SportsWrath

TV tonight

Ditto

Hate to say it, but I'll take Aikman over Collinsworth any day.

Its like the difference between black pepper in one eye and cayenne in the other.....but I will take Aikman...at least he usually doesn't try to sound like he invented the game of football... :jerkoff:

I was doing homework during the game, so maybe I just didn't notice him as much, but Collinsworth didn't bother me. And believe me, it pains me to say so.

I usually play a strategy video game on the side...but tonight my head was splitting from a pressure headache, so I could not multi task. But I listen to the radio feed any way. I am a homer through and through and only care about my own teams issues.

I usually play a strategy video game on the side...but tonight my head was splitting from a pressure headache, so I could not multi task. But I listen to the radio feed any way. I am a homer through and through and only care about my own teams issues.

I usually do nothing but watch the game, but I have a real busy week ahead of me so I had to get stuff done, so my concentration was thrown off a lot.

isn't the timing off?

isn't the timing off?

When they play on Fox....its usually only a half second ahead.....any other network it can be two to five seconds ahead. Tonight was really bad....four to five seconds ahead. But I kind of like that...gives me a chance to grieve early... :laugh:

When they play on Fox....its usually only a half second ahead.....any other network it can be two to five seconds ahead. Tonight was really bad....four to five seconds ahead. But I kind of like that...gives me a chance to grieve early... :laugh:

when i lived near ATT park, i would hear the roar of the crowd before seeing the home run hit on TV.

Plus Banks and Papa have such great insights....more so than the TV commentators and us fans. So a lot of times when I post on the game day threads...its a paraphrasing of what Banks just said. And I trust his insights a lot more than what I can see or anyone else on this board for that matter. And he is not a classic homer either...he tells you exactly what is going on....the down and distance...how a defense should approach this or that.

Banks was saying throughout the night that the Giants have become enamored with the long strike instead of their methodical bread and butter with an occasional quick strike. He also points out the mistakes on defense with a laser eye. He was all over C.C. Brown last week. But more in terms of technique than anything else. If a DB gets beat but it was a great play by the offense he says so....but if it was due to being clue less (e.g. CC)...then he lets them have it.

when i lived near ATT park, i would hear the roar of the crowd before seeing the home run hit on TV.

LOL!!! Same thing here....when I lived in Flushing I could tell how the Mets game was going before the TV showed it...lol. Even local ...the game gets beamed to a satellite....then down to the studio .....and then rebroadcast to us....often entailing at least a one to two second delay. Whereas radio is near instantaneous at the speed of light.

Plus Banks and Papa have such great insights....more so than the TV commentators and us fans. So a lot of times when I post on the game day threads...its a paraphrasing of what Banks just said. And I trust his insights a lot more than what I can see or anyone else on this board for that matter. And he is not a classic homer either...he tells you exactly what is going on....the down and distance...how a defense should approach this or that.

Banks was saying throughout the night that the Giants have become enamored with the long strike instead of their methodical bread and butter with an occasional quick strike. He also points out the mistakes on defense with a laser eye. He was all over C.C. Brown last week. But more in terms of technique than anything else. If a DB gets beat but it was a great play by the offense he says so....but if it was due to being clue less (e.g. CC)...then he lets them have it.

i watched a lot of games today and everyone seems to be. everytime favre handed off to peterson, he broke a big play, yet they kept passing, which led to their demise.

i watched a lot of games today and everyone seems to be. everytime favre handed off to peterson, he broke a big play, yet they kept passing, which led to their demise.

Yeah...everyone thinks the run and shoot is dead....maybe no coach will openly admit to it....but I believe the run and shoot mentality has penetrated to the core of the league. I think there would be a fan revolt ....or at least from ESPN if the game was Bart Starr handing off to three yards and a cloud of dust....but guess what they were a dynasty. Defense and a running game will get you to the promised land..Especially in this day of arm tacklers. :rolleyes:

Yeah...everyone thinks the run and shoot is dead....maybe no coach will openly admit to it....but I believe the run and shoot mentality has penetrated to the core of the league. I think there would be a fan revolt ....or at least from ESPN if the game was Bart Starr handing off to three yards and a cloud of dust....but guess what they were a dynasty. Defense and a running game will get you to the promised land..Especially in this day of arm tacklers. :rolleyes:

exactly right- and everyone complains about jacobs 3.6 yards per carry but 3.6x 3= 1st down where i went to school