SportsWrath

Kevin Gilbride

GorillaNJ

i was getting pissed at chris collinsworth mcconaughey talkin about "omaha". like omaha hasnt meant the same thing in our offense since 2004. if it really took other teams until tonight to realize what omaha meant then we are dealing with a fuckin retarded league.

lol, yea he went on about that but that's not what i'm talking about.

collingsworth did make a good comment about plax though- he caught a lot of bad balls. we don't have anyone who can do that now.

Yeah I made that same point early in the game....those out routes to the sidelines that Eli never seems to get with our current receivers...well we now see that it was Burress who bailed Eli out on a lot of balls he threw with minimal touch.

Yeah I made that same point early in the game....those out routes to the sidelines that Eli never seems to get with our current receivers...well we now see that it was Burress who bailed Eli out on a lot of balls he threw with minimal touch.

that's what height does- it's why i felt we should have gone for edwards or marshall.

that's what height does- it's why i felt we should have gone for edwards or marshall.

Yeah...what's the old saying....you can't teach height....lol. A good big man...almost always beats a good little man. The day of the Smurfs went away with the Deadskins in the mid 80's.

Gilbride needs to die! He should have died over 4 years ago actually when he was soiling the entire field with his retarded playcalling. When, oh when, will we ever see the writing on the wall that this guy is nothing but a classical moron. This was as pathetic as it gets!

I see a slow domnward spiral starting to form. The Giants need to get their shit together fast. Injuries or no injuries - get your fucking shit together! D-line needs to pull their heads out of each other's asses. Cock Cunt Brown blew balls today! Where the fuck is Ramses Barden when we needs him? We are playing like pussies right now! No way...no fucking way a cuntmuscle CB wrestles a sure fire TD from the WR's hands. Fucking Shockey wrestled it from Dawkins's grasp - damn! Ill never forget that. And that too from fucking Arizona??? Motherfucking Cardinals???

WTF! WTF!....I think the JV portion of our schedule raped us actually. We are still playing JV style with all the turnovers etc. Against pisspoor teams we can get away with that shit, but even the fucking Cardinals showed us what would happen if the team drops its pants and startd taking a dump on the field.

Gil hates power running. The Giants have the worlds biggest meanest muthafucka at RB and a dominate O-line and he refuses to just line up, with a TE and a FB and run the goddamned ball. Everytime they do it, it works. The Single back formation is touch and go, the shotgun with Bradshaw at RB is dumb. What do you expect from a QB coach turned OC.

i was getting pissed at chris collinsworth mcconaughey talkin about "omaha". like omaha hasnt meant the same thing in our offense since 2004. if it really took other teams until tonight to realize what omaha meant then we are dealing with a fuckin retarded league.

They don't have to guess what "omaha" means All they have to do is look at the play clock. It's not hard to get a jump on a play if the QB either hikes the ball or gets delay of game. If you want to get on Gilbride, that's where I'd start.

I think we have too many offensive players going for FF stats myself--you had the first down, Bradshaw, go down. Throw to the open guy, Eli, not the guy that's deep and covered.

Shit, two penalties driving us back to the 1 yard line on the last drive? Two delay of games?

I have to agree that the deep passes on 3-2 were driving me nuts. You don't need to run every time, but run high-percentage plays--it's two yards...

They don't have to guess what "omaha" means All they have to do is look at the play clock. It's not hard to get a jump on a play if the QB either hikes the ball or gets delay of game. If you want to get on Gilbride, that's where I'd start.

I think we have too many offensive players going for FF stats myself--you had the first down, Bradshaw, go down. Throw to the open guy, Eli, not the guy that's deep and covered.

Shit, two penalties driving us back to the 1 yard line on the last drive? Two delay of games?

I have to agree that the deep passes on 3-2 were driving me nuts. You don't need to run every time, but run high-percentage plays--it's two yards...

Those 3rd and 2 bombs and delay of game penalties make you want to kill somebody. :05-mafia:

only real gilbride play that pissed me off was that draw play on the goalline at the end there

That was about the most retarded play I've ever seen called. We're on the four yard line against an aggressive defense...lets do a run, up the middle, with our little guy who hasn't had an inch of penetration all night! Oh wait! Make that a delayed run! Leave the big steamroller who's been crushing guys on the bench.

Sorry, didn't even realize Gilbride was calling the plays. With the plodding pace, the delay of game penalties, and the false starts, I thought Luke Petitgout was sending them in.

The Arizona game was a Fassel-like performance. As soon as I saw the dreaded Hedgecock Swing Pass, I knew we were going to be in for a long night.

The only positives are that the Giants defense showed some signs of life….I cant really fault them for this game given the high-powered Cardinal attack, plus the fact that the Cards played the entire game starting from midfield.

Feagles was downright ugly….but since thats his first crappy game in a very long time, Ill give him a mulligan. Too bad it had to happen when the rest of the team couldnt lift him up.

Tynes, once again, was completely lame on kickoffs….might as well just kick the ball out of bounds, since the other team always operates beyond the 30+ yard line anyway.

Best line of the night: CC Brown stands for Cant Cover.

I was about to say that Plaxico would have wrestled away those INTS…. But I can remember a dozen games where he was the 1st one to mail it in, so I cant really go down that road. Maybe he would have, maybe not….depends on how hes feeling that day.

But they need to get things going. Stay on the attack on defense, and get things simplified on offense. Theyve got three young guys who can make things happen after they catch the ball. Time for some more short/mid yardage stuff, and go for the bomb when the game allows it…..not on 3rd and 2 when you need to keep the chains moving.

The good news: 5-2, still atop the division, with a perfect divisional record. Ill take that. Beat Philly next week, and well be looking good at the midpoint.

Fortunately, my beloved Yankees helped to ease the pain.

I think the effect of the injuries to the defense is really starting to show. Canty, Boley, Ross, Phillips, even Alford on that D-line. That's a pretty substantial portion of the defense to lose.

We have average DTs, and average LBrs at best. Pierce is great at stuffing the run, but horrible in everything else. The last two games, I kept seeing our DT's getting fucking MAULED by the opposing teams offensive line.

The offense made way to many mistakes, and they need to be a little less predictable than they have been. That's all that can be said about the offense is they've become very predictable. Also, when you have a damn blitz, the coaches need to make the receivers know to be aware on how to change their routes appropriately.

Gil hates power running. The Giants have the worlds biggest meanest muthafucka at RB and a dominate O-line and he refuses to just line up, with a TE and a FB and run the goddamned ball. Everytime they do it, it works. The Single back formation is touch and go, the shotgun with Bradshaw at RB is dumb. What do you expect from a QB coach turned OC.

I believe it was during the second quarter the stat came up that were were averaging 10 yards / carry on the ground in that game. No wonder jacobs is frustrated, he's starting to run like the BJ of old and they they decide to get all cutesy with the offense.

Yeah...OC's usually don't get head coaching positions with dumb ass owners who don't know what it takes these days to win a championship. Even the senile crazed owner of the Raiders realized (and/or was told) what a dick wad this guy is. Sometimes I wish Bum Philips (Cunt Wade's Dad) was alive....I bet you he would Federal Express his ass to NY and beat Gilfuck's ass with his own playbook to make him "ride that horse" as Bum would refer to Earl Campbell till he could not run him anymore. :jerkoff:

For the record I don't think Plax would have come away with the ball on that first INT either. That was just a flat-out great play by D R-C.

Plus the added momentum and inertia of him diving over his back aided him in prying that one loose.

Those 3rd and 2 bombs and delay of game penalties make you want to kill somebody. :05-mafia:

I hated that play also, but - I think that was more of a read on Eli's part than where the play was designed to go based on TCs comment after the game that that "was one option". Either way, I consider that a second TD drop on Manningham because that ball hit him in the left elbow. I don't care if a defender is jumping in front of you, a professional receiver has to make that catch. MM is terribly inconsistent. I think if MM made those catches this thread has a completely different tone. There were a ton of missed plays and mistakes on the field and those lie only with the players.

I'm a little surprised at the negative comments toward the D line. I thought those guys had a pretty good game, especially Kiwi.

Until this team proves me otherwise, I'm looking at a division win, and first round exit from the playoffs.

Given our pass defense, Philly is not going to be a picnic. Then again, if the Eagles from the Oakland game show up, that may not be the case. I still think we may split the two games against Philly. We beat Dallas and Washington again. Puts our division record at 5-1, we should win the division.

Currently, we're 5-2.

Philly - loss

San Diego - win

Atlanta -win (we're coming off the bye)

Denver - loss

Dallas - win (extra couple days to prepare)

Philly - win

Washington - win

Carolina - win

Puts us at 11-5. Even if we lose the Atlanta or San Diego game, it's 10-6 with a 5-1 division record. Should still be enough for playoffs. Of course, anything can happen at that point. However, if we plan on winning one playoff game, this defense needs to shape up.

Until this team proves me otherwise, I'm looking at a division win, and first round exit from the playoffs.

Puts us at 11-5. Even if we lose the Atlanta or San Diego game, it's 10-6 with a 5-1 division record. Should still be enough for playoffs. Of course, anything can happen at that point. However, if we plan on winning one playoff game, this defense needs to shape up.

don't forget all of the help is coming back on the defensive side. canty, ross and boley- that's like 27% of the starting lineup. it's the offense that has to start executing better.

You can point at Gilbride all you want.. and I would too. After last night I'm beginning to think we're slightly above average team. We had no business losing to AZ last night.. none.. zero. Why we were throwing the ball all over the field when BJ was racking up big gains is beyond me.. one thing we should've learned from last week's game.. is clock control... we can not go toe to toe with chuckers... we control the clock and force the other team's defense to stay on the field while our D is well rested. That didn't happen and it all starts with TC... then Gilbride.