SportsWrath

Sources: Carolina Panthers grant coach John Fox chance to opt out of 2010

Mr. P

There's a reason Panthers coach John Fox continues to be connected to head coach openings.

Last month, the Panthers took the highly unusual step of giving Fox the right to void the last year on his contract, according to two NFL sources.

Of course, the only way Fox would do it were if he had a job and contract waiting that made it worth leaving Carolina.

Washington didn't provide it, Cleveland never opened, Buffalo still is searching for a new head coach and Fox appears unwilling to go there, and Seattle is destined to hire Pete Carroll.

Should another attractive opening fail to materialize this offseason, Fox could wait a year, coach out his contract, and become a free agent next year.

Some people around the league have suggested that, in time, with the support Fox enjoys in New York, he could be a potential successor for Giants coach Tom Coughlin.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4813290&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines

but like many of us have said he is likely to find a head coaching job, not become our DC

I'm sure we're all thinking the same thing: get Foxy to be our DC and promise him the HC job when TC retires, which may be as soon as next year or the year after. Unlikely but I can dream, can't I?

If Fox is available now

WE NEED TO MOVE NOW :ranting2:

A Reese /Fox combination would be hands down the best GM HC combination in the NFL rivaled only by Miami's management team

Ernie Accorsi openly admitted on WFAN in 2001 that the Giants wanted to move Fassel out and promote Fox after the SB 2000 but the fact Fassel made it to the SB prevented it

The only thing in the way now is a geriatric HC about to retire anyway

With Dave Brown as the back up, and you guessed it Jesse Palmer breaks his leg and enters Dave Brow :angry:

i was gonna make a joke about putting kent graham as the 3rd qb, but i think he was better than fuckin dave brown.

i was gonna make a joke about putting kent graham as the 3rd qb, but i think he was better than fuckin dave brown.

Dude, Kent Graham threw that TD Pass to our beloved Amani Toomer to end Denver's undefeated season. For that he will always be good in my book. Dave Brown on the other hand used threw passes backwards as he was getting sacked... passes that were completed.... to the wrong team :smartass:

he will find another headcoaching job

with who? I'm just stunned how the Giants couldn't land anyone. How the fuck is Washington landing everyone.. they move with a purpose and... and come to think of it, I don't blame Romeo for going to KC.. he stated Coughlin's long work hours (which almost never translate to better results but more to the contrary) is one of his reasons for going to KC instead. Who the fuck wants to work in a sweat shop.

with who? I'm just stunned how the Giants couldn't land anyone. ow the fuck is Washington landing everyone. they move with a purpose and... and come to think of it, I don't blame Romeo for going to KC.. he stated Coughlin's long work hours (which almost never translate to better results but more to the contrary) is one of his reasons for going to KC instead. Who the fuck wants to work in a sweat shop.

I think Romeo was heading to KC no matter what, I mean the minuet he was "back from vacation" he was in KC chalking up a deal. You cant tell me that Piloi there was talking to Romeo non-stop about him coming in and running the D. Hell I'm willing to bet the Giants did make Romeo an offer but he was hell bent on going to KC with all his former NE boys. I highly doubt work hours had anything to do with it, Romeo wanted to go to KC from the start and nothing was going to change his mind. He's a fat slob that wanted to go to a team with low expectations so he could have a mediocre season or two without taken any blame, which in my mind proves the guy isnt a winner. I'm glad we didnt land him in all honesty.

Washington is just being Washington as always, the offseason champions. When the season starts all these new coaches(who in my opinion are fairly overrated) arnt going to make them any better. Shanny was nothing without an HoF QB, a Pro-bowl RB and one of the better O-line units to play in the league, not to mention Haslett isnt much of a coordinator.

I'm still thinking we land Jauron or Dick Pepper.

I think Romeo was heading to KC no matter what, I mean the minuet he was "back from vacation" he was in KC chalking up a deal. You cant tell me that Piloi there was talking to Romeo non-stop about him coming in and running the D. Hell I'm willing to bet the Giants did make Romeo an offer but he was hell bent on going to KC with all his former NE boys. I highly doubt work hours had anything to do with it, Romeo wanted to go to KC from the start and nothing was going to change his mind. He's a fat slob that wanted to go to a team with low expectations so he could have a mediocre season or two without taken any blame, which in my mind proves the guy isnt a winner. I'm glad we didnt land him in all honesty.

Washington is just being Washington as always, the offseason champions. When the season starts all these new coaches(who in my opinion are fairly overrated) arnt going to make them any better. Shanny was nothing without an HoF QB, a Pro-bowl RB and one of the better O-line units to play in the league, not to mention Haslett isnt much of a coordinator.

I'm still thinking we land Jauron or Dick Pepper.

I'm not disagreeing with you but I'm tired of our FO not being aggressive. We have a team ready to win now... if it wasn't for fuckin Sheridan, we would be talking about our next game... im just pissed.