SportsWrath

So i was at the game

*SDMF*

People around me were cheering "FIRE Gillbride!!!" I have never been more proud to be a giants fan. By the way, that no call facemask was garbage. The refs almost bstole the game from us.

34 points and the O won the game. Apparently you were in the special section. :smartass:

yeah, the same offense that went 3nout when a first down wins the game. the same offense that gets lucky throwing the ball 29 yards down the feild on 3rd n 2.

I called that play to my buddy. "Watch this fuckwad is going to throw a 30 yard pass here... ha ha ha...... WTF he actually did!" If that ball was dropped Gil would be unemployed today....

I called that play to my buddy. "Watch this fuckwad is going to throw a 30 yard pass here... ha ha ha...... WTF he actually did!" If that ball was dropped Gil would be unemployed today....

hah

and if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle.

People around me were cheering "FIRE Gillbride!!!" I have never been more proud to be a giants fan. By the way, that no call facemask was garbage. The refs almost bstole the game from us.

It wasn't a facemask. The replay clear showed he had his shoulderpad, not his helmet.

hah

and if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle.

:clap:

Gotta love posters. Even when it works Gilbride still sucks. The guy will never win; don't be so predictable but don't throw on 3rd and 2, stop throwing so much but when 3 consecutive run plays stall there should have been a throw. :confused:

:clap:

Gotta love posters. Even when it works Gilbride still sucks. The guy will never win; don't be so predictable but don't throw on 3rd and 2, stop throwing so much but when 3 consecutive run plays stall there should have been a throw. :confused:

I am not saying a pass play is a bad call, what I am saying is throwing 30 yards when you need 2 is not going to end in your favor more often then not.

I am not saying a pass play is a bad call, what I am saying is throwing 30 yards when you need 2 is not going to end in your favor more often then not.

im assuming the play had other people running other routes, eli saw what he saw and chose to go with the deep route to manningham.

And how did that same exact situation work out in the Chargers Game?

my point is, its manning looking at the field and deciding to throw it to the deep route, its not gilbride with the ball in his hand.

now if you wanted to argue that it should have been a run instead of a pass then maybe we could. but im pretty sure most pass plays have more than one player running a route.

Speaking as someone who is a frequent Gilbride critic, he shut me up yesterday. A lot of it had to do with Manning, but whatever the case, the offense was clicking yesterday.

Honestly, if the Giants had lost, I would not have faulted Gilbride at all. The fact is, Eli Manning saved that game from being another heartbreaking defensive disaster.

When you're up 14 points late in the 4th quarter, the only way you lose if if the defense lets you down.

Speaking as someone who is a frequent Gilbride critic, he shut me up yesterday. A lot of it had to do with Manning, but whatever the case, the offense was clicking yesterday.

Honestly, if the Giants had lost, I would not have faulted Gilbride at all. The fact is, Eli Manning saved that game from being another heartbreaking defensive disaster.

When you're up 14 points late in the 4th quarter, the only way you lose if if the defense lets you down.

this has been the dog's point all along. it always comes down to execution of the plays called. this makes coaches look like geniuses sometimes, and inept others. manning makes decisions on the field. if he is on, they score and win. when he is off, they typically lose. it is not all on him, but a lot of the criticism thrown the OC's way comes down to how the plays are executed. yesterday he throws deep on 3rd and short and all is well. if they were more consistent in executing these plays in the past, nobody is getting on gilbride. inconsistent QB play has been a big part of the problem...gilbride is the easy scapegoat.

this has been the dog's point all along. it always comes down to execution of the plays called. this makes coaches look like geniuses sometimes, and inept others. manning makes decisions on the field. if he is on, they score and win. when he is off, they typically lose. it is not all on him, but a lot of the criticism thrown the OC's way comes down to how the plays are executed. yesterday he throws deep on 3rd and short and all is well. if they were more consistent in executing these plays in the past, nobody is getting on gilbride. inconsistent QB play has been a big part of the problem...gilbride is the easy scapegoat.

One of my criticisms of Gilbride is that there's a disconnect between the plays and game conditions (score, time, weather, etc).

Yesterday wasn't the case. Manning was clearly locked in, and the defense was sucking late-game ass, as usual. So, I'll give him credit were credit is due.....he dialed up an aggressive gameplan because the defense was clearly going to lose the game.

One of my criticisms of Gilbride is that there's a disconnect between the plays and game conditions (score, time, weather, etc).

Yesterday wasn't the case. Manning was clearly locked in, and the defense was sucking late-game ass, as usual. So, I'll give him credit were credit is due.....he dialed up an aggressive gameplan because the defense was clearly going to lose the game.

it surely helped that Atlanta's secondary and linebackers are worse than ours...

You guys are watching an offense bail-out a defense that gave up 31 pts at home and couldn't stop the opponent at all during the second half of the game and are chanting to fire the OC? :confused:

I think I'm going to stay out of this section for a while.

Agreed. Sometimes I wonder what game people were watching.. i know our problem yesterday was the D... the O was spectacular.

it surely helped that Atlanta's secondary and linebackers are worse than ours...

Good point.

I realize I'm looking a little far ahead, but after watching Eli, and then watching the Bears/Philly game, I'm thinking that the Eagles corners are in bad shape. Sheldon Brown in man coverage with his crappy hammy is something that will be exposed next time around.

Good point.

I realize I'm looking a little far ahead, but after watching Eli, and then watching the Bears/Philly game, I'm thinking that the Eagles corners are in bad shape. Sheldon Brown in man coverage with his crappy hammy is something that will be exposed next time around.

Not going to matter if the D plays as spectacular as the last meeting. Hell if the Giants D plays that badly the Eagles D can just wander around and it wouldn't matter.

Good point.

and I saw Asante Samules (sp) was biting hard on the slant plays so I say we should see some Slant and go plays from Manningham or Smith. get Samules to bite then cut back to to outside hashmarks and burn downfield

Not going to matter if the D plays as spectacular as the last meeting. Hell if the Giants D plays that badly the Eagles D can just wander around and it wouldn't matter.

I agree that the D needs to be straightened out in a hurry, starting on Thanksgiving.

But, I also think that the offense will need to keep humming to give the Giants a chance at the playoffs.....our special teams and defense simply can't be trusted to win games.