SportsWrath

2 Things I Never Want To See Again

Lubeck

Yeah the blatant holds and arm pulls just simply piss me off....I wish we would go back to the original rules where the lineman could not extend his arms...once that happened it was an automatic hold....we are turning football into basketball....all offense with piss poor defense.

Honestly it is hard for me to watch the NFL right now. They let offensive linemen maul defensive linemen on every single play simply so that offenses have a chance to score.

Well its a common saying "Theres holding on every play" and people dont say it for shits and giggles.

I can count atleast two of the TDs that the Giants got today (Jacobs run and the Nicks play) when I was thinking "Oh shit we're getting a holding call" but none.

I dont think you can call holding every play or else you might as well just start the O at their own 1 yard line and just keep negating plays.

DO we Fire sheridan tonight or wait until the season is over.

I'm not going to try and defend Sheridan here, because I don't think he's done a good job this year. However, the Eagles have one of the best offenses in the entire NFL. If there defense was as good as it was 3 or 4 years ago, they would be my pick to go to the Super Bowl this year, even over the Saints.

DeSean Jackson is uncoverable. Celek is a very good TE, their O-line is good enough, and McCoy and Weaver are good backs. But McNabb's decision making and accuracy is tremendous. Throw in the fact that they can put in Vick and run the WildCat and no defense is going to really STOP the Eagles, you just hope they make more mistakes than you. Tonight, the Giants made more mistakes than the Eagles, and many of them came on the offensive side of the ball. They didn't even have Maclin for the vast majority of the game and that was a good thing for us because I think that kid is almost as dangerous as Jackson.

I'm not going to harp on the defense after this game. I thought they did a decent job considering the monumental task they had. It was a tough game, I thought there would be fireworks, and maybe if we didn't put ourselves in a 14-0 hole there might have been a different outcome. But there was a lot of positives in this game and I think the Giants, for most of this game, played their best game of the season. I truly believe that if they don't have those turnovers and don't allow that special teams' touchdown, they could've beaten any team in the NFL tonight, with the way they played. Jacobs and Bradshaw are truly back... and Eli showed that no matter how big the hole is, he will continue fighting to get us out of it. A masterful performance for Eli and once again it could've been better if not for the drops again.

Yeah the blatant holds and arm pulls just simply piss me off....I wish we would go back to the original rules where the lineman could not extend his arms...once that happened it was an automatic hold....we are turning football into basketball....all offense with piss poor defense.

I remember 5 years ago games were constantly stopped because of offensive holding. People were pissed because the games were held up and their teams offense wasn't scoring. Instead of trying to get Olinemen to play within the rules they have decided to ignore it.

DeSean Jackson is uncoverable....

when mcnabb has the time to watch him zig-zag across the field.

McNabb had plenty of time in the pocket.

Then again, so did Eli.

This game was decided by turnovers and mental errors...unfortunately, the Giants committed more.

I don't think anyone here needs to be reminded that our special teams suck as a well.

Well - we did manage to score 38 fucking points. Our Iron curtain D couldnt keep them to under it, thats all and 4 fucking fumbles cost us. I dont care if you outgain them 1000-10, when you have 4 fumbles lost and you are playing with a D that cant stop anything, its going to be very hard to win.

This game was decided by turnovers and mental errors...unfortunately, the Giants committed more.

bingo. the defense played like shit all day but the failure to fall on the ball after the late second quarter fumble was absolutely inexcusable.

The first thing they teach you in Pop Warner is to keep your head up when you hit. About 30 seconds later they move onto the whole "fall on the ball" thing. Seriously, I don't care whether it looked like a forward pass or not, if the ball comes out you fall on it. That was a 10 to 14 point swing right there.

I'm not going to try and defend Sheridan here, because I don't think he's done a good job this year. However, the Eagles have one of the best offenses in the entire NFL. If there defense was as good as it was 3 or 4 years ago, they would be my pick to go to the Super Bowl this year, even over the Saints.

DeSean Jackson is uncoverable. Celek is a very good TE, their O-line is good enough, and McCoy and Weaver are good backs. But McNabb's decision making and accuracy is tremendous. Throw in the fact that they can put in Vick and run the WildCat and no defense is going to really STOP the Eagles, you just hope they make more mistakes than you. Tonight, the Giants made more mistakes than the Eagles, and many of them came on the offensive side of the ball. They didn't even have Maclin for the vast majority of the game and that was a good thing for us because I think that kid is almost as dangerous as Jackson.

I'm not going to harp on the defense after this game. I thought they did a decent job considering the monumental task they had. It was a tough game, I thought there would be fireworks, and maybe if we didn't put ourselves in a 14-0 hole there might have been a different outcome. But there was a lot of positives in this game and I think the Giants, for most of this game, played their best game of the season. I truly believe that if they don't have those turnovers and don't allow that special teams' touchdown, they could've beaten any team in the NFL tonight, with the way they played. Jacobs and Bradshaw are truly back... and Eli showed that no matter how big the hole is, he will continue fighting to get us out of it. A masterful performance for Eli and once again it could've been better if not for the drops again.

Just because he was allowed to run uncovered through most of the game does not mean he is uncoverable. Sheridan's schemes either a) haven't gotten through to the players or b) are actually retarded. Either way his head will roll.

Just because he was allowed to run uncovered through most of the game does not mean he is uncoverable. Sheridan's schemes either a) haven't gotten through to the players or b) are actually retarded. Either way his head will roll.

There is no bump at the line which is the Lewis special. Poor Ross had no shot at covering a WR running full speed down the field (although he should have played the man more than the ball). With the injuries at safety I have no idea why Sheridan is ever playing zone. It should be man to man with Webster and Ross the 2 starting CBs. Then use Rouse, if using 2 safties, as deep help and Brown as TE/run help. Again a TE killed the D.

Honestly it is hard for me to watch the NFL right now. They let offensive linemen maul defensive linemen on every single play simply so that offenses have a chance to score.

The reffing was bad last night, and mainly in our favour. I don't think Bradshaw got in on his TD run before his knee was down (no review even though it was inside 2 min) and Rouse mauled Celek in the end zone. There were plenty of other non-calls in our favour too.

bingo. the defense played like shit all day but the failure to fall on the ball after the late second quarter fumble was absolutely inexcusable.

The first thing they teach you in Pop Warner is to keep your head up when you hit. About 30 seconds later they move onto the whole "fall on the ball" thing. Seriously, I don't care whether it looked like a forward pass or not, if the ball comes out you fall on it. That was a 10 to 14 point swing right there.

It was a 14 point swing... the thing was, a side judge was signaling incomplete. I just saw the play again and Sintim was looking like he wasn't sure what the call was, was walking towards the ball, and then looked at the side judge waving his hands incomplete, and walked away. The real negative on that play was that Boley didn't just catch it out of the air. If Boley catches that ball, he is going to score a TD. So it was a 14 point swing. This whole game was about missed opportunities. It's hard for me to criticize Boley too much, because he's our best LBer, but he's got to make that play, the ball hit him in the hands and it wasn't a terribly difficult catch. That was one of the most costliest missed opportunities of the game.

Then, on the Eagles first possession after the half, Goff gets an INT, and Eli fumbles it after running for a first down in the red zone. That was another HUGE missed opportunity. That's two plays there where if Boley catches the ball and scores, and Eli doesn't fumble and we turn that INT into points, we probably win this game, despite the Jacobs fumble and allowing a special teams TD.

Even after that fumble by Eli, though, the defense caused a 3 and out by Philadelphia, and we scored on the next possession (the long Hixon TD). We held a very short-lived lead because DeSean Jackson got behind our defense again.

After that TD by Jackson, the Giants failed to respond again. Eli got sacked to end a short possession. In a one score, high scoring game, you need to continue to move the ball and try and get points. But we stopped the Eagles again after that possession though, getting the ball back near the end of the 3rd. This possession continued into the 4th quarter, and this possession was another HUGE missed opportunity. We are down 37-31 here, and this is the possession where Boss makes the catch and the Eagles are flagged with a late hit penalty out of bounds on him. So we have the ball in Eagles territory, it's 2nd and 5, and Eli lays a beautiful pass over the middle that would've been about a 25 yard gain with the ball at the 20, and Boss couldn't haul it in. Another play where he gets both hands on the ball but just doesn't make the catch. Another huge missed opp. The subsequent play, Gilbride runs the ball on 3rd and 5, which I thought that running play there was the worst play-call of the game, and Bradshaw is stopped and we are punting. That possession was the second in a row that we don't score, and you can't beat this team by dropping catchable balls and wasting possessions by having stupid play-calling.

Following that possession, the Eagles started a drive on their 9 yard line with 13:04 left in the game, and marched it 91 yards, converted a 2 point conversion, and took over 7 minutes off the clock. That possession ended at 5:48, and that was the beginning of the end for the Giants. That basically put the Giants in a possession where they were playing for OT, needing 2 TD's in the final 5:48. A tall order even for Eli on one of his best nights.

Even after all that, we still would've had a fighting chance if Manningham gets both feet in at 2:28. We would've been down a score, could've kicked it deep, had the 2 minute warning and 2 timeouts in our pocket, with a chance to get the ball back with about 2 minutes left to try and take it to OT. I like Eli's chances there. Another missed opportunity.

Little things in this game... not making the makeable plays is what doomed us in this game. Some on defense, but a lot on offense, too.

The reffing was bad last night, and mainly in our favour. I don't think Bradshaw got in on his TD run before his knee was down (no review even though it was inside 2 min) and Rouse mauled Celek in the end zone. There were plenty of other non-calls in our favour too.

I just watched the Bradshaw replay in slo mo with my DVR. It was close, but it looks like he's in. The first replay NBC showed was the more conclusive one, and it really looked like he was in. Keep in mind that the replay official many times reviews the play without us knowing it. If he thinks it's close, he alerts the referee to stop play so he can review it. I'm sure the replay official would've stopped it if he thought that Bradshaw might not have gotten in. Even if it got overturned (which it wouldn't have) The Giants would have had 3rd and goal at the 1 foot line, maybe closer. With the push they were getting, they would've scored anyway.

Point taken on the Celek play, that was definitely a pass interference Rouse got away with. The Eagles got away with a couple too, though. There was a pretty clear block in the back on the Vick TD run that wasn't called.