SportsWrath

Beltran

gateb

I agree with him fully there. The Mets fans at Shea the last three days have just been flat out assholes to him and one swing of the bat and everything is forgiven? He is 115% right. The Mets fans there got what they deserved, a fake curtain call.

Oh, and I'm loving this Julio Franco signing now with what he's done tonight ;)

I agree with him fully there. The Mets fans at Shea the last three days have just been flat out assholes to him and one swing of the bat and everything is forgiven? He is 115% right. The Mets fans there got what they deserved, a fake curtain call.

Oh, and I'm loving this Julio Franco signing now with what he's done tonight ;)

Do you think he's pissed at the fans, or if you think he knew he didn't deserve it??

Do you think he's pissed at the fans, or if you think he knew he didn't deserve it??

Wouldn't you be, if you were only into 2 games and already got boooed a ton of times already? Atleast give him a chance but New Yorks fans are not very patient. Had a great game tonight. Maybe it will shut up most of the boo birds.

Wouldn't you be, if you were only into 2 games and already got boooed a ton of times already? Atleast give him a chance but New Yorks fans are not very patient. Had a great game tonight. Maybe it will shut up most of the boo birds.

lol, it was funny to see them praise him after that sweat ass home run

http://www.nj.com/printer/printer.ssf?/bas...3660.xml&coll=1

NEW YORK -- Carlos Beltran had to be pushed. He had to be pulled. He had to be prodded.

After being booed by Mets fans since he went hitless in his first two at-bats on Opening Day, the center fielder was more than a little reluc tant to come out for a curtain call after his two-run homer last night.

Carlos Delgado, who follows his friend in the Mets batting order, was well into his at-bat before Beltran -- at the prompting of teammate Julio Franco -- responded to the chants of "Car-los Bel-tran" and climbed a few steps up out of the dugout and waved.

Asked why it took him so long, Beltran said simply, "It happened that way."

Realizing that Beltran might be committing professional suicide if he ignored the fans in that situation, Franco said he kept telling Beltran to acknowledge the applause.

"I told him he owed it to the fans. 'Those are our fans,'" Franco said. "Just go out and wave at them. Embrace them."

Beltran, however, was clearly not happy with the fans' fair-weather na ture.

"I'm a friend that is a friend when you are doing well and also when you are doing bad," he explained. "That's the way I am. I'm not saying the New York fans are bad. They're good. But I do believe they can be better."

Dude, I totally agree with him. I couldn't believe Shea was booing him the first game of the season. Give the guy a chance. He had an adjustment year last season, and hopefully he will settle down into what he previously was. I also hope his relationship with NY has not been soured beyond repair, and he tries to jump ship the first chance he gets. Keith Hernandez was dead on last night when he said the fans need to support the players more, especially when they are having a bad streak.

http://www.nj.com/printer/printer.ssf?/bas...3660.xml&coll=1

NEW YORK -- Carlos Beltran had to be pushed. He had to be pulled. He had to be prodded.

After being booed by Mets fans since he went hitless in his first two at-bats on Opening Day, the center fielder was more than a little reluc tant to come out for a curtain call after his two-run homer last night.

Carlos Delgado, who follows his friend in the Mets batting order, was well into his at-bat before Beltran -- at the prompting of teammate Julio Franco -- responded to the chants of "Car-los Bel-tran" and climbed a few steps up out of the dugout and waved.

Asked why it took him so long, Beltran said simply, "It happened that way."

Realizing that Beltran might be committing professional suicide if he ignored the fans in that situation, Franco said he kept telling Beltran to acknowledge the applause.

"I told him he owed it to the fans. 'Those are our fans,'" Franco said. "Just go out and wave at them. Embrace them."

Beltran, however, was clearly not happy with the fans' fair-weather na ture.

"I'm a friend that is a friend when you are doing well and also when you are doing bad," he explained. "That's the way I am. I'm not saying the New York fans are bad. They're good. But I do believe they can be better."

I couldn't agree with him more... it's like booing Shockey or Manning for having a couple bad games... our fans are drunk assholes sometimes

A little bit of both, but I think he showed the fans that he's not going to switch over to their side so easily. They seriosuly need to act like home fans and lay off him.

A little bit of both, but I think he showed the fans that he's not going to switch over to their side so easily. They seriosuly need to act like home fans and lay off him.

Well we need to see if he can be consistent now

The Mets' fans do boo a llittle too quickly at times, but he earned most of those boos because of the let down he provided all of last year. He should have answered the call.

players that play hard despite injury deserve credit. Its not like Beltran lollygagged all year, ran half he was just a guy in 05 that had an off year. He also pulled a quad(yet lost no time), had a horrific collision(missed minimal time) yet continued to play and play hard. Thats why you do not boo him, you boo shit like Bobby Bonilla and Vince Coleman, guys who dog it, good fans do not boo a player that despite struggles continues to try and play hard.