SportsWrath

Antonio Pierce

socalscholar

Even the fucking bye week can't go by without a damn injury. Not that AP was solid anyway but we just don't have his replacement groomed yet. I can see Blackburn in the Middle and Sintim and Boely on either side.

From Giants.com:

09_1120_58.jpg

EAST RUTHERFORD, NJ - Giants middle linebacker Antonio Pierce was diagnosed with a bulging disc in his neck this afternoon and will be sidelined indefinitely, according to the team's medical staff.

Pierce underwent an MRI today at the Hospital for Special Surgery in Manhattan and was examined by team physician Dr. Russell Warren and Dr. Frank Camissa, Chief of the Spinal Surgical Services at HSS.

Pierce originally suffered a burner in the Arizona game on October 25 and experienced very little discomfort until practice this week, at which point the team's medical staff scheduled this afternoon's MRI.

"I'm shocked with what I heard from the doctors this afternoon," said Pierce. "I had no idea that what happened a few weeks ago could keep me off the field. I didn't think it was that serious. I'm going to do everything the doctors tell me to do so I can get back out on the field as soon as possible."

Blackburn has ripped up every offense he has started against at MLBer

there have been 4-6 games over the years

you ninnies should be kissing your lucky stars

NOW we can make a run

Buldging DISK? I was more concerned with the buldging stomach LOL

Jack, no need to be a jackass.. we know AP has lost a step.. who the fuck doesn't? Right now I'm more concerned with the man's well being more than wins or losses. Secondly, Blackburn has shown to be solid at times and at this time we have no fucking choice anyway. He can only get better.. if u wanna look at the bright side. Right now Blackburn is a slight downgrade from AP simply because AP is slower. Now if I see Sintim and Boley on the filed with him, I'd be happy... and for those of you who shit on Danny Clark, the guy is a very solid back up and isn't exactly breaking the bank cap-wise.

Jack, no need to be a jackass.. we know AP has lost a step.. who the fuck doesn't? Right now I'm more concerned with the man's well being more than wins or losses. Secondly, Blackburn has shown to be solid at times and at this time we have no fucking choice anyway. He can only get better.. if u wanna look at the bright side. Right now Blackburn is a slight downgrade from AP simply because AP is slower. Now if I see Sintim and Boley on the filed with him, I'd be happy... and for those of you who shit on Danny Clark, the guy is a very solid back up and isn't exactly breaking the bank cap-wise.

I'm just being consistent

I've wanted Pierce gone for a long long time.........he should be in prison with his buddy in my opinion

I'm just being consistent

I've wanted Pierce gone for a long long time.........he should be in prison with his buddy in my opinion

No he shouldn't... he did what any friend would do.. and Plax shouldn't be in jail either but that's another topic. The point is, AP has what seems to be a serious injury... I wish him well.

No he shouldn't... he did what any friend would do.. and Plax shouldn't be in jail either but that's another topic. The point is, AP has what seems to be a serious injury... I wish him well.

I've had a buldging disk

It can be excized, he'll be fine

He will not play football anymore though......unless hes a bit nuts

my problem was not with him hiding the gun.....it was with him letting numbnuts walk into the club with a gun in his sweatpants waistband

which the bouncers found and allowed to enter........you cannot tell me the bouncers did not make a comment to both of them to ditch the gun.....Pierce had to know about it

The bouncers should have held the gun......had they done their job we'd still have spiderman out there

Pierce should have told the dummie to leave the gun in the car

Is he done for the year? Or is he game to game?

Nem, AP is on the decline.. and this kind of injury is not something to take lightly.. he's better off taking the money he's made playing in the NFL and move on to other things in life. AP has been very good for the Giants.. so was Amani Toomer.

I tend to disagree. No matter how you toss it, Pierce attempted to help a friend elude arrest. Call an ambo, have a bystander call an ambo...do something....don't drive the dude yourself, gun in tote, to the hospital yourself. The heart was there, the logic wasn't and IMO, he is very, very lucky he didn't get indicted himself.