SportsWrath

Is Osi finished as a Giant?

JMFP

Will Osi be with the team for the 2010 Season?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Reese will trade him?

• Yes....the rebuilding won't include him.
    • No....he is too valuable to the team to trade.

I say it's up to the new DC. I'm sure Sheridan was the first coordinator who told Osi he needs to work on his pass rushing skills and the new one we get is more then likely going to do the same. If Osi decides to man up and let the new coordinator help him and improve his style then so be it let him stay and improve but if he turns into a little bitch again and walks out on the team then send him packing for a 3rd and 4th.

Help me with the "rebuilding" thing. :confused: This defense isnt that different, when healthy, than the SB one. And only 2 years removed. Why because we folded midseason this yr, are we in a rebuilding mode? Its not that drastic people.

Help me with the "rebuilding" thing. :confused: This defense isnt that different, when healthy, than the SB one. And only 2 years removed. Why because we folded midseason this yr, are we in a rebuilding mode? Its not that drastic people.

because the linebacking core is extremely suspect, the secondary was exposed for what they are (the same level as 2 years ago when three of the QBs they faced in the playoffs (romo, favre and brady) all said they had receivers running free all over, but no time to get the ball to them) and a d-line that is oft injured and not playing together. combine that with the fact that they played a powder puff schedule and had they played a real schedule could have easily been 3-13, and suddenly you see a need for rebuilding...

the good news for giant fans from the dog's perspective is that in this day and age, rebuilding can happen quickly and effectively....

because the linebacking core is extremely suspect, the secondary was exposed for what they are (the same level as 2 years ago when three of the QBs they faced in the playoffs (romo, favre and brady) all said they had receivers running free all over, but no time to get the ball to them) and a d-line that is oft injured and not playing together. combine that with the fact that they played a powder puff schedule and had they played a real schedule could have easily been 3-13, and suddenly you see a need for rebuilding...

the good news for giant fans from the dog's perspective is that in this day and age, rebuilding can happen quickly and effectively....

I have to agree. Calling our linebacking core "extremely suspect" is nearly a kindness. And effective as our dline can be, it tends to break down by the end of the season, due to injury, leaving the linebackers in particular exposed.

I suppose it's the nature of the beast--the lines take the brunt of the impact on every play. But relying on it to the degree we do with the guys we have remains worrisome to me: the only players to remain relatively injury-free since 2006 are Cofield and Kiwi, and even those guys have spent time under a scalpel or in a cast. Tuck was IR'd in 2006, played injured in 2008 and this year. Osi was out most of 2006 and IR'd last year, and apparently didn't come all the way back this year. Robbins played with knee damage last year and two broken hands last year, and is a shade of what he was this year. I'm not blaming the players for getting injured, but maybe a change in approach is in order. Certainly, being so heavily dependent on the dline to the detriment of the other defensive squads should be reviewed.

The only thing I take some issue is that I feel that our cornerbacks on a whole are fine. The safties are a different issue entirely, but I didn't have many problems with Webster and Thomas in the backfield this year.

And yet, Favre still managed to throw to the white and blue players to lose the game. Twice.