SportsWrath

NFL to allow Super Bowl Bid

Lubeck

The outrage wasn't at Joe Horn but rather the fact that the Giants players sat there and did nothing about it. He didn't ridicule us fans, he ridiculed the players and they took it up the ass.

I don't see the issue with guys celebrating (Ochocinco did the poncho on the sidelines Storm). You want to stop them celebrating, then stop them scoring. No point in the Giants defense chipping away at Desean Jackson after he humiliated them, just next time the ball is thrown to him, be close enough to him to lay his ass out with a hit.

I wanted the secondary to punish him for every catch he made or did not.

But...no one gets in Chad Johnson or TO's face either....

I just think that it's a penalty because it doesn't belong in football (or any organized sports other than Professional Wrestling)...not because the NFL doesn't like to have "fun"....

All league's allow celebrations and it's just another NFL hypocrisy of the many, many that it has. The NFL is no more serious than WWE. They are both for entertainment and the only difference is that McMahon understands this and tries to play up the entertainment aspect. Celebrations bring attention to the NFL and brings in more fans, that's why they are always shown on highlight shows even on the NFL network. The majority of fans enjoy the show put into the celebrations. Hell the NFL used to promote it a lot in the 80s when they needed the ratings and the NFL's popularity really started to explode because of it, hell they made a Superbowl shuffle special and VHS. I have no idea what has happened to the NFL but it progressively getting worse and worse year by year. Cutting back hits, hand cuffing the D, fining/penalizing for any interesting celebration, only comfy boring SBs (and they want a more traditional NFL :jerkoff: ) and protecting QBs to the point where hits will be disallowed soon enough.

All league's allow celebrations and it's just another NFL hypocrisy of the many, many that it has. The NFL is no more serious than WWE. They are both for entertainment and the only difference is that McMahon understands this and tries to play up the entertainment aspect. Celebrations bring attention to the NFL and brings in more fans, that's why they are always shown on highlight shows even on the NFL network. The majority of fans enjoy the show put into the celebrations. Hell the NFL used to promote it a lot in the 80s when they needed the ratings and the NFL's popularity really started to explode because of it, hell they made a Superbowl shuffle special and VHS. I have no idea what has happened to the NFL but it progressively getting worse and worse year by year. Cutting back hits, hand cuffing the D, fining/penalizing for any interesting celebration, only comfy boring SBs (and they want a more traditional NFL :jerkoff: ) and protecting QBs to the point where hits will be disallowed soon enough.

LOL, this is probably the least intelligent thing I've ever read.

Only in soccer do they allow excessive celebrations that could even compare to the NFL...and the players often get carded if they go overboard anyway.

I've yet to see anything other than high fives and chest bumps in the MLB, NBA, and NHL.

They protect QBs because QBs constantly get head injuries. That's not a stupid rule at all. It's the execution of that rule. Your gripe is with officials, not the NFL.

I am so glad you don't have anything to do with how the NFL runs.