SportsWrath

Giants Vs. Carolina

Balloonknot

*This* bad?!? I think this is the worst I've seen them play this year, with the exception of the New Orleans game...and Carolina isn't exactly New Orleans.

Got to love a team that brings their best when it matters most. :05-mafia:

You didn't watch the Philly and Denver games, then. It's the same mistakes we make week after week. Drops, terrible blitzes, penalties left and right, no offensive push, Jacobs stumbling around like a big dope, and a squishy defense with no pass rush. Oh, and silly turnovers and pathetic special teams play.

I wish I could find out what the average starting field position of our opponents is compared to ours because I bet there's a difference of like 10-15 yards.

The games we play well in have been against the really poor teams and Dallas...which, at this point I'm attributing those wins to wanting to beat their NFC East rivals.

I would put Denver and Carolina on the same level...and Carolina really isn't as bad as their record. Half those games they haven't had a good QB....aside from that they have one of the best rushing attacks in the league, a very good defense, and now, a QB that can make plays.

You didn't watch the Philly and Denver games, then. It's the same mistakes we make week after week. Drops, terrible blitzes, penalties left and right, no offensive push, Jacobs stumbling around like a big dope, and a squishy defense with no pass rush. Oh, and silly turnovers and pathetic special teams play.

I wish I could find out what the average starting field position of our opponents is compared to ours because I bet there's a difference of like 10-15 yards.

The games we play well in have been against the really poor teams and Dallas...which, at this point I'm attributing those wins to wanting to beat their NFC East rivals.

I would put Denver and Carolina on the same level...and Carolina really isn't as bad as their record. Half those games they haven't had a good QB....aside from that they have one of the best rushing attacks in the league, a very good defense, and now, a QB that can make plays.

Ah, I forgot the Denver game...I did see it, I guess I blocked it from my memory. That was easily as bad. The last Eagles game was at least minimally contested.

It seems that way with the way the calls have gone...bullshit hold on Hedgecock...bullshit pass interference by a ref 20 yards off of the play with his colleague right there not saying shit....bullshit no hold call on the interception where Smith got raped....they can have 12 men on the field with the ball being snapped and they let them have the time out...I just hate it...we suck and the refs are piling on.

Hedgecock slammed him to the turf in a choke slam...that is gonna get called every time.

Ah, I forgot the Denver game...I did see it, I guess I blocked it from my memory. That was easily as bad. The last Eagles game was at least minimally contested.

Yah, but stupid mistakes still caused us to lose...the first match was a complete own by the Eagles though....

Hedgecock slammed him to the turf in a choke slam...that is gonna get called every time.

I have seen some pretty obvious holding calls not called....its a matter of perspective I guess. But if that is what he did then holding should have been called.

I don't get how this team can be so inconsistent. The Panthers aren't this much better than the Redskins.

Its just some teams the Giants don't match up well with recently ....Panthers (forget about last years come from behind we still had a defense and were playing against Delhomme at his worst), Vikings, Eagles.

Didn't look that way from here, but my feed sucks so what do I know. But I do hate when a guy makes a great block, his guy goes to the ground, and it gets called as a 'hold'.

Well, it just took the lowly Panthers 2 minutes to completely put this game away. Where's the desperation, the sense of urgency?

Didn't look that way from here, but my feed sucks so what do I know. But I do hate when a guy makes a great block, his guy goes to the ground, and it gets called as a 'hold'.

Well, it just took the lowly Panthers 2 minutes to completely put this game away. Where's the desperation, the sense of urgency?

I saw it as a good block...no worse a hold than the 20 million that happens on every offensive play these days....we should just go back to the days when a blocker could not extend his hands...just uptempo the rest of the fucking game you scrubs. Just heave it...no misdirection or fooling right now.

Its just some teams the Giants don't match up well with recently ....Panthers (forget about last years come from behind we still had a defense and were playing against Delhomme at his worst), Vikings, Eagles.

Its just weird how they can destroy the scrub teams in a championship-calibur ass-whipping, as top pro teams would do on their best days to the worst teams, but then when their opponent can hold their own...they lay down. I don't get it...this team is missing something pure, elemental. I'm not usually one to buy into that rah-rah bullshit, but its like there's no leadership, no character, wearing the uniform.

Its just weird how they can destroy the scrub teams in a championship-calibur ass-whipping, as top pro teams would do on their best days to the worst teams, but then when their opponent can hold their own...they lay down. I don't get it...this team is missing something pure, elemental. I'm not usually one to buy into that rah-rah bullshit, but its like there's no leadership, no character, wearing the uniform.

It seems that Strahan was that guy.....the Giants were still running on inertia after he retired. Just as we saw with the whole Plax situation...Strahan would have gotten them to get their collective thumbs out of their asses. Strahan was a leader...not rah rah but genuine. That is why when he and Tiki went at it years ago....Tiki was out in the cold in the locker room and everyone else rallied around Strahan. Plus he was an automatic double team. Like Blunatic wrote a few weeks ago...the Giants D Line...no the fucking front office should be making his alimony payments to his ex wife forever.

The Manningham fumble killed us... I don't know how much "hope" I can have at this point... Are we to expect Dallas to lose... twice? and us beating the vikings? and for what really?

For the "honor" of being embarrassed in the playoffs. For such a storied franchise we have had far too many embarrassing moments/games....

Lets see, 28 point lead, a handoff to one of the slowest, most least effective offensive players in the league...and it goes for an 18 yard gain.

This is seriously, seriously embarrassing. Sheridan must go. I've defended him, I've rationalized the defense's failings, but there's just no excuse for giving up an 18 yard run to Brad Hoover.