SportsWrath

Coughlin Confirms Rouse Will Start Over Brown

Mr. P

giants beat write jenny vrentas on twitter:

JennyVrentas

Coughlin confirimed Rouse will start over CC Brown at safety this week. Cited ability to play deep ball in the air better.

C.C. ya! Giants make safety switch »

By Ralph Vacchiano

It looks like you won’t have C.C. Brown to kick around anymore.

Though Tom Coughlin has not announced anything official, it appears he has made a much-anticipated change in his defensive lineup. Brown, the much-maligned starting safety, was running with the second team during the portion of practice open to the media today. He was replaced on the first team by third-year pro Aaron Rouse.

That’s not a complete surprise, given how much Brown has struggled in coverage since taking over for the injured Kenny Phillips. He’s been at the center of most of the apparent communication problems on defense and has appeared to be the one responsible for many of the biggest passing plays the defense has surrendered.

Rouse hasn’t exactly been spectacular either since he was claimed off waivers (from Green Bay) on Sept. 24. But the Giants had to do something to stop the bleeding on defense. And since Rouse was the only reserve safety on the roster, this move was the only option the Giants had.

Meanwhile, LB Michael Boley was also working with the first team, which seems like a sign he’s ready to play (and start) on Sunday against the San Diego Chargers. DT Chris Canty should be good to go, too, since he was practicing. In fact, everyone except for CB Aaron Ross (hamstring) was working on the field.

Source: NY Daily News

we're replacing shit with crap.... which is still being coordinated by poop. Looks like our D is still nothing but feces.

Canty, Boley, Ross..... help :(

btw, WHY THE FUCK ARE WE PLAYING COVER 2!!!!!!?????!!!!!!!!!??????? AGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we're replacing shit with crap.... which is still being coordinated by poop. Looks like our D is still nothing but feces.

Canty, Boley, Ross..... help :(

btw, WHY THE FUCK ARE WE PLAYING COVER 2!!!!!!?????!!!!!!!!!??????? AGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:LMAO::LMAO::LMAO:

I'm willing to give Rouse a shot. We KNOW Brown plays like shit (no pun intended) but there's a small chance Rouse might be at least a little bit better.

He isn't and he was cut by Green Bay because he is so bad in coverage.

Here is visual confirmation that the Giants are still fucked.

rousebrown.png

Isn't Omar Shariff a safety on our practice squad?

Oooh so close to being great.

"The Shareff don't like it!"

Yes, I'm that guy. Anyway, happy to see Canty & Boley back, especially Boley.

Gah, I knew it was one of the two, shit.

Whatever happened to that idiot who said the Clash was "overrated."

Forget Rouse and CC for one second.

It's not good versus bad with these 2 guys, we know this. But if this is the same defensive scheme we've been using for years, then there's no free or strong safety, we have 2 safeties who can play both slots. That was Spagnolo's idea in the first place. Unless Sheridan has completely turned it upside down, which they said he hadn't.

Enter Michael Johnson.

I've been a Johnson advocate since he arrived, but this year, overall he's done little. However the one thing I do know is the guy has had some success in coverage help and has even has some int's, he's taller, rangier and a better athlete than CC. Yet he's mainly in blitz packages or playing the run.

We do know that CC likes to hit guys and in fairness he hits pretty good.

So why not..........I don't know, say switch them around. I couldn't be more serious here. Why expose Brown by leaving him like that?. And now Coughlin is going to replace him with a guy who couldn't stay with the Packers, because he couldn't cover!.

What am I missing here?

It's not good versus bad with these 2 guys, we know this. But if this is the same defensive scheme we've been using for years, then there's no free or strong safety, we have 2 safeties who can play both slots. That was Spagnolo's idea in the first place. Unless Sheridan has completely turned it upside down, which they said he hadn't.

Enter Michael Johnson.

I've been a Johnson advocate since he arrived, but this year, overall he's done little. However the one thing I do know is the guy has had some success in coverage help and has even has some int's, he's taller, rangier and a better athlete than CC. Yet he's mainly in blitz packages or playing the run.

So why not..........I don't know, say switch them around. I couldn't be more serious here. Why expose Brown by leaving him like that?. And now Coughlin is going to replace him with a guy who couldn't stay with the Packers, because he couldn't cover!.

What am I missing here?

you're saying just switch Johnson and Brown's positions...?

Enter Michael Johnson.

What am I missing here?

That they're gonna pick on CeeCee no matter where they put him. I even expect a couple passes to the Giants' bench this week.

you're saying just switch Johnson and Brown's positions...?

My point is why is CC Brown always seemingly back in coverage and Michael Johnson up playing the blitz and playing run defence. CC can't blitz?. I elaborated, shoot me, I don't post that much these days.

That they're gonna pick on CeeCee no matter where they put him. I even expect a couple passes to the Giants' bench this week.

He's not as exposed if they have him in on more safety blitzes and if he's playing closer to the line of scrimmage. I'm not losing the fact that he's not that good, he's not. Honestly, I think if Ross comes back, I'd switch Terrell Thomas to safety, even if he's a little small for it. Hell, I'd even try to get Bruce Johnson onto the field more, the guy seems to do good when he's out there.

Enter Michael Johnson.

What am I missing here?

The Giants safety positions are interchangeable, at least that's what safeties coach David Merritt says.

His name is Shareff Rashad btw.

I knew his name wasn't Omar Shareff but posted that to be funny. :smartass:

Enter Michael Johnson.

What am I missing here?

I have posted this, basically, exact idea a few times. Brown does seem to be a good hitter but is having obvious issues in coverage and yet he is constantly in coverage. Bring him down for run support or helping the LBs more in intermediate coverage and play more man in the secondary. When Jackson was let go by Webster unopposed, for his TD, to be covered by Brown was a cluster fuck. Seriously who schemes that coverage? Brown is struggling in coverage and you let Jackson just sprint down the field towards him. Common man. :ranting2: