SportsWrath

Brandon Jacobs

Lughead

Bradshaw was hurt worse than Jacobs, yet he ran harder and played better.

Enough with the excuses.

You can't be so sure about that. Personally I never bought that Bardshaw had two "broken" feet. Anyone who's ever had a fuckin hairline fracture knows how painful those are.

You can't be so sure about that. Personally I never bought that Bardshaw had two "broken" feet. Anyone who's ever had a fuckin hairline fracture knows how painful those are.

Nas, you miss the point. Bradshaw was hurt one way shape or form and still ran much better than Jacobs. That's all there is to it. To come out at the end of the season bitching about playing hurt is just annoying. If he knew he was hurt, then why halfway throught the season do you say you are going to play harder or quit.

Seriously I wish all these guys would say, I'm going to play harder next year I promise, I'm done making excuses. I don't want to hear it anymore.

At the same time you cant tell me Bradshaw wasnt slamming back the Codine and getting shots for the pain. He may have been playing on two broken feet but I guarantee you with how he was running he didn't feel it until after the game.

At the same time you cant tell me Bradshaw wasnt slamming back the Codine and getting shots for the pain. He may have been playing on two broken feet but I guarantee you with how he was running he didn't feel it until after the game.

I'm not questioning the guy's toughness.. on the contrary. However I do find it hard to believe that anyone can play with not one but two broken feet. Hurt? yea.. Broken feet? <_<

Jacobs knee fine

Giants RB Brandon Jacobs said Friday that his right knee "feels good" after undergoing surgery to repair a torn meniscus. But he wishes he had opted for that surgery after he injured the knee in the season opener against Washington.

"I would’ve got it done Week 1 and missed four or five weeks and came back and played," Jacobs said during a tour of Radio Row at the Super Bowl Media Center. "As the year went on I thought it was going to get better. But when I figured out it wasn’t going to get better, it was too late."

The result was a subpar year with 835 yards and a 3.7-yard average before Jacobs went on injured reserve for the final game.

"I just kept going on it," Jacobs said. "I have to put it all on myself. No one else but me. I did it."

— Vinny DiTrani

SO its partially Jacobs fault for the running style he had this past year . (I say Partial even though Jacobs takes the whole blame) Because we know they had Brandon running plays that were designed for Ward's running style .....broken square peg in a round hole.

poor 265 pound "monster"...hey, this reminds the dog. remember three years ago when the dog said jacobs was overrated and would never be able to carry the load as the number 1 back, and everyone jumped all over the dog...good times...

poor 265 pound "monster"...hey, this reminds the dog. remember three years ago when the dog said jacobs was overrated and would never be able to carry the load as the number 1 back, and everyone jumped all over the dog...good times...

So he has one so-so season, and now he sucks? No sir. BJ is our man. Maybe those defenders should man up and tackle him heads instead of going low like pussies.

I had a torn miniscus last year and like this jughead tried to walk it off for 3-4 months

IT DOES NOT GET BETTER................what kind of lunkhead phyicians do we employ anyway.........torn Miniscus is dead tissue.........it NEVER heals

Torn miniscus usually refurs to one or more tares on the tissue between the knee bones. All the surger does is remove the parts that are hanging there causing the pain. I can't say im the same after my surgery but it feels a whole let better than before. Shit, before the surgery, I'd limp for days if not weeks after physical activities.

P.S. I'm going under the knife friday to repair a torn Achilles tendon. Good times :)

So he has one so-so season, and now he sucks? No sir. BJ is our man. Maybe those defenders should man up and tackle him heads instead of going low like pussies.

the dog never said he sucks, the dog said he was overrated and can't carry the load as the number 1 back (i.e., has never played a full season...). What you saw this year was not unlike past years, the difference being this year the o-line was less effective as they have been, and so the same meager runs he made without the benefit of large gaping holes were more frequent than they have been. he is unable to create on his own, he goes down easily unless he has a full head of steam against a 175 pound d-back, he tip-toes unless there is a large hole to run through, and he runs his mouth twice as fast and hard as he runs...people just bought into it. go back and watch games in past seasons and you will see - he can blame injury...etc...but he ran the same as he always did. the line just didn't give him the gift openings it had in the past...

the dog never said he sucks, the dog said he was overrated and can't carry the load as the number 1 back (i.e., has never played a full season...). What you saw this year was not unlike past years, the difference being this year the o-line was less effective as they have been, and so the same meager runs he made without the benefit of large gaping holes were more frequent than they have been. he is unable to create on his own, he goes down easily unless he has a full head of steam against a 175 pound d-back, he tip-toes unless there is a large hole to run through, and he runs his mouth twice as fast and hard as he runs...people just bought into it. go back and watch games in past seasons and you will see - he can blame injury...etc...but he ran the same as he always did. the line just didn't give him the gift openings it had in the past...

Why do you even talk about the Giants anymore? It's apparent you don't think virtually anyone on the team is worthwhile.

Why do you even talk about the Giants anymore? It's apparent you don't think virtually anyone on the team is worthwhile.

The Giants have played like a bunch of zombies for 2 seasons now...with flashes of utter domination (Dallas)

any cticisim leveled at them at this point is well deserved

we all want to see another Giants Championship.....these guys either need motivation (a new HC, and staff)

or we need to re-cycle half of them immediately.......they are SUPER under performing at this point not SUPER BOWL material

The Giants have played like a bunch of zombies for 2 seasons now...with flashes of utter domination (Dallas)

any cticisim leveled at them at this point is well deserved

we all want to see another Giants Championship.....these guys either need motivation (a new HC, and staff)

or we need to re-cycle half of them immediately.......they are SUPER under performing at this point not SUPER BOWL material

who the hell was talking to you? I hope you get shot in the face and your corpse burned to ashes so you can't be identified.

who the hell was talking to you? I hope you get shot in the face and your corpse burned to ashes so you can't be identified.

He made a pretty good point. Who the fuck are you anyway? No one gives two fucks about you and no one really replies to any of the useless crap you post, anyway. You randomly post bitter trash and harp on people for making good points. What use are you.

Brandon Jacobs isn't the pounding running back everyone thinks and has been the beneficiary of spelling Tiki Barber in the past. True.

The end of 08 Giants and entire 09 Giants played like zombies that deserved to lose. True.

I'd ask who was talking to you in this thread in the first place, but considering no one was talking to you (or even replying back to you), I'll just assume you can't provide an original thought of your own and needed a place to start.

Oh, and btw, Antonio Pierce is no good. Neither is Rocky Bernard. Oh god, I, too, think virtually EVERYONE on the Giants is worthless.

th_Gay_Pride_Flag_3.png

He made a pretty good point. Who the fuck are you anyway? No one gives two fucks about you and no one really replies to any of the useless crap you post, anyway. th_Gay_Pride_Flag_3.pngYou randomly post bitter trash and harp on people for making good points. What use are you.th_Gay_Pride_Flag_3.png

th_Gay_Pride_Flag_3.pngBrandon Jacobs isn't th_Gay_Pride_Flag_3.pngthe poundingth_Gay_Pride_Flag_3.png running back everyone thinks and has been the beneficiary of spelling Tiki Barber in the past. True.

th_Gay_Pride_Flag_3.png

The end of 08 Giants and entire 09 Giants played like zombies that deserved to lose. True.th_Gay_Pride_Flag_3.png

th_Gay_Pride_Flag_3.pngI'd ask who wasth_Gay_Pride_Flag_3.png talking to you in thisth_Gay_Pride_Flag_3.png thread in the first place, but consideringth_Gay_Pride_Flag_3.png no one was talking to you (or even replying back to you), th_Gay_Pride_Flag_3.pngI'll just assume you can't provide anth_Gay_Pride_Flag_3.png original thought of your own and needed a place to start.

th_Gay_Pride_Flag_3.png

Oh, and btwth_Gay_Pride_Flag_3.png, Antonio Pierce th_Gay_Pride_Flag_3.pngis no good. Neither is Rocky Bernard. th_Gay_Pride_Flag_3.pngOh god, I, too, think virtually EVERYONE on the Giants is worthless.th_Gay_Pride_Flag_3.png

Ahhh good ole cock mongering storm, sticking up for jackstroud, who by the way was replying to a post I made to someone else. Quit being a fag Storm, it's bad enough you aren't liked by people but to be a rump rider too, is just going over the top.

Any RB is as good as OL allows him to be. Why is BJ any different?

True but alot of people bought into him being an all pro RB when really he was as I've said before a guy your only going to get a few good years out of him before he starts slowing down. Guys like Chris Johnson, Maurice Jones-Drew, Steven Jackson, ect are all RBs who put up great numbers and have average to decent O-lines in front of them, infact I'll even say Jones-Drew did it with one of the worst blocking lines this year. Jacobs isnt they type of back you could carry a team on his back when the chips are down, when our O-line was playing like HoF'ers during the Super Bowl run we had two 1000 yard backs. Now that our O-line is struggling you see the true nature of our RBs when they have to make plays on their own and not have 8 foot wide holes to run threw. He's just not that type of RB who can make plays when he's called upon and when the opponents D knows they can stop your RB if they take away his obvious running lane then you get what happens this year, Eli and our passing game being the main focus.

I think we will keep Jacobs on the team as a short yardage/change of pace guy, its obvious the days of a "one featured" back in the NFL are coming to an end. We just need to find that other RB who can take the bulk of the carriers and gives us that explosive play making ability. It might be Bradshaw it could even be Brown or maybe we make a move in the draft once we take care of our LB issues.

yes and no...certain backs have ha the luxery of playing behind great o-lines and their production shows it (Emmitt Smith for one). Others have had less on the line and have produced incredibly (sanders being the most obvious). The dog looks at Terrell Davis and would say he benefited from a great o-line, but at the same time, if you look at what he did as far as a runner, he also created a lot on his own, and blended power and speed to make yardage. jacobs has just shown the dog very little overall. he is unable to create, he is not as impressive as he should be in the power run game, and he lacks the overall breakaway ability. in short, he can't carry the load as the everydown back...see blueincanada's comment above - the dog couldn't agree more with what he said...

yes and no...certain backs have ha the luxery of playing behind great o-lines and their production shows it (Emmitt Smith for one). Others have had less on the line and have produced incredibly (sanders being the most obvious). The dog looks at Terrell Davis and would say he benefited from a great o-line, but at the same time, if you look at what he did as far as a runner, he also created a lot on his own, and blended power and speed to make yardage. jacobs has just shown the dog very little overall. he is unable to create, he is not as impressive as he should be in the power run game, and he lacks the overall breakaway ability. in short, he can't carry the load as the everydown back...see blueincanada's comment above - the dog couldn't agree more with what he said...

busted_cop.gif