SportsWrath

3 Days Rest...Big Fucking Deal

MakeMeSomeFoodHo

the reality is that when a pitcher goes on three days rest, he is only going on about 17 hours less rest than he would normally have....even less if he is pitching a day game and his last effort was a night game.

I hate that its made out to be such a big deal. I know pitchers are creatures of habit and all that, but still, it should have no ill effect on a pitchers performance....especially a veteren that doesnt need to be babied.

the reality is that when a pitcher goes on three days rest, he is only going on about 17 hours less rest than he would normally have....even less if he is pitching a day game and his last effort was a night game.

I hate that its made out to be such a big deal. I know pitchers are creatures of habit and all that, but still, it should have no ill effect on a pitchers performance....especially a veteren that doesnt need to be babied.

Agreed. This is the end of the season and for all the marbles. You do whatever you need to do to win. There is no tough series with Boston next week or a west coast trip - this is it and it's all over. I suspect by tomorrow (if the game is necessary....you'll see AJ, Petite again, Mo going 2 or more innings and using whoever is necessary to win regardless of how much rest any of them have had. After the game, they have several months to recuperate.

It could be that pitchers, especially hard throwers, lose that extra pop on their fast ball without putting noticeably more effort into it. Then his location has to be near perfect. Just saying.

Hopefully, that won't matter with Pettitte tonight since he relies on junk and finesse. Anyway, put me down as being against the 3 man rotation.