SportsWrath

Besides the coaching staff...I think I know whats wrong with the Giants

MakeMeSomeFoodHo

Theyre just not that good. It seems the veterens have gotten really old almost overnight and the young guys, well, theyre playing like most young guys play...inconsistant and make mistakes.

my 2 cents

I think if we had better linebackers, our defense would look a lot better. If you want to see how a real linebacker plays, you should have seen the the 49er game yesterday. Patrick Willis took over that game. He's the best defender in the NFL, in my opinion.

Eventually, the Giants will remember that their last two #1 draft picks on linebackers were named Carl Banks and Lawrence Taylor.

The T = Taylor

and B = Banks

in TBCvP.....Carson and Van Pelt. Those four were the best in a group of greats. With honorable mention to Brian Kelly, Andy Headen, Byron Hunt and Jessie Armstead. :flex:

No love for Gary Reasons....:)

The NFL channel did a "top ten" list of great LB crews....Carson, Banks, LT and Reason finished 2nd to the outfit New Orleans had in the late 80's. That injustice was only overshadowed by when they did the piece on the Carson Crew....they didn't even mention #55...except in every clip they showed Harry, Carl and LT...., he was the always the other LB in the clip burying somebody or cashing the guy into one of them..

That hit on Humphries is a top 10 hit of all time.

We haven't had anything approaching that in a long, long time. ...and whoever said it is right..that is big problem.

C. Wagon

no love for pepper johnson? i always liked pepper johnson when i was a kid, maybe its because his name was pepper. but i thought he was good.

Pepper was good...he carried the torch.

I was a big Reasons fan, too....he was an unsung hero on that defense....smart, tough player.

The Giants line backers have been so bad for such a long time, sometimes I forget they even have line backers.......Im not even joking

You didn't get the memo.

The new Giants linebacker needs to play out of position and run like he's got a shit in his pants

The T = Taylor

and B = Banks

in TBCvP.....Carson and Van Pelt. Those four were the best in a group of greats. With honorable mention to Brian Kelly, Andy Headen, Byron Hunt and Jessie Armstead. :flex:

you know.... I always felt kinda priviledged knowing I was probably the only guy who knew what your handle stood for. :(

i thought everyone knew.

I did and I have mentioned for a few years that the Giants needed to go LBer #1. That the Giants have had these terrible LBs for so long is fucking ridiculous. Some posters like to pick on Peirce but he has no support since he got here (well maybe Mitchell). Why the Giants keep trying to get other teams castoff LBers in FA is also terrible.

TBCvP, on 30 November 2009 - 03:08 PM, said:

The T = Taylor

and B = Banks

in TBCvP.....Carson and Van Pelt. Those four were the best in a group of greats. With honorable mention to Brian Kelly, Andy Headen, Byron Hunt and Jessie Armstead.

you know.... I always felt kinda priviledged knowing I was probably the only guy who knew what your handle stood for. :(

sigh. I've always thought his name was about that Yogurt company.

No love for Gary Reasons....:)

The NFL channel did a "top ten" list of great LB crews....Carson, Banks, LT and Reason finished 2nd to the outfit New Orleans had in the late 80's. That injustice was only overshadowed by when they did the piece on the Carson Crew....they didn't even mention #55...except in every clip they showed Harry, Carl and LT...., he was the always the other LB in the clip burying somebody or cashing the guy into one of them..

That hit on Humphries is a top 10 hit of all time.

We haven't had anything approaching that in a long, long time. ...and whoever said it is right..that is big problem.

C. Wagon

Yeah Chuck....sorry to say I forgot about him and Pepper (kudos Joe)....just goes to show how many great LB's were there during the modern era of the Giants. Even the original Drunk Ass Beach Ball was good....his son is now our long snapper... :smartass:

no love for pepper johnson? i always liked pepper johnson when i was a kid, maybe its because his name was pepper. but i thought he was good.

Yes he was good bro....right now if we had him we would think we had a Hall of Famer playing in comparison to what we have now...no lie.

I thought it was some gang of black dudes with dreads... :smartass:

LOL!!! Laugh it up there....me and the rest of the Brothers were going to let you in on the train we had planned for that Jordanian Princess...now we are not even going to let you watch. :afro:

TBCvP, on 30 November 2009 - 03:08 PM, said:

The T = Taylor

and B = Banks

in TBCvP.....Carson and Van Pelt. Those four were the best in a group of greats. With honorable mention to Brian Kelly, Andy Headen, Byron Hunt and Jessie Armstead.

sigh. I've always thought his name was about that Yogurt company.

Yeah yeah Doc...lol!!! You just like to call me TCBY... :smartass:

Despite the awful play last week, and marginal play in prior weeks, I still think we're actually just a few plays away from 8-3. The Chargers game is a no-brainer, team played well most of the game, except the last 2 minutes. Arizona, if Corey Webster (I think) makes a tackle on third down, they don't go into score for the game winning drive. Not to mention numerous other mistakes, 3rd down penalties against the Eagles and Cards.

They played like complete shit against New Orleans, Denver and the Eagles. But the Cards and Chargers games could have easily been reversed by just a few plays though.

They just have to make it into the playoffs... worry about that first, then go on a run.

LBer at No.1?? Dont you know?? You can never have enough pass-rushers!!!

Do we have a 'pass-rusher'? If so, I havent seen one this year.

Tuck. He's probably the one guy I can say he puts his heart out there. And let's not forget he has an appt with flozell adams this sunday.

Tuck. He's probably the one guy I can say he puts his heart out there. And let's not forget he has an appt with flozell adams this sunday.

Yeah but Tuck at 60-70% thanks to that disgusting cheapshot by Adams is no where as effective as this team requires him to be. I hope we return the favour to that bum Adams this week!

I have this sudden feeling that we will beat Dallas. Definitely.