SportsWrath

Once we bring in a new HC we are looking at a 3-5 yr

JackStroud

crazeddogs, that was marvelous, one of my favorites.

I wouldn't go so far as to wish a meteor to crash on Jack, but if it had to happen to someone, well....

this is typical and never ending. What's funny is that he was all about running out Fassell and lined up to be Tom's (or as the called him : the General) fluffer.

Don't worry, he'll be railing about getting rid of someone else, it's his schtick.

Best to just ignore him and be thankful you don't live by this bottom feeder.

rebuilding program

I don't see the Giants back in the mix for 6-7 years

it will be 2-3 yrs of mediocrity before Coughlin gets the boot

Even if I thought Coughlin is a terrible coach, which I don't, there is no way that it will take 6-7 years to "get back in the mix." (Barring a tragedy like the team plane going down.)

The 2003 team was exponentially worse than the 2009 team--we were terrible on both sides of the ball. Yet, we were division winners in 2005. There is no reason to think, even in your scenario, that we'll be rebuilding for half a decade.

Even if I thought Coughlin is a terrible coach, which I don't, there is no way that it will take 6-7 years to "get back in the mix." (Barring a tragedy like the team plane going down.)

The 2003 team was exponentially worse than the 2009 team--we were terrible on both sides of the ball. Yet, we were division winners in 2005. There is no reason to think, even in your scenario, that we'll be rebuilding for half a decade.

Sometimes its beter to be terrrible....it brings new coaching, new blood, and all that

Yes some of these guys will survive the 4-5-6 year walk in the desert but not many

The WRs, Eli, maybe a DB or two, Tuck, Kiwi, Boss...........the rest will all have to be re-cycled including my beloved Blackburn

I've been a Giants fan for 45 years .....i know when the recycling starts..........its about to start

Reese either bellies up to the bar and chooses his own man as Head Coach, or he too will go

Incidently, the Giants will remain competitive and might even make a few Wildcards in the coming years but really there is no hope for a SB victory baring some extraordinary drafting, and Coughlin being asked to step down...........If Osi hates his guts, you can be sure most fo the rest of them don't like him much either..........let alone run through walls for him......the mediocrity will just lenghten the time to re-build however............marginal players will be kept rather than bring in better ones

Sometimes its beter to be terrrible....it brings new coaching, new blood, and all that

Yes some of these guys will survive the 4-5-6 year walk in the desert but not many

The WRs, Eli, maybe a DB or two, Tuck, Kiwi, Boss...........the rest will all have to be re-cycled including my beloved Blackburn

I've been a Giants fan for 45 years .....i know when the recycling starts..........its about to start

Reese either bellies up to the bar and chooses his own man as Head Coach, or he too will go

Incidently, the Giants will reamain competitive and might even make a few Wildcards in the coming years but really there is no hope for a SB victory baring some extraordinary drafting, and Coughlin being asked to step down...........If Osi hates his guts, you can be sure most fo the rest of them don't like him much either..........let alone run through walls for him......the medicrity will just lenghten the time to re-build however............marginal players will be kept rather than bring in better ones

If Dallas can win the division with Wade Phillips, we can win it with Tom Coughlin, like we did in 2008 and 2005. You're basing your argument on Osi Umenyiora, who at the best of times can say some really silly things. Considering the huge egg the defense laid this past season, I wouldn't base any opinion on the thoughts of that squad: even Strahan told Osi to shut up.

We desperately needed a new DC; we have one, and his character seems to be closer to Spagnuolo than it does Sheridan. Hopefully that translates to more enthusiasm on the field, and better results with schemes. We can't tell either, yet.

We haven't come close to free-agency or the draft yet--but Reese's track record in the draft has been outstanding (at least one quality starter in every draft since 2004, usually more), and I'm not ready to throw the towel in for Canty and Boley.

Our offense is in pretty good shape--our skill positions are solid, except for maybe a 3rd string RB (maybe Ware gets his act together, maybe Brown recovers from the achilles, but I'd pick up a third RB anyway). Our new OT is already on the team (Beatty), so all we really need on the oline is a new left guard, letting Seubert be an excellent sub.

We need linebackers (ones that actually can stay healthy, get to the ball, and cover), a reserve DT (Cofield should get back to form this coming season, hopefully Canty finally clicks as well, and we get Alford back into the rotation), and safeties.

Our defense does need some rebuilding, but we are also in a position to concentrate on the defense this offseason. It's not going to be 4-6 years.

If Dallas can win the division with Wade Phillips, we can win it with Tom Coughlin, like we did in 2008 and 2005. You're basing your argument on Osi Umenyiora, who at the best of times can say some really silly things. Considering the huge egg the defense laid this past season, I wouldn't base any opinion on the thoughts of that squad: even Strahan told Osi to shut up.

We desperately needed a new DC; we have one, and his character seems to be closer to Spagnuolo than it does Sheridan. Hopefully that translates to more enthusiasm on the field, and better results with schemes. We can't tell either, yet.

We haven't come close to free-agency or the draft yet--but Reese's track record in the draft has been outstanding (at least one quality starter in every draft since 2004, usually more), and I'm not ready to throw the towel in for Canty and Boley.

Our offense is in pretty good shape--our skill positions are solid, except for maybe a 3rd string RB (maybe Ware gets his act together, maybe Brown recovers from the achilles, but I'd pick up a third RB anyway). Our new OT is already on the team (Beatty), so all we really need on the oline is a new left guard, letting Seubert be an excellent sub.

We need linebackers (ones that actually can stay healthy, get to the ball, and cover), a reserve DT (Cofield should get back to form this coming season, hopefully Canty finally clicks as well, and we get Alford back into the rotation), and safeties.

Our defense does need some rebuilding, but we are also in a position to concentrate on the defense this offseason. It's not going to be 4-6 years.

Wade is a D guy.......Wade's always had a good D........his problem is Tony Romo, and the Duffuss Owner

Wade is a D guy.......Wade's always had a good D........his problem is Tony Romo, and the Duffuss Owner

You mean, he has to depend on his offensive coordinator to run his offense? Sort of like a head coach with an offensive background has to rely on his defensive coordinator? :confused:

You mean, he has to depend on his offensive coordinator to run his offense? Sort of like a head coach with an offensive background has to rely on his defensive coordinator? :confused:

I'm not suggesting for one minute we get into a bidding war for ol Wade LOL........give me a break

I'd like to see us hire Gruden or Cowher :thumbs: