SportsWrath

Defensive end Osi Umenyiora questions role, future with NY Giants

Mr. P

Pierce just isn't very good. A complete and utter liability to the defense. Regardless of how much of a leader he is. He could do that from the sidelines for all I care...a la Charles Way. It wasn't like the defense experienced a huge drop off once he was gone for the season.

Umenyiora can't stop the run and whines when he's not on the field. That's bullshit.

He has one pass rush move and can't come in and dominate a game like Michael Strahan or Justin Tuck can. Keep Kiwanuka in and I guarantee you're going to see a much better all around player.

Again, there's a reason why Tuck got the contract and not Umenyiora.

Yet Kiwanuka has only 3 sacks and he has played significantly this year. The idea that just because Tuck is a better player than Umenyiora that this means Umenyiora is garbage is utter nonsense. Umenyiora is a premier pass rusher. He didn't forget how to rush the passer, and nobody was alleging that he had only one move when he was racking up 13 and 14.5 sack seasons. I personally have seen him go inside and hit the QB THIS YEAR so I know that the claim that he only has one move is bullshit. He would also not look quite as bad against the run if we had a halfway decent linebacking crew.

The argument that Kiwi is a better player than Umenyiora cannot be substantiated with anything to date. Why anyone would want to completely give up on either player is beyond me. Personally, I'd rather see all three of them on the field in the front four much more often. And while Umenyiora did not have a great season stopping the run, he is not a complete liability there, either.

OSI IS NOT THE PROBLEM. If anyone thinks that a magical remedy to this team involves getting rid of Osi Umenyiora, then I am very happy that they are not the GM or in any decision-making capacity in the Giants front office.

You can count on one hand how many dominating defensive ends there are out there like Strahan was or like Tuck is... in the NFL. There are not that many of them. But Osi is still a dynamic player that will be part of the solution when this is all said and done.

Osi's the guy that said he might have played his last game as a Giant, What kind of shit is that?

For me, as someone else said, he's a one trick pony. He should be contrite and say " i've got to get better" instead of feeling sorry for himself and blaming others.

Right now, he's a sack artist with a good swipe move. The amount of runs to his side that went for long yardage was deplorable.

If he wants to go, let him go.

Yet Kiwanuka has only 3 sacks and he has played significantly this year. The idea that just because Tuck is a better player than Umenyiora that this means Umenyiora is garbage is utter nonsense. Umenyiora is a premier pass rusher. He didn't forget how to rush the passer, and nobody was alleging that he had only one move when he was racking up 13 and 14.5 sack seasons. I personally have seen him go inside and hit the QB THIS YEAR so I know that the claim that he only has one move is bullshit. He would also not look quite as bad against the run if we had a halfway decent linebacking crew.

The argument that Kiwi is a better player than Umenyiora cannot be substantiated with anything to date. Why anyone would want to completely give up on either player is beyond me. Personally, I'd rather see all three of them on the field in the front four much more often. And while Umenyiora did not have a great season stopping the run, he is not a complete liability there, either.

OSI IS NOT THE PROBLEM. If anyone thinks that a magical remedy to this team involves getting rid of Osi Umenyiora, then I am very happy that they are not the GM or in any decision-making capacity in the Giants front office.

You can count on one hand how many dominating defensive ends there are out there like Strahan was or like Tuck is... in the NFL. There are not that many of them. But Osi is still a dynamic player that will be part of the solution when this is all said and done.

I didn't say that. I'm basing the fact that Umenyiora has been garbage on the fact that, um, he's played like garbage. His sacks came in garbage time against garbage teams (or against rookies like Winston Justice), dude. He doesn't show up to play against good teams and gets manhandled by any offensive lineman that's more physical and the slightest bit athletic. He's undersized and is a one trick pony. And like I said, I have said this for a LONG, LONG time. Along with a lot of people...or are you just not reading the posts that people have said that he owes his entire NFL career to Michael Strahan consistently getting double teamed for years.

I didn't say Osi was the problem and I don't think anyone is saying that, but the fact is, he's not a defensive leader he needs to be and he's becoming a problem in the locker room, regardless of how he saw Sheridan's vision of his contribution to the team. He isn't being paid to think about anything other than what he's supposed to be doing ON THE FIELD.

And Kiwanuka STARTED only after Umenyiora got his ass demoted for sucking in run support and giving up.

Osi's the guy that said he might have played his last game as a Giant, What kind of shit is that?

For me, as someone else said, he's a one trick pony. He should be contrite and say " i've got to get better" instead of feeling sorry for himself and blaming others.

Right now, he's a sack artist with a good swipe move. The amount of runs to his side that went for long yardage was deplorable.

If he wants to go, let him go.

I would feel the same way if I was him... they used him as a scape-goat... they benched him. And it's true that might've played his last game as a Giant... if Sheridan comes back.

I would feel the same way if I was him... they used him as a scape-goat... they benched him. And it's true that might've played his last game as a Giant... if Sheridan comes back.

How was he a scape goat? It was apparent teams were focusing their run games at him and he couldn't do anything about it but rush upfield ten yards passed the QB leaving gaping holes to run through, and other than yesterday's debacle, our run defense DID improve.

I didn't say that. I'm basing the fact that Umenyiora has been garbage on the fact that, um, he's played like garbage. His sacks came in garbage time against garbage teams (or against rookies like Winston Justice), dude. He doesn't show up to play against good teams and gets manhandled by any offensive lineman that's more physical and the slightest bit athletic. He's undersized and is a one trick pony. And like I said, I have said this for a LONG, LONG time. Along with a lot of people...or are you just not reading the posts that people have said that he owes his entire NFL career to Michael Strahan consistently getting double teamed for years.

I didn't say Osi was the problem and I don't think anyone is saying that, but the fact is, he's not a defensive leader he needs to be and he's becoming a problem in the locker room, regardless of how he saw Sheridan's vision of his contribution to the team. He isn't being paid to think about anything other than what he's supposed to be doing ON THE FIELD.

And Kiwanuka STARTED only after Umenyiora got his ass demoted for sucking in run support and giving up.

for me right now, kiwi and osi are interchangeable. keep one and let the other one go.