SportsWrath

Cowher shoots down Giants talk

Mr. P

Maybe Bill Cowher really is waiting for the Giants head coaching job to open up before he returns to the NFL. But if he is, you can be sure that Jerome Bettis doesn’t know it.

That’s what Cowher indicated in an interview with the Daily News yesterday, when he was asked about his former running back’s claim that he’s “holding out” until he can become the head coach of the Giants. Cowher didn’t specifically deny that, but he certainly hinted as much when he said Bettis wouldn’t have any idea if that was true because the two haven’t spoken in ages.

“I haven’t talked to Jerome Bettis in two years,” Cowher said. “I’ll leave it at that.”

Asked if if he knew of any reason Bettis might have for saying something like that, Cowher stuck by his one and only statement, saying “I think that answers your question.”

Maybe so, but Bettis, the former Steelers running back, sure did sound convinced last week when he said on SiriusXM radio that the 52-year-old Cowher has “got his eyes” on the Giants.

“That’s the team that he really coveted,” Bettis said. “This is where he always wanted to be. The Mara family, he’s been very close to them. … He’s known them very well and was on the inside track — before the Giants won the Super Bowl — for that job. And I think he’s holding out for that opportunity if it presents itself.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/giants/2010/01/-maybe-bill-cowher-really.html

to be fair to jerome though, cowher also "shot down" his statement that bill would retire...

and then he retired.

so let me get this straight

You expected Cowher to come right out and plead for Coughlins head and job?

LOL That's ludicrous :rolleyes:

Coughlin has decended to the worst HC in the NFC East.....I''d have to say Phillips is even better at this point

at least Phillips does not grate on people

We will descend in an ever tightening death spiral til we shed Ol Tom I'm afraid.....I dont think this Perry whatshisface will turn the tide

Coughlin has decended to the worst HC in the NFC East.....I''d have to say Phillips is even better at this point

We will descend in an ever tightening death spiral til we shed Ol Tom I'm afraid.....I dont think this Perry whatshisface will turn the tide

The Redskins fire their head coaches nearly every season, how can you even say that? And Andy Reid has got to be one of the worst head coaches IN THE LEAGUE.

i expected?

whered you get that from?

i simply posted an article, assclown.

i expected?

whered you get that from?

i simply posted an article, assclown.

sorry i meant you as in "they" not you personally

cowher is being coy here

id hire him in a ny mionute but the giants always wait til the ceiling caves in before acting on anything

thy are never proactive managmentally

sorry i meant you as in "they" not you personally

cowher is being coy here

id hire him in a ny mionute but the giants always wait til the ceiling caves in before acting on anything

thy are never proactive managmentally

Coughlin is the worst HC in the NFC East?? Out of the four current HC's, (before Shanahan)........which coach has won a SB recently Or at all for that matter?

Coughlin is the worst HC in the NFC East?? Out of the four current HC's, (before Shanahan)........which coach has won a SB recently Or at all for that matter?

spags was the biggest reason we went to and won the SB

Coughlin was along for the ride then and hes gotten more senile since

Umm how about

Andy Re....... Ummmm No

Wade Phi........ Umm No

Shanhan Has (But not Since Elway Retired which has been 10 years at this Point)

Tom Coughlin Hey Yeah he has only a couple of years ago... To bad he is considered the Worst Coach in the NFC East by people in the know :rolleyes: