SportsWrath

Holy Shit! Somebody's pissed...

fishgutmartyr

Blue Screen Twitter

John Mara just stood up and said what someone needed to say: "(I'm) probably as disappointed as I’ve ever been in my life at this team."#nyg

More Mara: "I’m sure I’ll cool down at some point, but obviously I’m not very happy right now. And they know that."

More Mara: "When you have that many games where you get blown out, there's something wrong, and it means that something has got to be done."

Mara said Tom Coughlin and Jerry Reese are both safe. But will he insist on other coaching changes ... like at defensive coordinator? ...

"The status quo is not acceptable on any level. We need to do something. And I will be expecting them to give me their recommendations ...

... on what they want to do, and we will approve it or not approve it." #nyg

You guys that might be thinking that nothing is going to happen are apparently mistaken.

Awesome,

I approve of the Way John Mara Handled it. After the season is concluded. I also agree with him that Coughlin Should be safe. Other than that. All bets are off

Agreed....Coughlin is safe, but he and Reese deserve some serious criticism for this season.

Good to see that the son is alot like Wellington in that respect.

I'm expecting Romeo Crennel to replace Sheridan. I wouldn't be surprised to see Gilbride go, too.

What's interesting to me is that he made those comments after Coughlin, who had said that coaching changes were up to him. In other words, if he tries to keep (I assume) Sheridan, he better be prepared to go up against the owner. The leash is on.

Agreed....Coughlin is safe, but he and Reese deserve some serious criticism for this season.

Good to see that the son is alot like Wellington in that respect.

I'm expecting Romeo Crennel to replace Sheridan. I wouldn't be surprised to see Gilbride go, too.

I'd be surprised to see Gilbride go, but the whole defensive staff other than Waufle, and the Special Teams coach shouldn't be buying NJ real estate. I know if I were jettisoning Sheridan, I'd dump Giunta as well--that backfield played like shit this year, and considering that Giunta also went for the DC position, that's a little too coincidental. They might want to find a conditioning coach that can prep a hamstring prior to practices/games as well.

Then again, if they feel a better OC is out there, then go for it.

I'd be surprised to see Gilbride go, but the whole defensive staff other than Waufle, and the Special Teams coach shouldn't be buying NJ real estate. I know if I were jettisoning Sheridan, I'd dump Giunta as well--that backfield played like shit this year, and considering that Giunta also went for the DC position, that's a little too coincidental. They might want to find a conditioning coach that can prep a hamstring prior to practices/games as well.

Whenever I dump on Gilbride, the offense goes on a tear. I suppose my critificism of him has been refined to this: the offense is too up-and-down. I can't for the life of me explain how the Giants offense can torch Dallas and the Eagles and then get thumped by the Panthers and Vikings.

I wouldn't be surprised either way with what happens with Gilbride. Eli's performance over this season could save his job....the WR corps was supposed to be the weakest link, and instead, it was the strongest unit on the team.

Still though, the soft defense and spotty running game is kicking Mara in his genes right now....other than Coughlin, I don't think any assistant should be feeling too good about their job security.

Giunta has nothing to show to defend his job....and frankly, as much as I like Waufle, the guy didn't get it done this season.

It's pretty clear that Reese and Coughlin are getting a mulligan for 2007.....but it's also clear that the Championship bloom is off the rose.

I'm hoping that Reese takes this as a signal to find a fucking linebacker.....not just another special teams body.

And my guess is that Coughlin's "kindly Grandfather" approach is out the window next season.

But more than anything else, I really, really, hope that the Giants find a defensive coordinator with some experience. Not to be a broken record, but look at what Dom Capers accomplished in Green Bay - that's what the Giants need.

I really don't see Mara accepting another rookie DC.... if anything, this increases the odds of Romeo Crennel coming back to the Giants.

More to follow this week, depending on HC vacancies.

Whenever I dump on Gilbride, the offense goes on a tear. I suppose my critificism of him has been refined to this: the offense is too up-and-down. I can't for the life of me explain how the Giants offense can torch Dallas and the Eagles and then get thumped by the Panthers and Vikings.

I wouldn't be surprised either way with what happens with Gilbride. Eli's performance over this season could save his job....the WR corps was supposed to be the weakest link, and instead, it was the strongest unit on the team.

Still though, the soft defense and spotty running game is kicking Mara in his genes right now....other than Coughlin, I don't think any assistant should be feeling too good about their job security.

You don't need to explain--if they think they can find a better OC available, they should grab him. I don't think there will be, but they aren't paying me to look either. ;)

It's pretty clear that Reese and Coughlin are getting a mulligan for 2007.....but it's also clear that the Championship bloom is off the rose.

I'm hoping that Reese takes this as a signal to find a fucking linebacker.

And my guess is that Coughlin's "kindly Grandfather" approach is out the window next season.

You and me, both, brother. If this season taught this team anything, it should be that they need good linebacking to compensate for losses on the line. Even the 70's teams did a decent job stopping the run. These guys couldn't compensate for losses on the line or the backfield.

I'd be surprised too. The O played well enough but the D threw so many games away that I am sure the O just quit trying. Having to play almost every game as a shoot out has to be demoralizing. With the young guys on O I would say they over achieved this year. Also Tiki should be the conditioning coach, that guy was a tank or maybe just get everybody to run up that mountain.

I'd be surprised too. The O played well enough but the D threw so many games away that I am sure the O just quit trying. Having to play almost every game as a shoot out has to be demoralizing. With the young guys on O I would say they over achieved this year. Also Tiki should be the conditioning coach, that guy was a tank or maybe just get everybody to run up that mountain.

I love the idea of Tiki as a conditioning coach. He had a completely sick training regimen.

Tiki had a big mouth, but there is no doubt he put 110% into his job. If the Giants had more guys with his dedication to excellence, we'd be talking playoffs right now.

I love the idea of Tiki as a conditioning coach. He had a completely sick training regimen.

Tiki had a big mouth, but there is no doubt he put 110% into his job. If the Giants had more guys with his dedication to excellence, we'd be talking playoffs right now.

It's amazing how it comes around. Tiki took so much shit for opening his mouith, but he was telling the truth at the time. Think about this, Tiki hinted that Eli wasn't a leader and in truth Mara is hinting at it also in this interview.

I love this interview, he hit everything on the head.

It's amazing how it comes around. Tiki took so much shit for opening his mouith, but he was telling the truth at the time. Think about this, Tiki hinted that Eli wasn't a leader and in truth Mara is hinting at it also in this interview.

I think Mara has issued a challenge to guys like Eli and Tuck that someone needs to take charge of the team from a leadership position.

In fairness to Eli, he was one of the few bright spots this season, and in fact, he was the one that took a bunch of young guys and molded them into one of the most promising wide receiver units in the NFL. That was pretty much all him.

I think Mara wants Eli to take what he did with his receivers and apply it to the entire offense - he wants him to become like Phil Simms from a leadership standpoint. I think Eli will take that queue and step up as a leader in 2010.

Tuck will be that guy on the defensive side as well.

Just because it's the truth, it doesn't mean it has to go public. Eli's response to Tiki was right on when questioned his leadership when he annoucned his retirement in midseason. Eli is not one who yell and screams.. it's a different personality. And you don't become a leader in your first or 2nd year in the league.. respect in that locker room has to earned first.. which is why Hakeem Nicks isn't asked to be a leader.

Look I love Tiki as a football player.. for what he did on the field. But having a diarrhea in the mouth and throwing his own teammates under the bus is always uncalled for.

Just because it's the truth, it doesn't mean it has to go public. Eli's response to Tiki was right on when questioned his leadership when he annoucned his retirement in midseason. Eli is not one who yell and screams.. it's a different personality. And you don't become a leader in your first or 2nd year in the league.. respect in that locker room has to earned first.. which is why Hakeem Nicks isn't asked to be a leader.

Look I love Tiki as a football player.. for what he did on the field. But having a diarrhea in the mouth and throwing his own teammates under the bus is always uncalled for.

He threw his teamates under the bus Nas?

Nas, most of the time Tiki was the bus and those guys rode on it.

He threw his teamates under the bus Nas?

Nas, most of the time Tiki was the bus and those guys rode on it.

Oh come on his teammates played just as much a part of his success as he played in theirs.