SportsWrath

Jim Sorgi is a NY Giant

Mr. P

I already know I'm stupid, it has nothing to do with Storm.

I think that depends on the level of suckage. Was the vet cut because of injury, shitty line, bad recievers, etc. or did he just flat out suck. Carr is a perfect example of a talented QB who appeared to suck, but in reality played behind a horrible line. Actually, after the thrashing he took in Houston I'm surprised he didn't just invest his Texan's money and get out of football altogether. Now, somebody wants him, possibly to start or at least compete for a start.

Personally, I'd have rather kept Carr but seeing as that's not an option, I would have been OK with Anderson. He's got experience, he showed (in '07) he could play, and he's still young. Sorgi's young, he's got an arm, and he has studied with Peyton....not a bad signing either. It's not like he was signed to replace Eli. Hell, maybe he could give Eli some of the crib notes he took while with Peyton.

people in SF still think Carr sucks. most of them are not happy about the signing.

anderson just fell apart then he FU'd all over the browns fans on his way out- no thanks. i'm fine with sorgi- i might have some for lunch today with a nice merlot.

people in SF still think Carr sucks. most of them are not happy about the signing.

anderson just fell apart then he FU'd all over the browns fans on his way out- no thanks. i'm fine with sorgi- i might have some for lunch today with a nice merlot.

I actually think Carr will beat out Smith for the starting job and probably flourish. Better than he did in Houston anyway.

Enjoy your merlot, sounds de-lish and after this week, much needed.

I actually think Carr will beat out Smith for the starting job and probably flourish. Better than he did in Houston anyway.

Enjoy your merlot, sounds de-lish and after this week, much needed.

see you're judging smith unfairly as you say others did carr. smith never had weapons, went thru 3 different HC's, like 18 different OC's- questionable line, etc. maybe he's a talented QB that never got a break. i actually think he sucks but based on the carr philosophy......

true about the merlot week.

see you're judging smith unfairly as you say others did carr. smith never had weapons, went thru 3 different HC's, like 18 different OC's- questionable line, etc. maybe he's a talented QB that never got a break. i actually think he sucks but based on the carr philosophy......

true about the merlot week.

Maybe Smith is, maybe he isn't. I don't know enough about his 'situation' to pass judgment, but I do know once Carr got behind a line that wasn't going to get his head knocked off, he didn't look like a scared kitten out there. Obviously SF brought in Carr for competition as opposed to just needing a backup in an emergency, and I just think he'll beat out Smith in camp.

(I'm thinking I just forgo the wine -or- beer and head straight for the Heroin [Tequila]).

Oh dear God there will be Hell to pay if Eli goes down in week 2 and Sorgi is the 2nd coming of Peyton Manning.

I'd rather have a 'seasoned vet' as a backup as well, if for no other reason than experience. It seems to me, while Sorgi has been in the league for 6 years, he hasn't seen much playing time. How can he be experienced enough to read defenses? Not his own practice squad's defense, but a real, honest to God "I'm-coming-down-the-pipe-to-kill-you" defense. He could have a cannon of an arm, but what good will it do if he's on his ass? I'm not saying that will happen, but logic tells me if he spent 6 years on the bench, he probably hasn't seen many defensive lineman plowing through the line. None of the vet names out there are impressive, but at least they've got playing time under their belts.

In reality it doesn't really matter much who is backup. They're not competing for a starting slot in NY, all they have to do is practice and manage a game in an emergency. With Eli's start streak, my Grandmother could be backup and she's been dead for 22 years.

I don't buy that he can't read defenses at all. He studies film with Peyton Manning.

It's not like the guy has never faced defensive pass rushers in his entire life.

Who is the backup qb in indy now that forced sorgi out? He has got to be awesome!

You need to be careful here rik because if you use any logic with storm you are stupid.

I hope we get the guy who hands peyton his gatorade coming off the field.

Oh and if eli goes down and sorgi does what you say, then fucking fantastic.does anybody here really give a shit about being right or wrong as long as we win. Oh hold on.....

I never said you were stupid. I disagree with you and gave you the statistics and breakdowns of the last couple failing years of QBs you want ahead of Jim Sorgi. If you feel you're using logic because you want a seasoned vet with no arm and hardly anything left in the gas tank, or a guy that's retired, that's up to you. But I'll keep the big picture in mind and go with the young guy who has learned from the best, has the better arm, has seen plenty of action in preseason, has looked good in preseason, and actually has done well with the regular season attempts he does have.

I think I'll concede that Derek Anderson would be a close 2nd in my choices for backup, though....even though he's awful regardless of starting experience.

I already know I'm stupid, it has nothing to do with Storm.

I think that depends on the level of suckage. Was the vet cut because of injury, shitty line, bad recievers, etc. or did he just flat out suck. Carr is a perfect example of a talented QB who appeared to suck, but in reality played behind a horrible line. Actually, after the thrashing he took in Houston I'm surprised he didn't just invest his Texan's money and get out of football altogether. Now, somebody wants him, possibly to start or at least compete for a start.

Personally, I'd have rather kept Carr but seeing as that's not an option, I would have been OK with Anderson. He's got experience, he showed (in '07) he could play, and he's still young. Sorgi's young, he's got an arm, and he has studied with Peyton....not a bad signing either. It's not like he was signed to replace Eli. Hell, maybe he could give Eli some of the crib notes he took while with Peyton.

So how in the hell do you expect to sign a quarterback who wants to compete for a starting spot? AKA Derek Anderson.

So how in the hell do you expect to sign a quarterback who wants to compete for a starting spot? AKA Derek Anderson.

I don't expect anyone to sign who wants a starting position. Any QB who signs with the Giants is going to know full well they're not going to start unless Eli gets hurt. All I said was that I'd be OK with Anderson signing (if, of course, he was willing to accept just a backup role).

I don't expect anyone to sign who wants a starting position. Any QB who signs with the Giants is going to know full well they're not going to start unless Eli gets hurt. All I said was that I'd be OK with Anderson signing (if, of course, he was willing to accept just a backup role).

True...so he's eliminated from contention! TKO! But check this out.... Five places he could land

I see Jake Delhomme is rumored to be the new starter in Cleveland...or that seems to be the popular opinion...I dunno, I don't see it...maybe that's another reason the Giants didn't seem to pursue him because Cleveland might start him....

True...so he's eliminated from contention! TKO! But check this out.... Five places he could land

I see Jake Delhomme is rumored to be the new starter in Cleveland...or that seems to be the popular opinion...I dunno, I don't see it...maybe that's another reason the Giants didn't seem to pursue him because Cleveland might start him....

With the signing of Sorgi he's certainly out of contention. According to that article though, he could be a backup in Arizona and Carolina, a 'mentor' in St. Louis, a backup-cum-starter in Pittsburgh if Big Ben gets suspended, and a starter in Buffalo (I'm sure Seph is just thrilled). So had we not signed Sorgi, he wouldn't necessarily be TKO'd. My guess is he'll end up with an inflated salary in Oakland because, hey, that's just the way Al Davis rolls.

With the signing of Sorgi he's certainly out of contention. According to that article though, he could be a backup in Arizona and Carolina, a 'mentor' in St. Louis, a backup-cum-starter in Pittsburgh if Big Ben gets suspended, and a starter in Buffalo (I'm sure Seph is just thrilled). So had we not signed Sorgi, he wouldn't necessarily be TKO'd. My guess is he'll end up with an inflated salary in Oakland because, hey, that's just the way Al Davis rolls.

No, I mean he was never in contention...he wants to the chance to win the starting job....that would NEVER happen here....it might not eliminate him from our radar, but we certainly weren't on his....and never were....not if he wants to start for another team and come back and mess Cleveland up....

No, I mean he was never in contention...he wants to the chance to win the starting job....that would NEVER happen here....it might not eliminate him from our radar, but we certainly weren't on his....and never were....not if he wants to start for another team and come back and mess Cleveland up....

Oh, ok, gotcha.