SportsWrath

9-7 scenario

UK-Giantsfan

Ok guys ...here's the scenario

9-7 and we miss the playoffs by 1 win

The D remains shite for the rest of the year .....we scramble to another 4 wins only ( mainly due to a decent showing by the O , )

TC survives the obvious NY media onslaught due to his fantastic 4 year record of playoffs and Superbowl win

Is Sheridan history ?......does KG get killed off too ?

In this scenario do we clean out the coaches ........is it nearning the end for TC ?

please discuss

The D remains shite for the rest of the year .....we scramble to another 4 wins only ( mainly due to a decent showing by the O , )

TC survives the obvious NY media onslaught due to his fantastic 4 year record of playoffs and Superbowl win

In this scenario do we clean out the coaches ........is it nearning the end for TC ?

please discuss

I think we'll do better than 9-7. Don't know why I think that given CC Brown is still on the team today. However It remains to be seen if Sheridan gets his act together. All in all I think he will be fired and we'll be able to bring a high value DC. Gilbride sucks but TC likes him..

I think UK's 9-7 scenario is very plausible....at best, 10-6 with this crew.

I think Sheridan deserves more time... he's had to deal with some serious injuries, plus Tuck isn't near 100%, Boley, Canty and Ross have been no-shows.

Just a few weeks ago, this defense was #1 in the league.....you've got to wonder where it would be if not for all the down players.

However, I'm convinced Killdrive needs to hang it up...his playbook is more stale than last week's bread.

And really, if we don't upgrade seriously at the LB spot, we'll be in the same spot next year.

I think UK's 9-7 scenario is very plausible....at best, 10-6 with this crew.

I think Sheridan deserves more time... he's had to deal with some serious injuries, plus Tuck isn't near 100%, Boley, Canty and Ross have been no-shows.

Just a few weeks ago, this defense was #1 in the league.....you've got to wonder where it would be if not for all the down players.

However, I'm convinced Killdrive needs to hang it up...his playbook is more stale than last week's bread.

And really, if we don't upgrade seriously at the LB spot, we'll be in the same spot next year.

That's the direct result of a pathetic schedule in our first 5 games. Not buying.. Once is an accident.. twice is a trend.. three times Sheridan can go fuck himself. It doesn't take a genius to figure out CC Brown does not belong in the NFL... period.

we have San Diego at home,Atlanta at home Denver on the road and then three nfc east games really no cupcakes until we play Washington. Teams have figured out how to just go over the middle and find a more then wide open target I hate to be pessimistic but 4-4 the rest of the way not sure, San Diego does not usually play well on the east coast and Atlanta is not that good outside of a dome those two games are must haves. we can beat Washington I think and Carolina I think last game of the year maybe the Favrekings do us the same favor we did them last year and sit everybody 10-6 could be feasible I guess we have to see the next two home games if our D can step it up.

That's the direct result of a pathetic schedule in our first 5 games. Not buying.. Once is an accident.. twice is a trend.. three times Sheridan can go fuck himself. It doesn't take a genius to figure out CC Brown does not belong in the NFL... period.

The only thing I ask is..who do we start in place of him? That guy from Green Bay has shown nothing other then he is a practice squad player so really we have nothing else. I know some people have been saying Thomas can be a tweener CB/Safety but lets say we do move him into the safety position, he know has to learn that position and adjust to it mid season PLUS the fact that we know have Dockery covering teams #2 WRs. Once Ross is back hopefully then we can think about making the change but until then we're stuck with Johnson/CC at safety which is pretty much the same as having Robbins and Coefield playing back there.

The only thing I ask is..who do we start in place of him? That guy from Green Bay has shown nothing other then he is a practice squad player so really we have nothing else. I know some people have been saying Thomas can be a tweener CB/Safety but lets say we do move him into the safety position, he know has to learn that position and adjust to it mid season PLUS the fact that we know have Dockery covering teams #2 WRs. Once Ross is back hopefully then we can think about making the change but until then we're stuck with Johnson/CC at safety which is pretty much the same as having Robbins and Coefield playing back there.

I don't know the answer to that. That's why we have a front office and a practice squad. I'm willing to bet Tyree would've played better at Safety than the statue we have now. Besides, the moment we knew Phillips was gone for the season, trades should've been made.

5-11 with the way we are playing right now. We are seriously shitting it up like the Rams or Lions. We are pathetic and the playcalling is making it even worse.

Ill wait until our D and O get their shit together and play smart and or atleast show that they can play smart. Until then, I dont see us getting another win. Pray explain how we seem like getting another win unless we play the Rams or the Lions or the Browns.

Thats a pretty good analysis of it. Yeah, I've thrown Terrell Thomas out there, but our best bet might be to hope CC gets better.

• 4 weeks later...

after last night i can see Dallas only winning probably 1 more game this season and therefore ending up 9-7

Dallas have SD , NO , Wash , Philly left to play ( with any luck they will lose them all and miss the playoffs entirely )

We own the tie breaker with them ( and Atlanta )

Therefore if we win just 2 of our last 4 we would almost certainly make the playoffs @ 9-7 ( even if we lose to Phily on Sun )

What the hell are you talking about

11-5 should not be impossible if we play like we did yesterday

The D was swarming, the WRs flying, and the tandem of BJ and Bradshaw is BACK

By the way kudos for the DBs, the LB's the DTs and Tollifson....

please discuss

of course 11-5 is possible Jack ......it is just improbable !

i was merely pointing out that i think Dallas will lose nealy all their remaining games ........and in this scenario we could even scrape into the playoffs @ 9-7

( by the way did you enjoy the play of our new starting MLB yesterday ? .............how is your beloved Chase nowadays ? )

when we had 4 losses i was aiming for 12-4

I'll just be happy if we sweep the East, putting us in good shape for a wildcard spot. I really want the Philadelphia game.

I hope we go 11-5, but I'm not willing to get that disappointed. It's been a while since they strung two good games together.

Beating the Eagles is huge. Beating them is the ticket, the the Skins who are likely crushed from yesterday and then the Vikings, who (with some luck) may even be sitting people by then and we have an easier rode to get into the tourenment.

Now if we make it, I find it highly unlikely that we'r e the team to outdo the Saints in the playoffs, but we'll see: our team's been there and handled that and they are new to playing one week beyond the start of the playoffs, so we'll see.

What the hell are you talking about

The D was swarming, the WRs flying, and the tandem of BJ and Bradshaw is BACK

By the way kudos for the DBs, the LB's the DTs and Tollifson....

...You do realize we're still awful in stopping 3rd down, holding opponents to field goals in the red zone, and we allow QBs to rack up over 300 yards on us, consistently.

The only thing we managed better last game was : we held their run game and weren't as late on as many blitzes.

That's it.

The defense still sucks, the Cowboys just couldn't execute.