SportsWrath

The New York Football Giants WILL Make The Playoffs

Mr. P

I like to share your faith dude. If we play the way we did against SD, minus the bone headed penalties and if shoot Gilbride and Sheridan dead, and put Tynes under the team bus, I honestly think we can make the playoffs. But we need to develop some serious momentum and go on a roll right after the bye.

My positives:

At least they can't lose next week.

Sheridan gets Ross back from the World's Worst Hamstring Injury.

Gilbride can devise some new wrinkles (sorry, I'm sitting here laughing as I type this).

5-4 is still a winning record.

As shitty as the SD loss was, it was an AFC loss.

Still 2-1 in our division.

Philly losing to Dallas was good from a divisional standpoint.

To make the playoffs, it's not only how many games they win, it's who they win them against. Going 5-2 to finish 10-6 MIGHT get them in IF 3 of those wins are against Atlanta, Philly & Dallas. Lose any of those 3 games and forget it. Good news is, all are at home (then again, so was Arizona & SD :flex:

not this year

maybe next if Coughlin gets the boot and we bring in a real coaching staff

coughlin has to go and take pierce with him

how about bringing in Dick Vermiel? or John Fox?

would Parcells come back for one more go round?

I'd like to see Jon Gruden myself

My positives:

At least they can't lose next week.

Sheridan gets Ross back from the World's Worst Hamstring Injury.

Gilbride can devise some new wrinkles (sorry, I'm sitting here laughing as I type this).

5-4 is still a winning record.

As shitty as the SD loss was, it was an AFC loss.

Still 2-1 in our division.

Philly losing to Dallas was good from a divisional standpoint.

NOTE: The 1989 Rams are the only otherteam in NFL history to open 5-0, then lose four straight. Los Angelesfinished 11-5 and knocked out the Giants in the NFC Divisional Playoffsbefore falling to San Francisco in the conference final.

its not like it hasn't been done before. It can be done again :05-mafia:

Someone explain to me how we lost to SD. :unsure:

There are many ways to lose a football game. You can just flat out get crushed, you can play good and lose the turnover battle...etc. But we outgained them, Eli played great, we stopped the run game COLD and kept Rivers to a minimum. (Eli passed for more yds). We also forced 2 turnovers and they forced ZERO.

How the fuck did we lose this game? :blink:

There are many ways to lose a football game. You can just flat out get crushed, you can play good and lose the turnover battle...etc. But we outgained them, Eli played great, we stopped the run game COLD and kept Rivers to a minimum. (Eli passed for more yds). We also forced 2 turnovers and they forced ZERO.

where ya been, biggie?

Shitty red zone efficiency.

I don't remember that game.. I've learned to tune out games when our team lays out an egg... for one.. the botched field goal. I think it was on Feagles not Tynes. then the last offensive drive.. 1st and goal on the 4th yard line.. we didn't pass because SD was playin the end zone more than the line.. and we still failed to punch it in.. oh and we allowed SD to come back driving pretty much the length of the field.. so Special teams had a fuck up.. O had a fuck and our D had a fuck up...

Yes.

They got inside the 20, they came away with touchdowns.....3 in fact.

We got inside the redzone, and we settled for field goals (when we weren't botching them).

Exactly. When you win time of possession, yardage AND turnovers there's no fucking excuse for losing the game.

In the first two games our red zone efficiency was 0%. In the last four games (all loses) we've had SEVEN quarters, nearly half the time played, without any scoring at all. We can move the ball and control the clock but we can't fucking score.

where ya been, biggie?

They switched me back to days at wk, took awhile adjusting. Plus, some family problems has had my mind on other things. And the fuckin Giants screwin up aint helping!! :ranting2: THEY BETTER TURN THIS SHIT AROUND QUICK, MY HEART CANT TAKE IT! LOL

They switched me back to days at wk, took awhile adjusting. Plus, some family problems has had my mind on other things. And the fuckin Giants screwin up aint helping!! :ranting2: THEY BETTER TURN THIS SHIT AROUND QUICK, MY HEART CANT TAKE IT! LOL

I'm thinking 5-2, that should get us a wild card. hope all your troubles melt away.