SportsWrath

ORDINARY

BadEgg

Eli Manning is ordinary. If not for the famous trapped ball against the no-name receiver's head, the NY media and fans would be labling him a bust this morning. :cry:

But he can sometime be good at avoiding the pass rush. He can be ellusive at times. Which makes me think that he should be running the ball in short yardage, not the 250 pound ballerina. :LMAO:

As comical as Manning was, I nearly fell off the couch laughing when Jacobs got stuffed on the 3rd and 2. How much are they paying him? He is robbing them blind... :thumbs:

Eli has something that Romo never will though. So untill Romo wins one playoff game, let alone a SB MVP, just give it a rest. If Bradshaw doesnt fumble, we win.

The formula is simple for Romo. Get Jerry to trade for Tyree. Give up the entire recieving core if you have too... :LMAO:

Eli Manning is ordinary. If not for the famous trapped ball against the no-name receiver's head, the NY media and fans would be labling him a bust this morning. :cry:

But he can sometime be good at avoiding the pass rush. He can be ellusive at times. Which makes me think that he should be running the ball in short yardage, not the 250 pound ballerina. :LMAO:

As comical as Manning was, I nearly fell off the couch laughing when Jacobs got stuffed on the 3rd and 2. How much are they paying him? He is robbing them blind... :thumbs:

to be fair, the dog thinks you are ignoring the fact that he put a precision pass into coverage, knowing full well that the defender would tap the ball away from that receiver and into the air where Nicks would be waiting to catch it and run 60 yards for a score...they didn't pay him enough in the dog's opinion. does anyone know if there was a slight breeze last night?

and while the wallet is open, somebody get jacobs more cash. he has earned the nickname "Earth", as in, every two yards he gets reaquainted with the Earth...

Giants will be in the playoff hunt barring a collapse, but this team has issues. The NFC east, as always will be an enjoyable battle to the final week...

to be fair, the dog thinks you are ignoring the fact that he put a precision pass into coverage, knowing full well that the defender would tap the ball away from that receiver and into the air where Nicks would be waiting to catch it and run 60 yards for a score...they didn't pay him enough in the dog's opinion. does anyone know if there was a slight breeze last night?

and while the wallet is open, somebody get jacobs more cash. he has earned the nickname "Earth", as in, every two yards he gets reaquainted with the Earth...

Giants will be in the playoff hunt barring a collapse, but this team has issues. The NFC east, as always will be an enjoyable battle to the final week...

Slight breeze? I don't know, Dog. That hum that I kept hearing over my TV last night was either a wind whipping through the tunnels of the Meadowlands or the sound of the Giants being booed by their own fans...

I assumed it was the wind...Boo birds at the Meadowlands? We haven't heard that since...well....since...since..Dan Reeves...no...sorry... last January when the Eagles were in town!

Wait a minute, let me get this straight...A Dallas Cowboys fan, who is also happens to be a huge Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim Orange County California United States Western Hemisphere Earth fan was watching the New York Giants vs Arizona Cardinals game last night?

Egg, shame on you....or do you not want to discuss the Angles getting their asses handed to them?

Wait a minute, let me get this straight...A Dallas Cowboys fan, who is also happens to be a huge Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim Orange County California United States Western Hemisphere Earth fan was watching the New York Giants vs Arizona Cardinals game last night?

Egg, shame on you....or do you not want to discuss the Angles getting their asses handed to them?

I'll answer this one honestly and hope that this thread does not disintegrate into a baseball thread. I switched back and forth during the games last night.

I'm an Angels fan and follow their players, but I'm not a passionate baseball fan. I'd rather watch football, so much so that I turned down the opportunity to go to the Yankees/Angels game last night. Also, I'm a realist and the Yankees are the better team and I felt that they would win last night anyway.

More importantly, I have Bradshaw and Nicks in one of my fantasy leagues and I played both last night. I cannot watch baseball -- any baseball game -- instead of my fantasy guys...

I'll answer this one honestly and hope that this thread does not disintegrate into a baseball thread. I switched back and forth during the games last night.

I'm an Angels fan and follow their players, but I'm not a passionate baseball fan. I'd rather watch football, so much so that I turned down the opportunity to go to the Yankees/Angels game last night. Also, I'm a realist and the Yankees are the better team and I felt that they would win last night anyway.

More importantly, I have Bradshaw and Nicks in one of my fantasy leagues and I played both last night. I cannot watch baseball -- any baseball game -- instead of my fantasy guys...

Im next in line for the throne of england.

someone could've helped him out with a block on that play- there were like 11 lilliputians waiting to greet him. nothing wrong with jacobs, that's been evident these past 2 games.

As much as I hate BagEgg..he's right. The Giants have looked real ordinary these past two weeks.

He is right, Im just not gonna take that from a fuckin cowboys fag. When you beat us than you can talk shit.

What other QB's would you consider Ordinary? Despite horrific play calling and several dropped passes The Gmen were in the game until less then a minute left.

the dog has always argued (perhaps too harshly at times) that manning is an average QB. unfortunately for him everyone keeps trying to push him into elite status and he is just not that. he was a very good college QB with a name, and so he was immediately thrust into being the potential superstar. he then hurt himself in the dog's opinion with the draft day antics, and the infamous trade was orchestrated, again, immediately elevating him to potential superstar without playing an NFL down. he had to deal with the early career ups and downs, but unlike others, he carried those expectations. then the giants won the super bowl. the manning lovers will say he was spectacular during that run. the nay-sayers will point out that he, for the first time in his career, was consistent and didn't hurt the team with mistakes. he won the SB mvp and that can't be taken away. that being said, while the dog won't necessarily go as far as badegg does when talking about tyree's catch, the fact is, without that spectacular albeit lucky catch, we are not talking about manning the super bowl mvp. and if the patriots convert one of the two errant throws on that drive into interceptions, we are not talking about manning the mvp. we are talking about manning the solid QB who had an average game that fell short. but he did what he did and that is to his credit. unfortunately for him it again thrust him into the elite, top 10 and even top 5 qb discussions. not warrented in the dog's opinion. then he gets a contract that automatically forces you to include him when you are discussing the best players in the nfl...again, he doesn't really belong in that conversation. in the dog's opinion, he is possibly a top 10 QB in the nfl this year at this point, but it is close...

I managed to remain on the couch when you guys patheticaly lost to Oakland

its a marathon not a sprint

none of the Giants problems are uncorrectable.....your problem is a marshmellow for HC, and lunatic owner

not really correctable

Eli is head and shoulders above Romo in every aspect of the game. Until Romo actually wins something shut the fuck up. If he is ordinary what does that say about the entire Dallas team? He did come into your brand new house with a record crowd and beat you guys. You guys beat Atlanta whos secondary is basically made up of high school players. I HOPE you around to talk shit when you guys come down to New Orleans for yet another embarassment. How many meetings in a row have you guys lost to us now? 7? whatever. Shut the fuck up and go back to wanking it to your Romo posters.

unfortunately for him it again thrust him into the elite, top 10 and even top 5 qb discussions. not warrented in the dog's opinion. then he gets a contract that automatically forces you to include him when you are discussing the best players in the nfl...again, he doesn't really belong in that conversation. in the dog's opinion, he is possibly a top 10 QB in the nfl this year at this point, but it is close...

So who are the 10 better?

Im my opinion NFL QB's looks like this

Game Changers - Dominate from QB Position

Peyton Manning

Tom Brady

Drew Brees (Needs a Superbowl Ring...)

Very Good Players who win Games

Roethslesberger

Eli Manning

Rivers

McNabb

Favre

Carson Palmer

Aaron Rodgers

Warner

Good Players who can keep their Teams in it most of the time and occasionally win for them

Flaco

Ryan

Romo

Hasselback

none of the Giants problems are uncorrectable.....your problem is a marshmellow for HC, and lunatic owner

not really correctable

Jack, you know I'm a big fan of your posts, but the Cowboys have not lost to Oakland -- unless I am misreading something here...Or perhaps you jumped into the future -- to Thanksgiving Day -- and have come back to report.

The Cowboys have lost 2 games this season. One to the undefeated Broncos, which looks less and less like a bad loss as the season goes on. And the other to the ordinary Giants, which looks more and more like a bad loss as the season goes on.

So who are the 10 better?

Im my opinion NFL QB's looks like this

Game Changers - Dominate from QB Position

Peyton Manning

Tom Brady

Drew Brees (Needs a Superbowl Ring...)

Very Good Players who win Games

Roethslesberger

Eli Manning

Rivers

McNabb

Favre

Carson Palmer

Aaron Rodgers

Warner

Good Players who can keep their Teams in it most of the time and occasionally win for them

Flaco

Ryan

Romo

Hasselback

Gorilla, you should atleast provide a footnote to whatever reporter you just lifted your "opinion" from...It's the right thing to do...

Eli is head and shoulders above Romo in every aspect of the game. Until Romo actually wins something shut the fuck up. If he is ordinary what does that say about the entire Dallas team? He did come into your brand new house with a record crowd and beat you guys. You guys beat Atlanta whos secondary is basically made up of high school players. I HOPE you around to talk shit when you guys come down to New Orleans for yet another embarassment. How many meetings in a row have you guys lost to us now? 7? whatever. Shut the fuck up and go back to wanking it to your Romo posters.

Silly...silly...silly...All of this brand new stadium record crowd b.s...as if there were 100,000 fans on the field as Eli threw his passes...the Giant WRs on that night, for the most part, were wide open...

Here is the only real difference between Romo and Eli at this stage of the game. Eli makes an ill-advised pass and Tyree catches it between 3 guys with his head.

Romo illudes pressure on a 3rd and long and throws a pass on a rope right into Patrick Crayton's hands which Patrick Craton drops, not because of an earth shattering tackle -- he was wide open...the rest is, as they say, history.

not really correctable

besides the belushi-esque line about oakland, you are absolutely correct.