SportsWrath

Jets to release Thomas Jones

BronxRik

I think I'll start asking Hugh for his football opinions...he could at least tell me about players on the Dolphins.... :ph34r:

I think we make a push for some FA running back this offseason....I wouldn't want Tomlinson, but Thomas Jones would be a good fit for a year or two.

This statement didn't make much sense to me at first...then I checked their ages...Jones is 32 (younger than I thought), Tomlinson is 31, and Jones has 600 fewer carries on his legs.

So I take back what I said...at the right price, Jones would be a good guy to have on the team.

What am I saying...'at the right price'? If this season is going down without a salary cap,what difference does it make. :thumbs:

I saw enough to know he ran behind 3 all stars and he lost his starting job to a rookie by the end of the season, how about you?

Yah, and Brandon Jacobs has run behind all stars, and has yet to even come close to 1400 yards. Point is, there isn't a Giants fan alive that should be satisfied with Brandon Jacobs-Ahmad Bradshaw-Danny Ware- Andre Brown. Jacobs looks like a goon running, we're talking about trading Ahmad, Danny Ware isn't good, and Andre Brown is unproven.

LT lost his starting job to a dude who's about 4 inches shorter than me and to Michael Bennett. Doesn't mean he's old and no good, it means the team was ready to give another guy a chance and go in another direction. I wouldn't want LT though....he's actually damaged.

Obviously Kurt Warner wasn't through when we replaced him with Eli.

He would definitely be a good fit for a year for a team that's at the cusp of going on another run....especially since our offensive backfield is one giant ?.

The dude is 32 years old and has consistently ran for over a 1000 yards the last 5 seasons....the Jets simply cut him to make way for their rookie stud Shonn Greene

Yah, and Brandon Jacobs has run behind all stars, and has yet to even come close to 1400 yards. Point is, there isn't a Giants fan alive that should be satisfied with Brandon Jacobs-Ahmad Bradshaw-Danny Ware- Andre Brown. Jacobs looks like a goon running, we're talking about trading Ahmad, Danny Ware isn't good, and Andre Brown is unproven.

if we trade bradshaw, it would be a mistake. i haven't heard that- but my football IQ isn't very good. thomas jones should be put to stud.

if we trade bradshaw, it would be a mistake. i haven't heard that- but my football IQ isn't very good. thomas jones should be put to stud.

LOL, for Antonio Cromartie, it definitely would not be a mistake. Your backup running back for a shut down cornerback? From what I've read, Bradshaw is looking for a payday similar to Jacobs, and the Chargers desperately need running backs....if we can get away with Bradshaw and like a 3rd rounder, why not snatch up Cromartie for that deal?

LOL, for Antonio Cromartie, it definitely would not be a mistake. Your backup running back for a shut down cornerback? From what I've read, Bradshaw is looking for a payday similar to Jacobs, and the Chargers desperately need running backs....if we can get away with Bradshaw and like a 3rd rounder, why not snatch up Cromartie for that deal?

Because Cromartie is a shitty tackler and a pussy.

Evidence and Funny.

Anyway I do agree with you on Jacobs being a liability. Considering breaking contracts this year causes no cap hit I am surprised he hasn't been dumped yet.

Cromartie has been worse then CC Brown the last couple of years, you take his one and only season where he intercepted Manning what was it 6 times? and this kid is a joke of a corner. Frankly I would rather have CC playing corner then Cromartie.

gawd, you guys are rough. at the beginning of last season, jacobs was everybody's favorite. he guts through injuries, both his own and on the OL plus NO DEEP THREAT meaning 8 or 9 in the box. and you guys want to put him aside?

and replace him with grandpa jones? you've been drinking IHD's kool aid.

gawd, you guys are rough. at the beginning of last season, jacobs was everybody's favorite. he guts through injuries, both his own and on the OL plus NO DEEP THREAT meaning 8 or 9 in the box. and you guys want to put him aside?

I still think we'll get the potential out of him in coming seasons. I just wish he'd stop throwing punches on the field.

Because Cromartie is a shitty tackler and a pussy.

Evidence and Funny.

Anyway I do agree with you on Jacobs being a liability. Considering breaking contracts this year causes no cap hit I am surprised he hasn't been dumped yet.

We have Terrell Thomas, and everyone gets on him because he makes so many tackles (and fail to realize our front seven created all those tackle opportunities). WTF do you people want? A CB who can tackle or a CB who can cover?

Cromarite for Bradshaw straight up would be a complete steal (it would prolly take a first day draft pick, too)....and I doubt we go this direction, but it's important that people realize we definitely need some kind of running back to shore us up....

Honestly, I think Ahmad Bradshaw has a far better chance of becoming a star running back and leader of this offense than Brandon Jacobs ever had....I've been saying for months I would like to see Bradshaw get more of a share of the load....

you must have low football IQ too. We ride the short bus of football knowledge.

Dude, that shit was like 3 weeks ago. But here you go....there's multiple, try google.com.

My link

It was even on rumor central for a while, too, but that links busted now....

My link

thomas jones has 2700 yards and 27 TDs with a 4.3 YPC average over the last two seasons...far superior to the "big" horse jacobs who can't finish a season and far less of an attack runner than his mouth would lead you to believe...is he a long-term replacement for jacobs? no. should he even replace jacobs now? maybe...has he been more productive in recent years (despite being a "grandpa" at the age of 31) than jacobs? yes. the dog is just saying he would be an upgrade at that position for the giants or a number of teams. perhaps you should take a sip of the dog's kool-aid. you might just learn a thing or two...

thomas jones has 2700 yards and 27 TDs with a 4.3 YPC average over the last two seasons...far superior to the "big" horse jacobs who can't finish a season and far less of an attack runner than his mouth would lead you to believe...is he a long-term replacement for jacobs? no. should he even replace jacobs now? maybe...has he been more productive in recent years (despite being a "grandpa" at the age of 31) than jacobs? yes. the dog is just saying he would be an upgrade at that position for the giants or a number of teams. perhaps you should take a sip of the dog's kool-aid. you might just learn a thing or two...

I feel like I get hated on for posting stats...apparently, no one considers them when comparing the effectiveness of Jacobs to Jones...

nothing credible, storm. just a whole lot of nose picker blogs.

I know, but I did see it originally on ESPN, I swear....my buddy did, too....now all the "official" ones are suggesting Cromartie to Dallas for Choice or Cromartie to Green Bay or Cromartie to Detroit....so I definitely doubt it's very serious, even still, it could mean we're being aggressive in who we're willing to part with....

what flavor does it come in? redundant raspberry?ranting2.gif

what flavor does it come in? redundant raspberry?ranting2.gif

for you, the dog recommends the mixed berry flavor. it is loaded with added echinocia to assist those feeling "thick-headed" due to sinus congestion. Should assist you in the same way, and in the end, could help the dog remove the redundant rasberry off the shelf...just a suggestion...

for you, the dog recommends the mixed berry flavor. it is loaded with added echinocia to assist those feeling "thick-headed" due to sinus congestion. Should assist you in the same way, and in the end, could help the dog remove the redundant rasberry off the shelf...just a suggestion...

mellow.gif i was expecting a retort that was at least humorous. good spelling, though!

mellow.gif i was expecting a retort that was at least humorous. good spelling, though!

oh well...perhaps the dog can someday be witty enough to come up with something like "redundant rasberry"...dare to dream dog, dare to dream...

Please tell me that was doctored.

It's not and that's why he is being traded. If this is how he plays during a playoff game can you imagine the lackadaisical effort he'll give during a regular season game. Especially on that last stop where the whole D runs into the pile except Cromartie. That TD run was just absolutely pathetic; he didn't even try to tackle him. The Giants definitely don't need a punk like that on D and definitely not for our best RB. I have the feeling there will be little interest for him from any team.