SportsWrath

Inside source saits Favre is retiring

HOUND

Tom Looney who produces "The Brick" show weekday evenings on Foxsports radio reported tonight that according to his source Brett Favre has decided to retire. I'd still consider this rumor moreso than fact as the source apparently asked to keep the information "off the record". Which I found humurous. Why would you tell a member of the media and then follow it up with a request to keep it off the record? Anyway Looney says the source is solid but at present, he's respecting the request and isn't publicly announcing the scoop.

Just thought I'd pass it along.

and by the way Im appauld at you for consuming so many alcholic beverages that it impares your typing.. a glass or two of wine at dinner is fine but anything more is just plain uncooth

and not inviting me is just plain wrong Asshole!!!

Edited by superspynyg

its a fake story in all likely... he prob wont make up his mind until training camp..he is a bum for doing this to the Packers

"Fake story" is a bit harsh, don't you think? I mean, if I had a national radio show, the last thing I'd do is start rumors. You lose credibility in that world and you're effectively done.

Now his source may be passing along shoddy info but I can't blame Looney for wanting to break the news. I certainly don't think he made it up.

I do agree that this posturing by Favre is ridiculous. I'd love to see the meeting between Favre and Packers GM Ted Thompson go something like this:

Favre: I dunno Ted ... I'm not sure if I want to come back. I need to be convinced that the franchise is committed to winning before I make my decision.

Ted Thompson: That's OK your higness ... I've been thinking about it too and I don't think the organization wants to watch you throw another 30 picks this year and get outplayed by inexperienced rookie quarterbacks like Kyle Orton. Have fun selling boiled peanuts or whatever the hell you do in Mississippi.

Tom Looney who produces "The Brick" show weekday evenings on Foxsports radio reported tonight that according to his source Brett Favre has decided to retire. I'd still consider this rumor moreso than fact as the source apparently asked to keep the information "off the record". Which I found humurous. Why would you tell a member of the media and then follow it up with a request to keep it off the record? Anyway Looney says the source is solid but at present, he's respecting the request and isn't publicly announcing the scoop.

Just thought I'd pass it along.

Don't believe anything you hear on JT the Prick, he knows nothing and he has no sources except George Atkinson.

Favre needs to leave now for his sake and the Packers sake. Even if they do sign Lavar and/or Woodson, they most likely aren't going to seriously contend this year AND they will keep Rodgers on the bench.

Don't believe anything you hear on JT the Prick, he knows nothing and he has no sources except George Atkinson.

The Brick wasn't breaking the story, Looney was.

For what it's worth, I'm leaning towards the belief that Favre is hanging 'em up too.

The Brick wasn't breaking the story, Looney was.

For what it's worth, I'm leaning towards the belief that Favre is hanging 'em up too.

i'm not so sure about that. i think he feels he has gas in the tank. probably the wrong decision but he sees brad johnson, who's older, making a mini-comeback and he figures 'why not me?'