiations.

``We're trying,'' Saban said after being asked about Arrington during a Q&A session with fans at a Dolphins season-ticket sales function at Dolphin Stadium.

The hang-up, Saban indicated, is money.

``We're trying to get a deal that would satisfy him as well as work for us,'' said Saban before explaining some related salary-cap issues.

Arrington, who regularly visits South Florida, has expressed a strong interest in playing for the Dolphins. The New York Giants and Cincinnati also have expressed interest in him.

However, Arrington's agents, brothers Carl and Kevin Poston, also have indicated that they would like to get a deal for Arrington that would include more than $10 million in guaranteed money.

Arrington, the No. 2 overall pick in the 2000 NFL Draft, bought his way out of his contract with Washington after last season.

Arrington clashed with Redskins coaches and was pulled from the starting lineup at one point.

However, Saban said he envisions the talented Arrington working well as an outside linebacker opposite Jason Taylor.

``He's an outstanding player who could line up and complement the things we do with our outside linebacker rush,'' Saban said.................

Guest Lockhart
hmmm seems to be a thing with him and money maybe he had better go to the 1/2 price rack if he wants too land a gig?

He's already there, but he hasn't figured that out yet.

Guest Lockhart

From KFFL:

Giants | Team stepping back from Arrington?

Sun, 9 Apr 2006 09:10:24 -0700

Chris Harry, of the Orlando Sentinel, reports the New York Giants reportedly took a step back from free agent LB LaVar Arrington (Redskins) last week. They reportedly took a step back when agent Carl Poston threw out numbers in the seven-year, $54 million range, with a signing-bonus demand of $14 million.

Once again the FAB 4 was weeks ahead for the media with the facts in the Arrington situation.

From KFFL:

Once again the FAB 4 was weeks ahead for the media with the facts in the Arrington situation.

LOL I wish I could tell you my insider info, but I'm not allowed.

Where exactly did you say that? Any more can make this prediction.

Guest Carbo
From KFFL:

Thank you for the always accurate reports.

LOL I wish I could tell you my insider info, but I'm not allowed.

Where exactly did you say that? Any more can make this prediction.

Ya know I was wondering about that, I noticed on another web site that a few videos that were posted here were posted there latter that day...My my Very interestiNg :TU: