SportsWrath

Why all the down faces?

Allstarjim

This game reminds me of the Patriots game in week 17 of the 2007 regular season. We lost that game, too, but we showed that we could beat them.

The Eagles have beat us 4 times in a row. But last night we showed we can beat them. This team showed a lot last night. Again they were tough against the run, particularly the first 3 quarters, and although the Eagles had long drives against us, we put some long drives on them as well, and numerous big plays. They won because of two costly turnovers by our offense, a breakdown on special teams by Hixon (not maintaining his lane), and numerous drops. If we win the turnover battle next time and Eli passes as effectively as he did last night... we can beat this team.

Can't you guys see how close we were? If Boley makes that catch on defense and returns it for a touchdown, and if we convert that Goff INT into a touchdown rather than fumble it ourselves.... we could've won that game... and that is with spotting them 14 points and allowing a special teams touchdown.

The Giants, for the most part, outplayed the Eagles last night. There were a few missed opportunities, a couple of bad play calls that killed us, but to me, the Giants are back.

We can beat this team. We get a little better on defense, and the offense plays like this, with Jacobs and Bradshaw running like they are running now, this team can make a run in the playoffs. We need to forget this game, go beat the crap out of the Redskins, beat the Panthers at home, and hope that the Vikings sit everyone week 17, which I think they will! We can easily go 10-6, get into the playoffs (because you know Dallas is going to lose next week to the Saints and probably the Eagles in week17), and who knows what can happen. We might play this team again or the Cardinals in their place, and either team in week 1 of the playoffs, I think we can beat them! Heads up guys, this season is not over, the Giants have turned the corner... they are not the same team today as they were that went through that terrible losing streak!

I'm with you, Jim. Last night's game was pretty exciting.... both fan bases went on an emotional roller coaster with some many Oh Fuck.. and YEAAAA lol. I won't repeat what you said here as I agree with all of it but I will add that Philly's last drive looked like when Bret Favre and has packers beat us with quick short passes. Overall great game... I think the one play that took the air out of us was Eli fumbling.

It was a heart breaking loss, but there are definnitly some things we can walk away feeling good about. Nicks, even though he screwed up, is really stepping up. I dont think we have ever seen offensive production from the Giants like we saw last night. I hate to be a coulda, woulda, kinda guy, but your right. If Eli didnt fummble that ball, or if we just got on top of the ball when Osi stripped it from Mcnabb, then its a whole different ball game. Even though we lost, we got our money's worth last night. If we can win 2 outta the next 3, then we should make the wild card. If the offense plays like it did last night, then anything can happen.

I hear you. Between the turnovers, Nicks' drops, Smith not staying inbounds and the Giants not picking up fumbles, that game was ours for the taking. We just didn't take it. We can hang with anyone in the league if we play right.

Don't you mean Manningham?

As stated previously the TD pass sailed on Eli leaving Manningham with little room... if he stays in bounds he doesn't catch the ball... We need Toomer to tutor him though.

I hear you. Between the turnovers, Nicks' drops, Smith not staying inbounds and the Giants not picking up fumbles, that game was ours for the taking. We just didn't take it. We can hang with anyone in the league if we play right.

NIcks is still a rookie. He is going to be a force in the coming years. He can get behind ANY secondary, he just needs to focus more on catching before running, which he will.

As stated previously the TD pass sailed on Eli leaving Manningham with little room... if he stays in bounds he doesn't catch the ball... We need Toomer to tutor him though.

it's the route he runs that necessitates where the throw goes. if toomer was willing and able, he'd be a good one for the job.

The Saints couldn't do it and neither will the Giants. You have to have a D that can keep the score manageable or else you will never win many games. The Saints had one of the best Os in the league last year and couldn't make the playoffs. Unless this D somehow finds it's way the playoffs will be gone or short. Also relying on a Dallas collapse is no way to make the playoffs.

Yep, my mistake.

The Saints couldn't do it and neither will the Giants. You have to have a D that can keep the score manageable or else you will never win many games. The Saints had one of the best Os in the league last year and couldn't make the playoffs. Unless this D somehow finds it's way the playoffs will be gone or short. Also relying on a Dallas collapse is no way to make the playoffs.

Very true, overall the defense is the issue. But with all else equal, the Giants make a couple of those plays and its a W.

it's the route he runs that necessitates where the throw goes. if toomer was willing and able, he'd be a good one for the job.

Not only that but rout choice on that play ummmm the second Out of bounds NON TD catch (Colinsworthless noted this and the ran the replay.) All Manningham had to do was read the safety blitz and run a post and it was an easy six the whole center of the feild was open.

Next year Smith , Nicks 1&2 Manningham will be the 3rd WR

Nicks Drops were redeemed my nicks in the same series with an Eli to Nicks TD

Manningham needs a little more side line presents and we may of won the game. he had 2 td's nulified I believe.

Jacobs fumble for TD sucked should not of happened Notice ye went over to the bench and had his rubber sleeves cut off after that.

If we had any resemblance of a secondary. :huh:

and we were pinning D. Jackson on the side line but he torched us made a lot of Giants look like they were running Knee deep in mud

Not only that but rout choice on that play ummmm the second Out of bounds NON TD catch (Colinsworthless noted this and the ran the replay.) All Manningham had to do was read the safety blitz and run a post and it was an easy six the whole center of the feild was open.

thats actually already the case.

nicks started over manningham vs philly.

I don't think that's Collinsworth was alluding to. Collinsworth criticized Manningham for not selling the fake long enough to get the defender to bite. It would mean Manningham would have had more space to catch the ball. In Manningham's defense, this is a sign of how quick he is... he's too quick for his own good. He's a kid... give him tie to grow.. and watch. Watch him, Smith, and Nicks be a trio like no other.

Im not too down on this team yet. But I have this sinking feeling that Dallas will win against the Saints - the Saints have been pretty miraculously lucky and Dallas are playing for their lives! I think Dallas wins that game. Lets see, we need to just win out and whether Minnesota is resting players or not, we need to beat them soundly for momentum going into the playoffs - if we make it.

WHY OH WHY DIDNT WE PICK UP THAT MCNABB FUMBLE??? FUCK!

Im not too down on this team yet. But I have this sinking feeling that Dallas will win against the Saints - the Saints have been pretty miraculously lucky and Dallas are playing for their lives! I think Dallas wins that game. Lets see, we need to just win out and whether Minnesota is resting players or not, we need to beat them soundly for momentum going into the playoffs - if we make it.

Because one of the refs signaled incomplete pass. I am not as frustrated with not picking up the fumble as I am with Boley getting two hands on it and having a clear path to paydirt and not making that play. That would have been huge. Boley has been our best defensive player, but we needed him to make that play and he just dropped it. It was really the story of the game, where the Giants would do everything right on a play only to come oh so close... see the Boss drop at the PHI 20 when Eli escaped pressure and threw a beautiful pass on the run down the middle of the field, the Manningham catch with the two out of bounds, having DeSean Jackson bottled up only to give him the sideline, Eli escaping pressure to run for a first down only to fumble it at the PHI 15. UGH.

But the Boley drop really hurt because they scored on that possession right before the half, making it 30-17. Had Boley made that play, we are probably going into the lockerroom with us up 24-23, and we came out on our first possession of the second half and scored.

Even though Nicks dropped a couple, you can see that he is going to be a star. He's already made a big impact as a rookie, and cracked the starting lineup. The guy is going to be a great player for us, and I doubt that those drops will be the norm. There were other plays where his big mitts were on display, like the sideline grab that was reviewed.

Also, if we go 10-6, I don't think that is backing in. If you win 10 games in the NFL, you deserve to be in the playoffs. Plus, Dallas is NOT going to win in New Orleans next week. They are probably going to be without DeMarcus Ware, but even with him, they weren't going to win.

To be fair it did look like an incomplete pass. Driving to work today all I could think about is all the what-ifs that could've easily won us the game. What if BJ didn't fumble on our first series... that's a 14 point turn around.. or at least they don't get free 7 points. If Eli didn't fumble the ball "sliding"... What if we didn't give up the quick TD soon after we took the lead. Make no mistake about it we outplayed philly... with about half of our defense on IR. I have never felt so good about a loss... maybe I'm getting older and wiser.. so long from the days I'd get physically sick and would have such a short temper my friends wouldn't even dare talk about the Giants after a loss... I rememebers years back when I stepped up to a friend who's 6 3" 234 lbs... to this day we still laugh about it...

Yep, a tough loss... mark at as one of 3 games this season we should have won. Now all I can say is we need to make the playoffs... which means I'd like to see philly again. Go Giants.

Question: Who's the young DT we lost for the season? I forgot his name? I was thinking about our D and what fixes we need and I don't think we're missing that many pieces... a stud safety and a stud MLB... not sure what else.

To be fair it did look like an incomplete pass. Driving to work today all I could think about is all the what-ifs that could've easily won us the game. What if BJ didn't fumble on our first series... that's a 14 point turn around.. or at least they don't get free 7 points. If Eli didn't fumble the ball "sliding"... What if we didn't give up the quick TD soon after we took the lead. Make no mistake about it we outplayed philly... with about half of our defense on IR. I have never felt so good about a loss... maybe I'm getting older and wiser.. so long from the days I'd get physically sick and would have such a short temper my friends wouldn't even dare talk about the Giants after a loss... I rememebers years back when I stepped up to a friend who's 6 3" 234 lbs... to this day we still laugh about it...

Yep, a tough loss... mark at as one of 3 games this season we should have won. Now all I can say is we need to make the playoffs... which means I'd like to see philly again. Go Giants.

Question: Who's the young DT we lost for the season? I forgot his name? I was thinking about our D and what fixes we need and I don't think we're missing that many pieces... a stud safety and a stud MLB... not sure what else.

shame on you for forgetting who jay alford is nas.

shame shame shame

tsk tsk

shame on you for forgetting who jay alford is nas.

shame shame shame

tsk tsk

Thanks Pdoub. I know I shouldn't forget his name as I remember that sack on Brady as if it was yesterday... but hey, I blame on my caffeine-free diet :)

For me the most disheartening play of the game was Sheldon Brown's fumble recovery for a touch down.

I missed the game but on TV it sure looked to me like O'Hara was the only dude on our Offense that was giving chase. Brown was waiving the ball around celebrating at the friggin' 35. We can't allow that shit if we want to be a good team.