SportsWrath

NY Giants Give DT Barry Cofield 2nd Round Tender

Mr. P

That's not bad. He's good to have around, but still need to add another DT to the mix. Hopefully Canty can pick up some of the slack. Alford should be solid too.

Still, Linebacker is the most pressing need.

DT is our greatest need....There was no pressure up the middle this year.

Yeah Alford is young and hopefully he made a full recovery....cause if he has I think most of our DT problems are solved.

Yeah, Alford was a great backup, his injury was definately ablow to our Dline. Im not sure about Bernard, but if Canty comes back healthy, hes gonna be a force.

Yeah, Alford was a great backup, his injury was definately ablow to our Dline. Im not sure about Bernard, but if Canty comes back healthy, hes gonna be a force.

Alford at least showed flashes before he got hurt. What are you basing your Canty assessment on? I think they made a huge mistake throwing money at an average 3-4 DE expecting him, for some reason, to be a great interior lineman.

Alford at least showed flashes before he got hurt. What are you basing your Canty assessment on? I think they made a huge mistake throwing money at an average 3-4 DE expecting him, for some reason, to be a great interior lineman.

He was nicked up all year, I don't think we can really judge exactly what sort of player he is when healthy. Personally, I'm holding my tongue on that signing until he's had another year. He wasn't half bad for Dallas...nice space eater, I always thought.

Nah, the Defensive line horrible, especially the DT position. I can't blame everything on Sheridan.

I can....he had injuries to deal with that is for sure...but Spags made his living by being agressive...it looked like SHeridan was afraid to send guys

At this point, his tremendous upside and the time he played for Dallas. He was pretty good in Dallas, and hes a big young guy that commanded double teams toward the end of last yr. I probably should have said most likely will be a force, but I believe he will be. I just think its ridiculous to say that our Dline is garbage, esp our DT's. We have virtually the EXACT same line, but with more depth. it was injuries that fucked up our Dline, not talent.

Well, that....and a HORRIBLE DC. :rolleyes:

At this point, his tremendous upside and the time he played for Dallas. He was pretty good in Dallas, and hes a big young guy that commanded double teams toward the end of last yr. I probably should have said most likely will be a force, but I believe he will be. I just think its ridiculous to say that our Dline is garbage, esp our DT's. We have virtually the EXACT same line, but with more depth. it was injuries that fucked up our Dline, not talent.

Hey Superfan. Still hanging on to those Giants I see...

You just unknowingly summarized the problem with Canty.

He has had this "tremendous upside" since the day he was drafted. Yet, he was only "pretty good." Year after year...

So the Giants are paying the type of money you give to tremendous players to a pretty good player whose tremendous upside never seems to materialize.

The Cowboys defense did not miss him a bit last season and they saved a little money on Igor.

Hey Superfan. Still hanging on to those Giants I see...

You just unknowingly summarized the problem with Canty.

He has had this "tremendous upside" since the day he was drafted. Yet, he was only "pretty good." Year after year...

So the Giants are paying the type of money you give to tremendous players to a pretty good player whose tremendous upside never seems to materialize.

The Cowboys defense did not miss him a bit last season and they saved a little money on Igor.

So basically, it takes you about 2 months to show your mug around here after being embarrassed. K, I got it now. :rolleyes:

Anyways, I didn't UNKNOWINGLY do anything, I summed up Canty the way I see him, and you can take it how you want. Of course you're not gonna say you missed Canty, hes with the enemy now. But how can you not miss him? And what do you mean by "didnt miss a beat" w/o him? Because D Ware had a MUCH better season in 08 when Canty was commanding double teams allowing Ware to notch 20 sacks and 69 tackles. Last yr, w/o Canty? 11 sacks, 45 tackles. Im not saying Wares drop in production was tied directly to Canty, but it sure could have been. Ive already said I BELIEVE he will be a force. No one really knows. But you are taking the same guy you most likely praised (if you were a cowboy fan then, I mean, with your teams all over the place, who knows who you'll root for. lol) and now are saying he'lll never be anything more than having upside now that hes with the enemy.

No hangin on here schmucky, Im BIGBLUE till I die. I think you know that, and I think youre jealous. :smartass:

So basically, it takes you about 2 months to show your mug around here after being embarrassed. K, I got it now. :rolleyes:

Anyways, I didn't UNKNOWINGLY do anything, I summed up Canty the way I see him, and you can take it how you want. Of course you're not gonna say you missed Canty, hes with the enemy now. But how can you not miss him? And what do you mean by "didnt miss a beat" w/o him? Because D Ware had a MUCH better season in 08 when Canty was commanding double teams allowing Ware to notch 20 sacks and 69 tackles. Last yr, w/o Canty? 11 sacks, 45 tackles. Im not saying Wares drop in production was tied directly to Canty, but it sure could have been. Ive already said I BELIEVE he will be a force. No one really knows. But you are taking the same guy you most likely praised (if you were a cowboy fan then, I mean, with your teams all over the place, who knows who you'll root for. lol) and now are saying he'lll never be anything more than having upside now that hes with the enemy.

No hangin on here schmucky, Im BIGBLUE till I die. I think you know that, and I think youre jealous. :smartass:

At the outset, I should say that I've been here since the Vikings game. I popped on to that silly little joke that JoeMorris played to breakup the offseason bordom in which he referred to Eli as an "elite QB." HA HA HA... :LMAO: You should check that thread out for a good laugh when you have a moment Blue.

I love it when you refute the "points" that you attempt to make. And I use the term "points" loosely. But I think you are right the second time around and Canty's departure has little to do with the drop in Ware's sacks.

You are right when you say "nobody really knows" about Canty, so why pay him the way you would pay a player whom we know is great???

And you are correct. I did praise the Cowboys for drafting Canty later in the draft (4th round I think). Just as I praised the Cowboys for letting his underachieving ass go...

At the outset, I should say that I've been here since the Vikings game. I popped on to that silly little joke that JoeMorris played to breakup the offseason bordom in which he referred to Eli as an "elite QB." HA HA HA... :LMAO: You should check that thread out for a good laugh when you have a moment Blue.

I love it when you refute the "points" that you attempt to make. And I use the term "points" loosely. But I think you are right the second time around and Canty's departure has little to do with the drop in Ware's sacks.

You are right when you say "nobody really knows" about Canty, so why pay him the way you would pay a player whom we know is great???

And you are correct. I did praise the Cowboys for drafting Canty later in the draft (4th round I think). Just as I praised the Cowboys for letting his underachieving ass go...

You're just upset that your team hasn't made any kind of splash in free agency and your team is essentially at the apex of where it can go with the current crop of players.

So, you praised Canty before he did anything too?? Thats the pot calling the kettle black. lol And before I go check out the thread where Eli is referred to an elite QB, are there any references to Toni Homo bein elite? Cause if so, thats the true humor in that thread. :laugh:

So, if Cantys departure had little to do with Wares dropoff.....what was the reason then? Is he already on his downside?

Oh.....Storm brought up a good "point"........the girls are about as good as their gonna get, so it looks like theyll be adding to that string of winnin nothin that matters. 15 years and counting! lol

So, you praised Canty before he did anything too?? Thats the pot calling the kettle black. lol And before I go check out the thread where Eli is referred to an elite QB, are there any references to Toni Homo bein elite? Cause if so, thats the true humor in that thread. :laugh:

So, if Cantys departure had little to do with Wares dropoff.....what was the reason then? Is he already on his downside?

Oh.....Storm brought up a good "point"........the girls are about as good as their gonna get, so it looks like theyll be adding to that string of winnin nothin that matters. 15 years and counting! lol

Toni Tony Tonee will NEVER be a Super Bowl winning quarterback. And for that simple fact, he also, will never be an "elite" quarterback.

And as far as Canty, we don't know yet what he brings to the table. He was injured. But that's neither here nor there. With Fred Robbins gone, and Alford healthy, I think you can put trust in the fact Canty will have a much more productive season if he stays healthy.

Toni Tony Tonee will NEVER be a Super Bowl winning quarterback. And for that simple fact, he also, will never be an "elite" quarterback.

And as far as Canty, we don't know yet what he brings to the table. He was injured. But that's neither here nor there. With Fred Robbins gone, and Alford healthy, I think you can put trust in the fact Canty will have a much more productive season if he stays healthy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jfoxsfhi-kk

Rescued again, eh Big Blue? Maybe you should change your name to Lois Lane...

See what happens when little fucks like you come to a playground where youre not welcome? You get things wrong. You have no idea what I meant by "to the rescue". :rolleyes: Pdouble always posts a pic or gif associated with the topic. You dumbshit. Youre wrong. Maybe you should change your name to Mr Dumass.

And thats not pronounced DOOMAAS......................... :thumbs:

I can....he had injuries to deal with that is for sure...but Spags made his living by being agressive...it looked like SHeridan was afraid to send guys

Sheriden blew, but he sent guys... the problem is he sent the wrong guys.... there's no reason why Justin Tuck should be downfield trying to cover DeShean Jackson, while Michael Boley is blitzing...

Things like that happened on more than one occasion, and on more than one occasion, the D got burned.

Sheriden blew, but he sent guys... the problem is he sent the wrong guys.... there's no reason why Justin Tuck should be downfield trying to cover DeShean Jackson, while Michael Boley is blitzing...

Things like that happened on more than one occasion, and on more than one occasion, the D got burned.

Thats true, I dont know how many times I said..."What the fuck is Justin Tuck doin coverin a WR?" It was amazing the blitzes he would send. The guy must not have paid attention to the players we had. lol