SportsWrath

The Fuck You Gerrit Cole thread

MakeMeSomeFoodHo

how pissed am I to find out that Gerrit Cole is the favorite for number one overall in the 2011 draft (even if Bryce Harper doesnt sign in 2010)?

Extremely.

Well Gerrit, instead of singing with the yankees, you will be a Pirate. Go fuck yourself.

I wouldn't lose any sleep over it. The Yanks use teams like the Pirates the way most teams use a farm system. Let the player get a couple of years experience under his belt facing major leaguers, then toss them a bone and take the player off their hands.

The Yanks would just put him in their farm system for a couple of years anyway. The guy might as well be cutting his teeth against the big boys.

I wouldn't lose any sleep over it. The Yanks use teams like the Pirates the way most teams use a farm system. Let the player get a couple of years experience under his belt facing major leaguers, then toss them a bone and take the player off their hands.

The Yanks would just put him in their farm system for a couple of years anyway. The guy might as well be cutting his teeth against the big boys.

I've always been a supporter of the Steinbrenners willingness to spend money, but baseball needs a salary cap, plus a salary minimum. The gap is just too wide, there are about 4 teams that can spend what the Yanks spend.

I've always been a supporter of the Steinbrenners willingness to spend money, but baseball needs a salary cap, plus a salary minimum. The gap is just too wide, there are about 4 teams that can spend what the Yanks spend.

There is a minimum salary. This year it was 400,000 dollars a year for a major league player. Next season it will be adjusted by the COLA index which means that a minumum salaried player will recieve somewhere between 450K and a half million. Pretty damn good for a pitcher who throws 3 games with an ERA over 10 or a batter who only gets 20 at bats a season and is batting .067. That works out to about 10,000 dollars per pitch by a worthless pitcher and about 50,000 dollars for each at bat by a worthless batter. Not bad. I'd like a contract like that.

When Steinbrenner took over the Yankees, they were so awful that the team had to pay radio stations to carry their games. He invested his own money and then the profit that was starting to be made right back into the team. He was an excellent businessman who learned how to expand enterprising the Yankees so that the profit would be greater and he could build the team even greater.

Every owner has the same option. But few owners are willing to dedicate their lives to building a great team and using the team to become a profit machine. Most are simply wealthy people who look at the team as a hobby. They sit on their yachts while being served margaritas by gorgeous women wearing about 3 square inches of clothing. They get daily blowjobs by their 19 year old wife or a bevy of other young girls standing in line to be used like a recepticle. At the end of the season, they get a check for 5 to 10 million dollars from George's Yankees because of revenue sharing to help keep up their lifestyle. For those owners,,,life is good...why change it.

• 3 weeks later...

Every owner has the same option. But few owners are willing to dedicate their lives to building a great team and using the team to become a profit machine. Most are simply wealthy people who look at the team as a hobby. They sit on their yachts while being served margaritas by gorgeous women wearing about 3 square inches of clothing. They get daily blowjobs by their 19 year old wife or a bevy of other young girls standing in line to be used like a recepticle. At the end of the season, they get a check for 5 to 10 million dollars from George's Yankees because of revenue sharing to help keep up their lifestyle. For those owners,,,life is good...why change it.

Plus with the Luxery tax and the Yankees gate....some of these outfits like KC, Minnesota, and Tampa get significant portion of their budget from the Yankees...most of which, the plow your back into their pocket.

C. Wagon

Plus with the Luxery tax and the Yankees gate....some of these outfits like KC, Minnesota, and Tampa get significant portion of their budget from the Yankees...most of which, the plow your back into their pocket.

C. Wagon

Yeah that is what bothers me. Go ahead and bitch all you want about the Yanks buying championships because really nowadays it is expected of you. But once you've gotten that out of your system look at your owners who are bringing in millions...I think I saw a report that the luxury tax and revenue sharing doles out something around 25 million but that was agents talking trying to pump up contracts...eitherway the number has to be above 10 million that these teams get. Luxury tax and revenue sharing should be required to be spent on salaries or scouting or their farm systems to keep those teams at least trying to be competitive.