SportsWrath

Is everyone prepared...

WolfA4

I know. Ive known very few of the real fans. The rest of them are usual bandwagon, closet fans who will now suddenly show-up as if theyve been bleeding gold and black since the day they were born.

On a side note - Shockey gets his second ring, catches a TD in the Superbowl, the Chargers must like a real bunch of fucking nitwits, the Manning legacy takes a slight hit, and I dont know if anybody deserved it more than Drew Brees did.

99% of saints fans couldn't name the saints starting QB before brees.

Fuck I forget his name now. Was it Brooks or something? I remember there is that classic pick where he lined up in the wrong spot. Anyway when any team wins the SB there are lots of sudden fans. Hell after the Giants win I suddenly noticed many more people with Giants hats.

I know. Ive known very few of the real fans. The rest of them are usual bandwagon, closet fans who will now suddenly show-up as if theyve been bleeding gold and black since the day they were born.

On a side note - Shockey gets his second ring, catches a TD in the Superbowl, the Chargers must like a real bunch of fucking nitwits, the Manning legacy takes a slight hit, and I dont know if anybody deserved it more than Drew Brees did.

more like the dolphins for taking culpepper over him. chargers have a very good qb.

Fuck I forget his name now. Was it Brooks or something? I remember there is that classic pick where he lined up in the wrong spot. Anyway when any team wins the SB there are lots of sudden fans. Hell after the Giants win I suddenly noticed many more people with Giants hats.

Aaron Brooks?

for the thousands of fake saints fans to come out of the woodworks?

I had to deal with half a million of them at my family's Super Bowl party....I got so sick of "Yeah I want them to win because they never won one.....because of Katrina....etc...." :rolleyes:

I had to deal with half a million of them at my family's Super Bowl party....I got so sick of "Yeah I want them to win because they never won one.....because of Katrina....etc...." :rolleyes:

I am so sick of that. Seriously, Katrina was a horrible disaster, no doubt. But in 2007-2008 you didn't hear "the Giants are playing for the thousands lost in 9/11" or anything like that. There may have been mention of 9/11 (I don't recall), but it certainly wasn't played up like the Giants winning the Superbowl would validate NYC post 9/11. Bottom line is, the Saints had a great season, and great seasons lead to playoff berths, and ultimately, Superbowls. Congrats to the Saints. (Who, btw, I believe will be back to the 'Aints next season).

I am so sick of that. Seriously, Katrina was a horrible disaster, no doubt. But in 2007-2008 you didn't hear "the Giants are playing for the thousands lost in 9/11" or anything like that. There may have been mention of 9/11 (I don't recall), but it certainly wasn't played up like the Giants winning the Superbowl would validate NYC post 9/11. Bottom line is, the Saints had a great season, and great seasons lead to playoff berths, and ultimately, Superbowls. Congrats to the Saints. (Who, btw, I believe will be back to the 'Aints next season).

I've been trying to make this very same point with people until I am blue in the face and people tell me I'm heartless.

Fuck them man.

And yes, the Saints lose half of their roster to free agency.

I've been trying to make this very same point with people until I am blue in the face and people tell me I'm heartless.

Fuck them man.

And yes, the Saints lose half of their roster to free agency.

It just seems to me that Katrina was more played up than the Saints abilities to play football. Like it would have been sad, but ok, if they lost because, you know, Katrina was such a horrible thing for N.O. and they're just happy their team got to the show. I know St. Breesus' numbers were talked about, and how the Saints were a high powered offense and all, but it's just like the Katrina thing was unnecessarily played up. Now, had they gone to the 'bowl the first, maybe second season after katrina, I could totally understand the hype.

more like the dolphins for taking culpepper over him. chargers have a very good qb.

Maybe, but the guy stil choked when it mattered, especially with all the weapons he had. I feel if it was Brees running that team, they would have been in the SB instead of the Colts.

But yeah, point taken. Rivers isnt half bad but everyone was annoiting the Chargers this year as the team with the most momentum etc etc and they flopped ass. Similar to the way everyone was worshipping the Cowboys and about them peaking at the right moment and having the maximum momentum blah blah - and they and their QBs flopped as well.

It just seems to me that Katrina was more played up than the Saints abilities to play football. Like it would have been sad, but ok, if they lost because, you know, Katrina was such a horrible thing for N.O. and they're just happy their team got to the show. I know St. Breesus' numbers were talked about, and how the Saints were a high powered offense and all, but it's just like the Katrina thing was unnecessarily played up. Now, had they gone to the 'bowl the first, maybe second season after katrina, I could totally understand the hype.

People in general try to create a sob-story out of nothing. Probably the the whole Katrina thing was more hyped up because it was Superdome that gave shelter to a lot of people during that time and the Saints could not play a bunch of home games etc etc. But yeah - the players are millionaires living in lavish mansions. Move the fuck on. They had a great season, played excellent football and are deserving winners. Just appreciate the fact that they were the best football team this season instead of mixing it up with the whole Katrina thing and emotions and blah blah.

That guy who looked like Martin Lawrence...or a black Alfred E. Newman.

And the Chargers gave up a mediocre QB with a career-threatening shoulder injury, exactly like they should have. Not one person thought Brees was anything but a place-holder except maybe Sean Payton.

Aaron Brooks was the man who threw those TDs to Joe Horn. Adrian McPherson was the guy your thinking of who lines up behind a guard

People in general try to create a sob-story out of nothing. Probably the the whole Katrina thing was more hyped up because it was Superdome that gave shelter to a lot of people during that time and the Saints could not play a bunch of home games etc etc. But yeah - the players are millionaires living in lavish mansions. Move the fuck on. They had a great season, played excellent football and are deserving winners. Just appreciate the fact that they were the best football team this season instead of mixing it up with the whole Katrina thing and emotions and blah blah.

Now if the Aint's had promised half of their SuperBowl salaries to helping some of the still homeless in N.O. post Katrina I might have given a little bit of a shit. But some cocksucker like Shockey (who got rocked on one pass....they tried to make a sammich out of his ass...lol... :clap: )...do you actually think he gives a fuck about anyone who went through Katrina...poor, rich, Black, White and/or whatever. :P

no, but the dog assumes that is b/c they already had gone that route in 2001 with the yankees playing in the world series...it is part of sports and what sports means. probably a bit much to be lamenting about it now this many years later with the connection to the saints, but the reality is, it will always be the way the media takes this kind of thing on...

no, but the dog assumes that is b/c they already had gone that route in 2001 with the yankees playing in the world series...it is part of sports and what sports means. probably a bit much to be lamenting about it now this many years later with the connection to the saints, but the reality is, it will always be the way the media takes this kind of thing on...

I don't remember the Yankees getting much post-9/11 hype...I wondered why at the time. But the 'Patriots' sure as hell did, to the eternal annoyance of New York fans the world over.