SportsWrath

Yanks Sign Marcus Thames

BleedinBlue

Yanks signed Marcus Thames today. I like the signing better than Winn. Should put a little competition back into the mix at Spring training.

I like Thames. I remember when he came up through the Yankee farm system and started playing with the big team. I thought he had a lot of promise and poof, the Yanks traded him away.

Rumors of Damon coming back seem pretty far fetched after the signing the Yanks have made with outfielders.

• 1 month later...

Yanks signed Marcus Thames today. I like the signing better than Winn. Should put a little competition back into the mix at Spring training.

I like Thames. I remember when he came up through the Yankee farm system and started playing with the big team. I thought he had a lot of promise and poof, the Yanks traded him away.

Rumors of Damon coming back seem pretty far fetched after the signing the Yanks have made with outfielders.

Thames isn't showing the hustle he had the first time we had him, so I think he's a goner. I still don't think Winn will be happy as a 4th outfielder. And, Hoffman? I doubt he'll be on the roster if we get to keep him.

Thames isn't showing the hustle he had the first time we had him, so I think he's a goner. I still don't think Winn will be happy as a 4th outfielder. And, Hoffman? I doubt he'll be on the roster if we get to keep him.

day late ditto...hoffman was cut and the dodgers grabbed him back...Thames made the team and will be used against left handers(even though he is a terrible outfielder). But Im not complaining about a 5th outfielder. I dont think Thames will see much playing time after April

day late ditto...hoffman was cut and the dodgers grabbed him back...Thames made the team and will be used against left handers(even though he is a terrible outfielder). But Im not complaining about a 5th outfielder. I dont think Thames will see much playing time after April

Yep! I saw that on the game yesterday.

I'm not sure I'd like to keep Thames, though. I know he has some power, and they're saying he can hit lefties, but it sucked watching him not run out fly balls this spring.

His stats the last 3 yrs