SportsWrath

2010 NFL Draft Order

Mr. P

The first 20 spots are locked in, but the remaining slots can still change depending on the playoff results. Team record and strength of schedule (SOS) are in parentheses.

1) St. Louis (1-15, .520)

2) Detroit (2-14, .523)

3) Tampa Bay (3-13, .555)

4) Washington (4-12, .492)

5) Kansas City (4-12, .516)

6) Seattle (5-11, .477)

7) Cleveland (5-11, .512)

8) Oakland (5-11, .527)

9) Buffalo (6-10, .516)

10-11) Chicago (7-9, .496)

10-11) Jacksonville (7-9, .496)

12) Miami (7-9, .559)

13) San Francisco (8-8, .477)

14) Denver (8-8, .527)

15) NY Giants (8-8, .535)

16-17) Tennessee (8-8, .539)

16-17) Carolina (8-8, .539)

18) Pittsburgh (9-7, .488)

19-20) Atlanta (9-7, .504)

19-20) Houston (9-7, .504)

Subject to Change:

21) New York Jets (9-7, .516)

22) Baltimore (9-7, .523)

23) Arizona (10-6, .445)

24) Cincinnati (10-6, .492)

25) New England (10-6, .516)

26) Green Bay (11-5, .441)

27) Philadelphia (11-5, .484)

28) Dallas (11-5, .488)

29) Minnesota (12-4, .441)

30) San Diego (13-3, .453)

31) New Orleans (13-3, .426) [super Bowl Loser]

32) Indianapolis (14-2, .473) [super Bowl Winner]

The three tied teams will be decided by coin flip prior to the draft because all three involve teams from two different conferences.

Tiebreaking Procedures

The draft tiebreakers are as follows:

1) Super Bowl Winner picks 32nd

2) Super Bowl Loser picks 31st

3) Teams are ranked in inverse order of their record. Ties count as a half win and half loss.

4) A playoff team always picks after a non-playoff team with the same regular season record. If two playoff teams have the same regular season record, but one was eliminated in an earlier round, that team picks first.

5) Ties are then broken using strength of schedule (average of all 16 opponent's winning percentage, divisionmates count twice since they were played twice. Or count the wins of all opponents, same result). Weaker schedule picks earlier.

6) If SOS fails to break the tie, and the teams are in the same division, apply the division playoff tiebreakers (except the "loser" picks higher).

7) If SOS fails to break the tie, the teams are not in the same division, but the teams are in the same conference, apply the conference playoff tiebreakers (except the "loser" picks higher).

8) If the teams are still tied, or are in different conferences, a coin toss decides the order. If three teams are tied such that the tie can be broken as to two teams, but not between any of those two and a third team, the "loser" of the two-team tie flips against the other team first. A scenario where all three teams are stone tied is nearly impossible since there are only two conferences and intraconference tiebreakers go very deep before a coin flip.

2009 NFL Strength of Schedule After Regular Season

1) Miami (.559)

2) Tampa Bay (.555)

3) Carolina (.539)

3) Tennessee (.539)

5) NY Giants (.535)

6) Denver (.527)

6) Oakland (.527)

8) Baltimore (.523)

8) Detroit (.523)

10) St. Louis (.520)

11) NY Jets (.516)

11) Kansas City (.516)

11) Buffalo (.516)

11) New England (.516)

15) Cleveland (.512)

16) Houston (.504)

16) Atlanta (.504)

18) Chicago (.496)

18) Jacksonville (.496)

20) Cincinnati (.492)

20) Washington (.492)

22) Dallas (.488)

22) Pittsburgh (.488)

24) Philadelphia (.484)

25) San Francisco (.477)

25) Seattle (.477)

27) Indianapolis (.473)

28) San Diego (.453)

29) Arizona (.445)

30) Green Bay (.441)

30) Minnesota (.441)

32) New Orleans (.426)

http://www.east-coast-bias.com/2010/01/2010-nfl-draft-order-after-regular.html

Giants with the 15th can get a impact player

I'd say less so; they've been mediocre for a while and no one expected them to have gotten the better end of the Culter-Orton trade.

Expectations may have been lower but going 6-0 and then losing to terrible teams is probably worse. The Giants had to play a brutal schedule after the 5-0 start with most of those teams now in the playoffs. Denver played Kansas City with the playoffs on the line and crashed and burned. Losing to Carolina, a good team with a bad record, isn't as bad as Kansas City. Also McDaniels is a terrible coach who just got lucky at the beginning of the year. Your playoffs are on life support and you sit Marshall and Scheffler. Not only that but you question the toughness of your star WR that you already have a rocky relationship with? This guy should've been in the movie How to Lose Friends & Alienate People.

Expectations may have been lower but going 6-0 and then losing to terrible teams is probably worse. The Giants had to play a brutal schedule after the 5-0 start with most of those teams now in the playoffs. Denver played Kansas City with the playoffs on the line and crashed and burned. Losing to Carolina, a good team with a bad record, isn't as bad as Kansas City. Also McDaniels is a terrible coach who just got lucky at the beginning of the year. Your playoffs are on life support and you sit Marshall and Scheffler. Not only that but you question the toughness of your star WR that you already have a rocky relationship with? This guy should've been in the movie How to Lose Friends & Alienate People.

or "I don't care if I win or lose as long as i build my tough guy image"

I am hoping for Brandon Spikes with our pick we should be able to find a safety like Nick Collins in Free agency. I have Eric Berry going first overall that Rams secondary stinks and they are losing the oft injured Otogwe who's their best defensive player I think Spags would love Berry has his qb of the defense,so probably no chance there I was high on Taylor Mays but not so sure now

or "I don't care if I win or lose as long as i build my tough guy image"

No shit, if I was the Broncos owner I'd be seriously considering firing him already. The Broncos may have overachieved but this guy has train wreck written all over him. He is making Colonel Coughlin look like a cuddly teddy bear.

I am hoping for Brandon Spikes with our pick we should be able to find a safety like Nick Collins in Free agency. I have Eric Berry going first overall that Rams secondary stinks and they are losing the oft injured Otogwe who's their best defensive player I think Spags would love Berry has his qb of the defense,so probably no chance there I was high on Taylor Mays but not so sure now

Thats true, we'd have to give up the farm for that #1 spot. But damn it would be great to have him.

Guest StrahansGap

I would trade the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd picks to move up and grab Spikes. He's a true playmaker. The kid is LEGIT!!!

denver imploded as much as the giants did.

I think it's kinda lame that they draft ahead of us even though they own the head to head over us....is that because of a .08 better strength of schedule?