SportsWrath

Antrel Rolle has signed with the Giants

Mr. P

I agree Tree. I really believe guys like Sintim, Goff and Kehl will do fine at LB, and I think we still may bring in Kirk Morrison. So safety was huge. I really dont think DT is a concern, unless Alford and Canty dont recover from injury. But I dont see why they wouldnt. Great signing here. I really like Antrel.

HA HA HA...

The three worst decisions teams made:

3. The Giants paying Antrel Rolle like the best safety in football when he hasn't performed that way. Rolle was the second-best safety on his own team. How many times have you watched Arizona play and said, "Rolle controlled that game?'' Never. He's never had a 100-tackle season in five years (not that that's the measuring stick for a great DB). He has intercepted 12 passes in five season and forced three fumbles in 68 career games. I think he's a nice player, not a dominant one.

This is the second straight year the Giants have paid a free-agent defended franchise-player money. Last year it was Chris Canty's six-year, $42-million deal; now it's $37 million for Rolle over five. Canty was hurt much of last season, but GM Jerry Reese needs Canty and Rolle to be the players he paid for or he's going to feel heat for the first time in his short but illustrious GM career.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/peter_king/03/07/freeagency/1.html#ixzz0hcSHiRGr

Get a free NFL Team Jacket and Tee with SI Subscription

HA HA HA...

3. The Giants paying Antrel Rolle like the best safety in football when he hasn't performed that way. Rolle was the second-best safety on his own team. How many times have you watched Arizona play and said, "Rolle controlled that game?'' Never. He's never had a 100-tackle season in five years (not that that's the measuring stick for a great DB). He has intercepted 12 passes in five season and forced three fumbles in 68 career games. I think he's a nice player, not a dominant one.

This is the second straight year the Giants have paid a free-agent defended franchise-player money. Last year it was Chris Canty's six-year, $42-million deal; now it's $37 million for Rolle over five. Canty was hurt much of last season, but GM Jerry Reese needs Canty and Rolle to be the players he paid for or he's going to feel heat for the first time in his short but illustrious GM career.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/peter_king/03/07/freeagency/1.html#ixzz0hcSHiRGr

I appreciate the admiration. :rolleyes:

If Adrian Wilson was that dominant safety in AZ, that would be why Rolles numbers were not as impressive as some would think. The guy is good, REAL good. Thats why we werent the only team trying to get him.

HA HA HA...

I love all these guys talking about how we overpaid. It's a fucking uncapped year, you dolts. Not to mention, it ain't your money. As long as they structure the contracts right, it shouldn't even effect us in the future when a cap is reinstated.

If Adrian Wilson was that dominant safety in AZ, that would be why Rolles numbers were not as impressive as some would think. The guy is good, REAL good. Thats why we werent the only team trying to get him.

Oh, I see... Wilson made so many tackles, had so many picks, and made so many forced fumbles that there was just nothing left for Rolle to do.

If my numbers are correct, and my statistician is off this week, in last years playoffs when the Packers and Saints hung 90 points on the Cards in back to back weeks, Rolle had no picks, no forced fumbles...

Surely, the million dollar man should have risen up when his team needed him the most, wouldn't you agree, Superfan?

Or was there just not enough big plays to go around between him and Wilson in those games too?

The "paid like the best in football" argument is stupid. We paid his market value, as evidenced by Arizona's willingness to match the offer. Next time Ed Reed or Troy Polomalu or whoever else enters a contract year they'll be the highest paid at their position. Salaries aren't static and new contracts have very little to do with what old contracts were signed for.

Trading a 1st and a 3rd for Roy Williams, that's overpaying.

LMAO @ the Roy Williams mention!! Good point. And werent they in the market for Boldin too awhile back? He was gotten for a mere 4th and 5th rd pick I think it was, and hes TEN TIMES better and more productive than R Williams! lol

Oh, I see... Wilson made so many tackles, had so many picks, and made so many forced fumbles that there was just nothing left for Rolle to do.

If my numbers are correct, and my statistician is off this week, in last years playoffs when the Packers and Saints hung 90 points on the Cards in back to back weeks, Rolle had no picks, no forced fumbles...

Surely, the million dollar man should have risen up when his team needed him the most, wouldn't you agree, Superfan?

Or was there just not enough big plays to go around between him and Wilson in those games too?

Well, when the GMen arent playing, I dont pay alot of attention to whats goin on in the playoffs. But I would be curious to see how the receiver he covered did. Because you dont always contribute by making picks or forced fumbles. But you know what I meant dumass.

The "paid like the best in football" argument is stupid. We paid his market value, as evidenced by Arizona's willingness to match the offer. Next time Ed Reed or Troy Polomalu or whoever else enters a contract year they'll be the highest paid at their position. Salaries aren't static and new contracts have very little to do with what old contracts were signed for.

Trading a 1st and a 3rd for Roy Williams, that's overpaying.

I wouldn't defend the Roy Williams deal.

And here's a news flash: Rolle is not Ed Reed or Troy Polomalu..

BUT the Giants payed him like he was.

I wouldn't defend the Roy Williams deal.

And here's a news flash: Rolle is not Ed Reed or Troy Polomalu..

BUT the Giants payed him like he was.

And the Dallas Cowboys paid Romo like he was an Peyton Manning or John Elway.

But he isnt.

Teams all across this league can be accused of over paying for players who arnt really worth the contract (ala Romo, Haynesworth, Bernard), I honestly dont see the point your trying to make. Other then you get your jollies off of coming here to inform us of something we already knew.

And the Dallas Cowboys paid Romo like he was an Peyton Manning or John Elway.

But he isnt.

Teams all across this league can be accused of over paying for players who arnt really worth the contract (ala Romo, Haynesworth, Bernard), I honestly dont see the point your trying to make. Other then you get your jollies off of coming here to inform us of something we already knew.

I think he's jealous his team isn't signing players.

nice...the giants make a somewhat positive manuever and suddenly all the fair weather fans resurface...the dog for one hopes you at least take off your saints jersey while posting....

nice...the giants make a somewhat positive manuever and suddenly all the fair weather fans resurface...the dog for one hopes you at least take off your saints jersey while posting....

You're ridiculous. You just pop up out of nowhere and accuse someone else of resurfacing? Nice to have your dumass back. Its been awhile. :rolleyes:

I love all these guys talking about how we overpaid. It's a fucking uncapped year, you dolts. Not to mention, it ain't your money. As long as they structure the contracts right, it shouldn't even effect us in the future when a cap is reinstated.

From what I have read he gets the $15 million guarantee in the first 2 years so if he bombs it'd be easy to just drop him with no cap hit. I still think the Giants over paid especially since the other front runs (Bears and Dolphins) had already blown their load and weren't going to pay big money again. The only issue is that the Cardinals would have had a better chance at matching (which they did with this contract) and keeping him. In my opinion it was a huge reach, reminds me a lot of G. Wilson's market value reaches, but hopefully it all works out well for the Giants.

You're ridiculous. You just pop up out of nowhere and accuse someone else of resurfacing? Nice to have your dumass back. Its been awhile. :rolleyes:

dog has been here...you however disappeared a good part of this year, which oddly coincided with an off year for the giants. similar to last year following the playoff loss...similar to the year before when the giants struggled through part of the year (only to resurface after the playoff win against tampa). that being said, it is nice to have you back on board. things were relatively slow this year from about week 7 onward. what is one to do...

dog has been here...you however disappeared a good part of this year, which oddly coincided with an off year for the giants. similar to last year following the playoff loss...similar to the year before when the giants struggled through part of the year (only to resurface after the playoff win against tampa). that being said, it is nice to have you back on board. things were relatively slow this year from about week 7 onward. what is one to do...

I dont know what your talking about Dog, BigBlue has been here all year with us and I know so. Gameday threads and so on and so fourth he was in all of them cheering and cursing the events of the game. Like I said in a previous post which you obviously have thought to over look....

"If you havent noticed this boards activity goes down with the Giants season is over and alot of posters only visit every so often, myself included. Does that make me a fair weather fan? No. But when there is nothing to talk about Giant's related there is not much happening on here, with free agency and the draft coming up there is reason to be active on here again outside of the occasional browsing.

Come on Dog, I know you and BB01 hound each other non-stop but even I dont question his fan hood. Hell I'm a Canadian with no ties to the New York area yet I've been a fan of the Giants since the 90s and I'll never root for another NFL team as I do the Giants."

Oddly enough you only seem to reply to a certain individuals post and when anyone else tries to say something other wise you either ignore or dont even bother to respond to them. Oh well.

Lonk

4 years at 25 million with 11.1 guaranteed.

brilliant_medium.jpg

Word. That was 4 years ago and he was getting over 6 million a year. And BadFag is talking about US overpaying? At least Antrell Rolle is more than a "hard hitting safety".