SportsWrath

Is there Fire in the Fewell

Lughead

LINK and read the comments

With Perry Fewell in as defensive coordinator, you have to wonder which of the remaining New York Giants defensive assistants will be out.

You would have to think there will be a couple more changes in the coaching staff on that side of the ball. Let's look at who is left.

Jim Herrmann (LB) -- My pick is most likely to be the first remaining assistant let go. Herrmann, I believe, was brought in by the deposed Bill Sheridan. Last season was his first, and likely last, with the Giants. Kirk Olivadoitti, anyone?

Peter Guinta (CB/Secondary) -- Does Giunta even want to stay? The former St. Louis Rams defensive coordinator has been passed over for that job twice now by Tom Coughlin. He has been with the Giants for four seasons now, and is highly-regarded for his work with corner backs. I would say it's 50-50 on whether he stays or goes.

Dave Merritt (Safeties) -- Has, I think, the best shot at staying. Most of what I read and hear about Merritt is the Giants think he is an excellent coach who has been given crappy players to work with. He probably has the best chance of staying.

Al Holcomb (Defensive Quality Control) -- Can somebody please explain to me what a 'defensive quality control coach' does? And do we care if Holcomb stays or goes. Fewell probably puts an up-and-coming young coach he likes in this spot.

as for LB coach why not grab Banks or Pepper?

Kinda curious who he will pick as DL coach some say he DL coach he had in Buffalo would be a good fit

Bills DL coach Bob Sanders

Buffalo’s defensive linemen right away saw the value of Sanders’ coaching during the spring practices as there was a major focus on technique work. His biggest point of emphasis was developing and sharpening counter moves on the pass rush to help his players put more consistent pressure on opposing passers.

“We watched every sack in the NFL over the past two years this offseason and 90 percent of the sacks in the league are off counter moves,” said Kyle williams “So it’s really helped us to stay busy and taught us how to counter off an initial move.”

Nothing like an article asking us about guys we never heard of.... can we talk draft now?

Guys we never heard of are they guys telling the Players How they should play and how to run schemes this is important.

You wanna talk draft start a Nas draft thread then. hurry up and do it so I can Hijack it :rolleyes:

Guys we never heard of are they guys telling the Players How they should play and how to run schemes this is important.

You wanna talk draft start a Nas draft thread then. hurry up and do it so I can Hijack it :rolleyes:

I guess what I meant to say is how can any of us have any input about guys we know nothing about but their names?

I guess what I meant to say is how can any of us have any input about guys we know nothing about but their names?

search? I mean this is the era of the intra web right?

Did you even read about Sanders?

too bad we don't have a coach tracker that was a efficient as the Domino Pizza tracker

search? I mean this is the era of the intra web right?

Did you even read about Sanders?

too bad we don't have a coach tracker that was a efficient as the Domino Pizza tracker

Harsh, dude..............funny, but harsh.

I haven't, but that doesn't mean a hill of beans.

I read threads like Lug's and JGF's so I can gain information. Information I didn't know prior to reading the thread.

JGF I can agree, but LUG????? :smartass:

oh and pdoub posts more info than anyone.