SportsWrath

Osi Umenyiora

Lughead

Trade him to the Rams to swap picks, or for a second and fifth rounder.

Spags will do it.

I read that some people say they should trade him for Kerry Rhodes

If I were going to trade to the Jets it would be For Darrelle Revis

Fuck him, Kiwi did better this year anyways. I dont want an ego fuck player on this team when were in the middle of trying to bring our D back to being something great, he should just be happy he was allowed to rotate in on third downs with the shitty season he had this year.

Trade him to the Raiders for a 2nd and 5th.

I read that some people say they should trade him for Kerry Rhodes

If I were going to trade to the Jets it would be For Darrelle Revis

The Jets would have to be on crack to trade Revis. Guy is a stud.

Kerry Rhodes had a poor year and was particularly bad in coverage.

And then he explains that Sheridan was not the reason for his poor season....so Osi what the fuck is the reason then if not your knee or Sheri....then could it be you miss Strahan and a healthy Tuck, Robbins and Cofield ...all guys who could and do play the run so you can rush (past) the QB. :blink::confused::rolleyes:

i was initially going to come in and just say that im not worried about this yet, id like to keep osi and i think he will be fine.

but...

With the way he played in 2009, I'd trade him for Dusty Rhodes.

im fuckin dyin over here.

rhodes_dusty.jpg

i was initially going to come in and just say that im not worried about this yet, id like to keep osi and i think he will be fine.

but...

im fuckin dyin over here.

rhodes_dusty.jpg

I knew you'd catch that.

And then he explains that Sheridan was not the reason for his poor season....so Osi what the fuck is the reason then if not your knee or Sheri....then could it be you miss Strahan and a healthy Tuck, Robbins and Cofield ...all guys who could and do play the run so you can rush (past) the QB. :blink::confused::rolleyes:

Osi and Kiwanuka at ends and Tuck in the middle. Problem solved.

Even a gimpy, limited, semi-starting Osi was still sack leader this season. Some of you are being unnecessarily harsh on the man.

You're probably right.

However, I'm reading between the lines, and this is looking more like a pissing contest.

According to the story, Osi didn't have a problem with Sheridan.......so, I'm taking a wild guess at who he's blaming, and I'm getting Tiki Barber flashbacks right now.

I want Osi back, healthy, starting, and happy.

But, if he's going to be a grumbling jerk, then trade his ass and get something in return before his contract expires in 2011.

Even a gimpy, limited, semi-starting Osi was still sack leader this season. Some of you are being unnecessarily harsh on the man.

Ok I'll give you that he has more sacks this season but at the same time he's pretty much going against the team saying this. The Giants D is coming off one of it's worst years since Lewis was behind the helm and everyone on the D is accountable. Osi played like absolute shit infact the entire D did, so no one and I mean not even the mighty Osi "I run past the QB" Umenyiora should feel like he deserves anything next season. If anything he should be saying he needs to prove he should be out on the field as a starter instead of demanding a spot. The fact that he comes right out there and states that he would rather leave the team then not be a starter. I mean sure you could say "Oh well it just means he's going to be playing that much better for his spot" but ever since he was benched for Kiwi, he's done nothing but bitch and moan about being on the bench.

Listen all I'm saying is that after the way the entire D preformed last season no one should be demanding to be a starter, they should have to go out there and prove it.

I hope he stays and returns to form

but I'd hope we get a good LBer for him if we have to let him go

again Coughlin is the issue not the players

he could motivate a rabbit in heat

then he chose a new DC without going outside the 4 walls and the new guy had less motivation ability than the old guy himself

then he told his handpicked disciple Sheridan that he could not coach from the booth...after the worlds slowest MLBer chimmed in

then the worlds worst DC got in a pissing contest with Osi

the whole thing was a cluster fk

In my opinion, Osi just wasn't motivated last year. The main reason for this is money. Osi is seeing what Julius Peppers, DeMarcus Ware, Albert Hayneswoth, Jared Allen and co are getting as he wants his pay day too. But Osi knows that isn't going to happen with the Giants, particularly after his (and the entire defenses) poor performance. I also thought there would be lingering issues beneath the surface between Osi and the front office with his antics last year. It seems to me now that Osi wants out.

Reese is saying he wants him, but that may be to maximize his trade value (much like what happened with Shockey). Osi's demand seems to be a sign of what will happen, he wants to be guaranteed to be the starter and is threatening to retire. Well there is no way he is going to be simply handed a starting gig after how he and the rest of the team performed. Osi is going to have to earn it like almost everyone else (although he certainly is the front runner). That is just how Coughlin and the Giants do football.

Frankly considering the pathetic performance of our defense that is how it should be, particularly when you have someone like Kiwanuka in competition. Kiwanuka may not be in the same class as Osi as an edge rusher, but he puts in 100% and doesn't quit; plus he isn't afraid to mix it up in the trenches. I believe Osi should have confidence that he can work hard in the offseason and beat out Kiwanuka, instead he makes demands to start with the threat of retirement.

I think this is rapidly heading towards the point of no return. I think Osi will be traded. I don't see Coughlin, Reese or Fewell as the kind of people that will tolerate players holding them to ransom. Also it is well known the Giants do their business quietly behind the scenes, not in public the way Osi has.

I wouldn't be surprised if Osi's attitude combined with his (and the Dline's) close frienship with Wauffle were major contributing factors to our poor performance up front.

I can easily see 3-4 teams like New England, San Diego, San Fransisco, Miami, Cleveland, Kansas City, Denver, NY Jets and Arizona

plus 4-3 teams like St Louis, Indianapolis, Tennessee and Jacksonville all being very interested in Osi

All of these need a legitimate pass rusher and with the limited number of free agents, Osi will be in demand. I would be surprised if Osi is still on the roster after the draft.

All that remains to be seen is what we can get in return. I imagine something around a 2nd and 5th seems right. But there could also be player for player trades in the mix, particularly with all the restricted free agents this year.