SportsWrath

I'm not panicing

JackStroud

This easily is the most important game in the first half of the season. It carries the weight of the last 2 games. We win, and we're respected again.. and 3-0 in the division.. and 6-2. We lose, and it's a fuckin depression... 0-3 over the last 3 games... won against deadbeats.. and easily 3rd place in the division... we NEED this win folks.

Good lord, there's an entire 2nd half of the season after tomorrow. Who cares about being 'respected again'?

Consider this:

If we lose tomorrow, we'd be 5-3 at the halfway mark. 5-3 having played 8 games with no bye and pretty dinged up players. On the back half we get a bye, get some injured players back, and even if we finish up 5-3 in the 2nd half, it'd still be 10-6 and probably a wildcard. Of course, there's no guarantees about anything and we could totally melt down and finish 5-11. Conversely, we could win out the rest of the season and end up 13-3. I don't forsee either happening, but aside from not living up to all the hype, I don't think there is anything to panic about.

Good lord, there's an entire 2nd half of the season after tomorrow. Who cares about being 'respected again'?

Consider this:

If we lose tomorrow, we'd be 5-3 at the halfway mark. 5-3 having played 8 games with no bye and pretty dinged up players. On the back half we get a bye, get some injured players back, and even if we finish up 5-3 in the 2nd half, it'd still be 10-6 and probably a wildcard. Of course, there's no guarantees about anything and we could totally melt down and finish 5-11. Conversely, we could win out the rest of the season and end up 13-3. I don't forsee either happening, but aside from not living up to all the hype, I don't think there is anything to panic about.

I have higher expecations. A wild card is a slackoff. This team has what it takes to smash anyone... a three game winning streak will destroy the character of this team.. assuming there's a character.. We'll see tomorrow.

I have higher expecations. A wild card is a slackoff. This team has what it takes to smash anyone... a three game winning streak will destroy the character of this team.. assuming there's a character.. We'll see tomorrow.

Yeah, I agree, i'd hate to get in the playoffs as a mere wildcard......... and then win out.