SportsWrath

Spikes

so-cal dub

Florida ILB Brandon Spikes was unable to break 5.0 seconds in the forty-yard dash at the Gators' Wednesday Pro Day.

His unofficial times were 5.02 and 5.08. Spikes is a big hitter with playmaking cover skills, but his forty will haunt him on draft weekend. Once thought to be a late first-round prospect, he may now struggle to go in the second.

If we draft him at 15, I'm putting my head through the wall.

Has anybody clocked that though? The problem for Spikes is that he didn't run at the combine and when he does it's brutal. The guys draft stock is going drop big.

Good. So maybe we can get him and McClain afterall. And he gets in shape at Rookie camp.

i dont see us taking both of them

I would really love to, just so we're basically assured one future starter(hopefully starter for this season) out of it....but OL and Dline are pressing needs along with linebacker....

The teams I make in Madden are ballin'!

Yea but it's two different worlds. I bet you Reese is licking his chops about landing both players in the first 2 rounds. Going DE in the third (man Strahan is really missed). Watch!!!

Yea but it's two different worlds. I bet you Reese is licking his chops about landing both players in the first 2 rounds. Going DE in the third (man Strahan is really missed). Watch!!!

hahaha, I know, I'm just messing, but it's fun to waste a draft trying to get the best MLB by spending your first couple picks on MLBs....in video games, anyway

I certainly hope not. Furthermore by the 3rd round I hope we have an OL drafted or to be drafted with our 3rd pick.

I certainly hope not. Furthermore by the 3rd round I hope we have an OL drafted or to be drafted with our 3rd pick.

I'm no draft expert. I just know our team is in dire need of MLB that if we can get two instead of just one, we'll get them both. And I think DE is a more pressing need than OL. Remember we already have OLs who have a couple of years under their belt on the team learning the system. What makes you think a rookie OL can just contribute?

Is this Beaty guy read to step in? But anyway those are my picks.

I'm no draft expert. I just know our team is in dire need of MLB that if we can get two instead of just one, we'll get them both. And I think DE is a more pressing need than OL. Remember we already have OLs who have a couple of years under their belt on the team learning the system. What makes you think a rookie OL can just contribute?

Is this Beaty guy read to step in? But anyway those are my picks.

Is Beatty going to play the whole line by himself? The O line is old and showed it pretty clearly last season. What dont you understand about developing OL?

if there was a way for us to contact jerry and have him confirm it, i would bet everything i own that he isnt licking his chops about getting both mcclain and spikes. i bet its out of the question in his mind for us to draft both of those guys.

We are not drafting a MLB who is slower then most D-lineman in the draft.

I would rather have Jonas Seawright play MLB then draft Spikes. We have needs at the O-line and D-line to deal with the second pick in the draft, not to mention all draft analysts out there are saying this draft has the best pool of starting DTs in recent history. I'd rather spend on a solid DT who can run a 5.1 40 then a MLB who is going to be covering RBs and TEs and cant break the 4.9 mark.