SportsWrath

Bills might seek Giants OC???

TrashTalker92

You know I have never heard oh a team contacting and hiring a current OC from another team half way through the season.

Although it would be nice

next question

who would fill in for Garage....er I mean Gilbride I mean really take this team for a ride ,stomp on the gas pedal and get all the O horses firing and in time ?

Hell why not tom ?

You know I have never heard oh a team contacting and hiring a current OC from another team half way through the season.

Although it would be nice

next question

who would fill in for Garage....er I mean Gilbride I mean really take this team for a ride ,stomp on the gas pedal and get all the O horses firing and in time ?

Hell why not tom ?

You've never heard of it because it's against the rules.

Head Coaching Opportunities for Assistants

• In season (including Super Bowl if they are still playing; excluding Pro Bowl):

NO contact with an Assistant Coach under contract, no permission can even be

requested and no permission can be granted by the employer club.

o This applies to coaches sought for ANY future job, including Head Coach,

subject to the Post Season exception, below.

Gilly's gonna be here a while.

Gilly's gonna be here a while.

That's predicated on the outcome of this season. We win and he's the luckiest man alive becuase it's better to be lucky than good... we stink up the season and heads will roll in the coaching staff and Gilbride will be first to go... some players will be cut for good.. like Moss..

Shanahan would probably take the job. Can't possibly do worse. Would be kinda sad to see Gilbride go take the job, who'd be our scapegoat?

No way Shanahan goes to Buffalo. Unlike TO, Shanahan has other options, like Washington or, if they spit the bit come playoff time again, Dallas. People only go to Buffalo if they truly have nowhere else to go.

Sounds like the perfect spot for Gilbride!

Shanahan would probably take the job. Can't possibly do worse. Would be kinda sad to see Gilbride go take the job, who'd be our scapegoat?

excellent point...you know, the dog finds it funny. during his tenure the giants offense has consistently improved. they have won a super bowl. they have had one of the best and most consistent run games in recent years. they have a QB that is consistently inconsistent, but regardless they have been successful and worked around this. yet time and time again, everyone wants to pin the blame on him. and yet other organizations in recent years have included him on their list of potential hirings as a head coach. but of course, these professional organizations are completely misguided...(well, maybe in the case of the raiders, but....)...

As much as I want Killdrive to find new employment, I want Shanahan to take the Bills job.

The Cowboys will find some way to choke, and Wade Phillips is one of the biggest reasons why the Cowboys continue to stumble. He will be fired after Dallas once again fails to live up to Jerry Jones' hype.

Zorn is finished in DC....the only question is when that axe falls.

So, I'm praying that Shanahan takes the Bills job, because if not, he'll be coaching the Cowboys or the Redskins next year.....and Shanahan is among the top 5 NFL coaches out there, period.

Shanahan on the Cowboys would be my worst nightmare.

excellent point...you know, the dog finds it funny. during his tenure the giants offense has consistently improved. they have won a super bowl. they have had one of the best and most consistent run games in recent years. they have a QB that is consistently inconsistent, but regardless they have been successful and worked around this. yet time and time again, everyone wants to pin the blame on him. and yet other organizations in recent years have included him on their list of potential hirings as a head coach. but of course, these professional organizations are completely misguided...(well, maybe in the case of the raiders, but....)...

for once, the freaking dog has change my mind about Gillfart..... you could be right.. i guess as a fan we always look at what's negative first before anything else..

In your amazingly insightful look behind the numbers, you forgot the snail-like pace of getting the plays in resulting in 2-3 delay-of-game penalties per game and horrible clock management, and our pitiful red zone efficiency over his entire tenure (>45%) both of which cost us games. Saying our offense has "consistently improved" under Gilbride is laughable. In the last four games (all losses) we have seven quarters without any scoring at all.

Glad to see you're a fan of our running game when it suits your trolling though. Jackass.

In your amazingly insightful look behind the numbers, you forgot the snail-like pace of getting the plays in resulting in 2-3 delay-of-game penalties per game and horrible clock management, and our pitiful red zone efficiency over his entire tenure (>45%) both of which cost us games. Saying our offense has "consistently improved" under Gilbride is laughable. In the last four games (all losses) we have seven quarters without any scoring at all.

Glad to see you're a fan of our running game when it suits your trolling though. Jackass.

and the dog is sure you are on the sidelines to know that it takes that long to get the plays in...or is it possible it is taking the million dollar QB baby that long to read the defense and confirm or change a play at the line? pitiful red zone efficiency has to do with the fact that he has a 265 pound back that takes three shots to get a yard, yet everyone wants to say they are not creative in the redzone and everyone stacks up against jacobs and that is why he can't get out of his own way...then gilbride looks to be unpredictable in situations, and everyone says why are you throwing deep in short yardage situations - pound the ball with the 265 pound wonder...and you want to highlight the last 4 weeks b/c it suits you, and ignore the total body of work...ok, the dog thinks that is laughable...

and the dog is sure you are on the sidelines to know that it takes that long to get the plays in...or is it possible it is taking the million dollar QB baby that long to read the defense and confirm or change a play at the line? pitiful red zone efficiency has to do with the fact that he has a 265 pound back that takes three shots to get a yard, yet everyone wants to say they are not creative in the redzone and everyone stacks up against jacobs and that is why he can't get out of his own way...then gilbride looks to be unpredictable in situations, and everyone says why are you throwing deep in short yardage situations - pound the ball with the 265 pound wonder...and you want to highlight the last 4 weeks b/c it suits you, and ignore the total body of work...ok, the dog thinks that is laughable...

Tree doesn't need me to carry his water, but I feel compelled to jump in and make a couple of points.

It's not Eli Manning that scripts a power back like Jacobs to run like Tiki Barber (e.g., east-west, making cutbacks); this isn't simply my opinion, but something that the NYG running backs coach acknowledged just last week - "we've been running him on plays designed for Derrick Ward". Here's a tip for Killdrive - check the 2009 roster.

You mentioned that the Giants have won a Super Bowl, inferring it was inspite of our "inconsistent" QB. Yet you fail to mention that it was Eli Manning who probably saved our playoffs with that late 1st half drive against the Cowboys, and you also forget that it was Manning who tossed 2 TD passes against a Belichick defense that up to that point was 80-2 when holding a 4th Quarter lead.

During the 2007 run, on the most critical drives, Eli was unshackled from Killdrive's Ploddasaurus Playbook.

The kid can roll downfield when he gets the green light. I expect to see him get it more often down the stretch. If not, fire Gilbride if someone else doesn't hire him first.

Thanks for proving my point, Fido. You're as predictable as Gilbride.

Lot of exaggeration here, Tree. 2-3 delay of game flags per game? Yes we have too many of them, but let's not over-dramatize.

In the last 4 games we have 7 quarters without any scoring? That's really only significant if they are consecutive, which they weren't except for two quarters, if I remember correctly. During our win streak, we went 7 quarters without a TD. See what I mean?

According to NFL.com, we are 8th in the league in scoring points, averaging 25.8 pts a game. We're also 21st in giving up points, averaging 22.7 pts a game. So who gets the blame on this site? The guy running the squad ranked 8th in the league. And yet fucking again, he's been in the top 10 every year he's run the offense, so this is not the exception.

For the sake of full disclosure, the defense is ranked 1st in yards allowed, but that doesn't put points on the board. Nor, apparently, does it keep them off. Offense is 5th in yards gained. Again, yay.

Let's talk about efficiency. How about our opponent's efficiency on 3rd down? New Orleans on 3rd: 53%; 4th down: 50%. Arizona 3rd down: 21%. Philadelphia: 54%; and San Diego: 30%. Our opponents were able to convert 3rd down a rough average of 40% of the time in the last 4 games. Gee, fellas, don't you think that might be a problem?

I truly couldn't give a rat's ass if anybody likes Gilbride or not. But nobody is focusing on the big problem, which has been our defense. And that's been our weaker squad for some time now.

Lot of exaggeration here, Tree. 2-3 delay of game flags per game? Yes we have too many of them, but let's not over-dramatize.

In the last 4 games we have 7 quarters without any scoring? That's really only significant if they are consecutive, which they weren't except for two quarters, if I remember correctly. During our win streak, we went 7 quarters without a TD. See what I mean?

According to NFL.com, we are 8th in the league in scoring points, averaging 25.8 pts a game. We're also 21st in giving up points, averaging 22.7 pts a game. So who gets the blame on this site? The guy running the squad ranked 8th in the league. And yet fucking again, he's been in the top 10 every year he's run the offense, so this is not the exception.

For the sake of full disclosure, the defense is ranked 1st in yards allowed, but that doesn't put points on the board. Nor, apparently, does it keep them off. Offense is 5th in yards gained. Again, yay.

Let's talk about efficiency. How about our opponent's efficiency on 3rd down? New Orleans on 3rd: 53%; 4th down: 50%. Arizona 3rd down: 21%. Philadelphia: 54%; and San Diego: 30%. Our opponents were able to convert 3rd down a rough average of 40% of the time in the last 4 games. Gee, fellas, don't you think that might be a problem?

I truly couldn't give a rat's ass if anybody likes Gilbride or not. But nobody is focusing on the big problem, which has been our defense. And that's been our weaker squad for some time now.

I don't disagree with you about the defense Fish. About the delay-of-game penalties I do. How many times have we seen it called on us multiple times in a game? Lots. And I do think that spending nearly half the time played over four games without even getting a field goal is significant, especially when we win yardage, time of possession and turnovers but not scoring.

I certainly don't think Gilbride's the only issue holding the Giants back, just the current topic of conversation.

I don't disagree with you about the defense Fish. About the delay-of-game penalties I do. How many times have we seen it called on us multiple times in a game? Lots. And I do think that spending nearly half the time played over four games without even getting a field goal is significant, especially when we win yardage, time of possession and turnovers but not scoring.

I certainly don't think Gilbride's the only issue holding the Giants back, just the current topic of conversation.

For my part Gilbride is certainly not infallible. Yes, there are too many delay of games (I'm not sure if its plays getting to the QB, or Manning taking too long on his reads, however); it's boneheaded to treat Jacobs like he was Ward; and long balling on 3rd and 2 makes no sense unless you are planning on using two downs to get the first.

What drives me bonkers is the level of criticism on Gilbride even with the ridiculously poor defensive stats we've seen over the last few games. Two games where the opponent scored 40+ points, and we're concerned about red zone efficiency? Our offense looks worse than it is because our defense is making everybody look like the '99 Rams lately.

For my part Gilbride is certainly not infallible. Yes, there are too many delay of games (I'm not sure if its plays getting to the QB, or Manning taking too long on his reads, however); it's boneheaded to treat Jacobs like he was Ward; and long balling on 3rd and 2 makes no sense unless you are planning on using two downs to get the first.

What drives me bonkers is the level of criticism on Gilbride even with the ridiculously poor defensive stats we've seen over the last few games. Two games where the opponent scored 40+ points, and we're concerned about red zone efficiency? Our offense looks worse than it is because our defense is making everybody look like the '99 Rams lately.

Giants defense has always been susceptible to the big play. difference is, they were getting to the QB so it didn't matter so much.

Tree doesn't need me to carry his water, but I feel compelled to jump in and make a couple of points.

It's not Eli Manning that scripts a power back like Jacobs to run like Tiki Barber (e.g., east-west, making cutbacks); this isn't simply my opinion, but something that the NYG running backs coach acknowledged just last week - "we've been running him on plays designed for Derrick Ward". Here's a tip for Killdrive - check the 2009 roster.

You mentioned that the Giants have won a Super Bowl, inferring it was inspite of our "inconsistent" QB. Yet you fail to mention that it was Eli Manning who probably saved our playoffs with that late 1st half drive against the Cowboys, and you also forget that it was Manning who tossed 2 TD passes against a Belichick defense that up to that point was 80-2 when holding a 4th Quarter lead.

During the 2007 run, on the most critical drives, Eli was unshackled from Killdrive's Ploddasaurus Playbook.

The kid can roll downfield when he gets the green light. I expect to see him get it more often down the stretch. If not, fire Gilbride if someone else doesn't hire him first.

But the dog wonders, why the change? Last year Jacobs was running for chunks of yardage against the eagles in the playoffs via the counter game off tackle (east/west cutback by design). That was working. This year, not so much. And let's say for arguments sake that this is the case - and the OC is more preoccupied with forcing this than with winning...where is all the blame on the head coach? the rest of the staff? don't these great football minds plan together? now the RB coach decided to speak to the press to say this?

manning is historically inconsistent - we'll never get beyond that b/c the manning lovers will always rush to his defense. he is not a bad QB, just inconsistent. his play during the 2007 run in the playoffs was unprecendented for him as far as his ability to go consecutive weeks without a turnover, but overall in his career, his performance has been very up and down. despite that, this team has been effective offensively. yet you want to hand over credit to manning despite the OC...that is inconsistent.

everyone wants to blame someone when things are going south. he is just the easy target...but maybe they can fire him and hire all of those effective OC from other teams that have consistently finished behind the giants offensively...

People love to bash Gilbride when in effect all he does is incorporate the Tom Coughlin philosophy on offense. Power run game/deep pass game. Read Coughlins book its all in there about his principles of offense. He did this in JAX and has done it here. Although I am not enamored of Gilbride the man is not an awful coordinator. Would I like more runs on 2nd and 2 and 3rd and 2? Yeah sure I would. Would I like more short passes to take what the defense gives instead of long developing downfield plays? Yeah definitely, its just not what this coach stresses in his ideas of offense, proof is in the history going back to 1995 in Jax.

I think more balance in the passing game would be a better arguement by people as opposed to simply saying "we need to run more". More 3 step drops to set up the run to allow that play action passing deep that TC loves might be the better gripe.

We could do a lot worse here than Gilbride, but really whomever is the OC is just simply incorprating the TC philosophies of offense. I can say this Gilbrides done it much better than Hufnagel ever did.

I think it's Eli. I don't pay 110% to how much time he has once they huddle but he usually has 15+ seconds and then Eli starts looking around, audibling and next thing you know it's 5 seconds with Omaha (Peyton uses Carolina) hut. I don't recall that they are rushing to huddle very often because it's less than 10 seconds and they still aren't lined up. Hell if Gilbride is so slow to make calls why isn't Eli frantically motioning to Gilbride to hurry up? To be honest I think that Tiki is right and Eli is not much of a leader. It's great to have ice water in your veins but when the time comes you have to have fire and hustle. I have barely ever seen Eli hustle even in the most critical of times; the 2 minute drill hustle is laughable. I am starting to become convinced that the plodding nature of the O is because of Eli.

I think it's Eli. I don't pay 110% to how much time he has once they huddle but he usually has 15+ seconds and then Eli starts looking around, audibling and next thing you know it's 5 seconds with Omaha (Peyton uses Carolina) hut. I don't recall that they are rushing to huddle very often because it's less than 10 seconds and they still aren't lined up. Hell if Gilbride is so slow to make calls why isn't Eli frantically motioning to Gilbride to hurry up? To be honest I think that Tiki is right and Eli is not much of a leader. It's great to have ice water in your veins but when the time comes you have to have fire and hustle. I have barely ever seen Eli hustle even in the most critical of times; the 2 minute drill hustle is laughable. I am starting to become convinced that the plodding nature of the O is because of Eli.

I'm not sure if I agree with you (we've seen Eli get frustrated at late playcalling before) but if you're right, isn't it Gilbride's responsibility to organise an offense that works, no matter what the major issue is? If it's taking Eli too long to call out the defense etc then change the damn system already! Fact is we're giving the opposing D a huge advantage by consistantly snapping the ball with less than 3 sec on the playclock.

I'm not sure if I agree with you (we've seen Eli get frustrated at late playcalling before) but if you're right, isn't it Gilbride's responsibility to organise an offense that works, no matter what the major issue is? If it's taking Eli too long to call out the defense etc then change the damn system already! Fact is we're giving the opposing D a huge advantage by consistently snapping the ball with less than 3 sec on the playclock.

Eli gets a very long leash in this offense though and for the money he is being paid he should. From what I have read Eli gets to basically do whatever he wants when directing the O. Hell many times in posts it's been pointed out that Eli changed the play that everybody was crucifying Gilbride about. The O problems are actually a combination of 3 people with a Coughlin general philosophy that doesn't always work, Gilbride not adjusting well enough to the opponents D and Eli taking too long to change plays at the line; or audibling to a worse play.