SportsWrath

Its Over

JackStroud

we need a new HC, some impact LBers

Pierce has to go, Coughlin has to go, Gilbride is NOT the problem

1st and goal at the 4, to win the game....but Killdrive isn't the problem.

Pass me the horse pills you're taking....I could use one right now.

1st and goal at the 14 because of a hold was the problem.

The hold was largely do to a plodding, sloppy call on 1st and goal.

A quick play-action and a shot to Boss on 1st and goal, and game over.

So, we've got 1st and 14, and pussy out, as usual, on offense.

im pretty sure we overcame a 1st and 20, and a 1st and 15 on that drive, but 1st and goal from the 14 means just not try for the endzone?

we shoulda tried to get in the endzone, and the defense shouldve stopped them on that last drive.

Didn't Jacobs make it to the 1? With Jacobs at the 1 and 2 tries I would hope to god that the Giants could do that. The penalty was the killer and it's been the problem on 2 of these losses. If you can't execute then you will never win close games.

The penalty was for Snee driving the guy to the ground....in other words pancaking him. I am sick and tired of officials calling holding plays that are not clear cut holding plays at decisive points in the game when they were not making those calls previously. All day Robbins and Cofield are being herded around Rivers like they are steers in a rodeo. Those kind of armlocks are straight out of wrestling... :rolleyes:

A hold has everything to do with poor execution. Would it feel better if the hold was on a successful pass?

im pretty sure we overcame a 1st and 20, and a 1st and 15 on that drive, but 1st and goal from the 14 means just not try for the endzone?

we shoulda tried to get in the endzone, and the defense shouldve stopped them on that last drive.

First of all, Gilbride would be roasted anyway if he went 3 shots into the end zone, and he wouldn't have burned any time off of the clock.

Second, you throw three times into the end zone at that point, you are setting yourself up for a potential INT, and no additional points on the board. If it was that easy for Rivers to get downfield for a TD, how tough would it have been to get a field goal?

AFAIC, that was reasonable play-calling at that point in the game. Burns time, makes sure you don't blow the 3 pts, and forces the other team to score a TD. 9 out of 10 times it works, with competent defensive play.

A hold has everything to do with poor execution. Would it feel better if the hold was on a successful pass?

First of all, Gilbride would be roasted anyway if he went 3 shots into the end zone, and he wouldn't have burned any time off of the clock.

Second, you throw three times into the end zone at that point, you are setting yourself up for a potential INT, and no additional points on the board. If it was that easy for Rivers to get downfield for a TD, how tough would it have been to get a field goal?

AFAIC, that was reasonable play-calling at that point in the game. Burns time, makes sure you don't blow the 3 pts, and forces the other team to score a TD. 9 out of 10 times it works, with competent defensive play.

i didnt say i wanted 3 times in the endzone, 1 time on 3rd down woulda been nice though.

that could be said about any pass play.

and a coverage sack wouldnt have put us out of fg range.

Yeah, but that close in, the end zone is mighty crowded...

And a sack would if it came from the DE. Eli is falling into a nasty habit of getting the ball knocked out of his hand by DEs. Seems to happen once a game.

The penalty was for Snee driving the guy to the ground....in other words pancaking him. I am sick and tired of officials calling holding plays that are not clear cut holding plays at decisive points in the game when they were not making those calls previously. All day Robbins and Cofield are being herded around Rivers like they are steers in a rodeo. Those kind of armlocks are straight out of wrestling... :rolleyes:

The officials are the worst I've ever seen them, not just in Giants game but all around the league. The Boys - Eagles game was a horribly officiated game.

Yeah, but that close in, the end zone is mighty crowded...

And a sack would if it came from the DE. Eli is falling into a nasty habit of getting the ball knocked out of his hand by DEs. Seems to happen once a game.

you know, the more i think about it the less angry i really am about it.

trying to make the other team score a td in 2:00 with 1 timeout isnt really a horrible decision.

it just didnt work.

I wouldnt call it over yet. Not after the way the team played tonight. Sure, they lost, the defense couldnt hold the opposition from not scoring a TD. Maybe we can rebound from here because this wasnt the kind of fingers-up-the-ass kind of blowout that the Giants were experiencing the last few weeks. I feel and hope we can turn it around - provided Gilbride and Sheridan are incapacitated.

99 yards in under two minutes, 1 timeout. I like our chances if we go for it on 4th down, miss it, and be only up 3 better than being up 6 and kicking it off to them, forcing them to score the TD. Add in the fact that scoring the TD would have sealed the game for us. Piss poor play call, no excuse whatsoever. 3 passes to the end zone would have been extreme, but to attempt zero to the end zone is lame and piss poor coaching.

I like our chances much better up 3, anyway, forcing them to drive 60 yards to tie the game with a field goal in under 2 minutes. Even if they tie, we at least go to overtime. They would have been playing to tie it up.

But the point in all this is: had we either thrown a pass or went for it on 4th down, we could have been up 10 with under 2 minutes to play. Sealing the game. Instead, Coughlin and Co. lost their edge and aggression and thus lost the game.

And Fish, the endzone isn't "mighty crowded" from the opposing 14. A pass play after the penalty would have thrown everyone off, huh?