SportsWrath

~~POWER RANKINGS WEEK 6~~

jerseygiantfan

Regardless, the rankings are pretty dead on this time, hell we're lucky the Pats didn't jump us.

Well they did play the quickly quitting Titans. I almost put in my post for good that at least we don't still have Collins:

Passing: 2/12

Yards: -7

INT: 1

Doesn't get much worse than that.

Agree with both. Almost exactly, except in my eyes, it should be like this:

SAINTS

COLTS

VIKINGS

BRONCOS

GIANTS

Come to think of it.. fuck no, the Saints beat us but they're not the better team here. We had an off game.. where both coordinators failed to adjust.. one by not abandoning his laid back style and one by failing to control the clock with the running game (I think Iceman said this). And aren't we missing 3 starters on the defense?

Come to think of it.. fuck no, the Saints beat us but they're not the better team here. We had an off game.. where both coordinators failed to adjust.. one by not abandoning his laid back style and one by failing to control the clock with the running game (I think Iceman said this). And aren't we missing 3 starters on the defense?

with all do respect, the dog is wondering if you are suggesting that the giants be ranked ahead of the saints right now? the saints are playing at a very high level, and just put up 48 points on them. the game was not in question mid way through the second quarter. it was a dominant game for a number of reasons, but you can't argue against them being ranked higher. in a few weeks the giants may prove to be the better team, but at this point, the rankings are fairly accurate as far as rankings go...

When the Saints are playing at home, and we do not have Boley, Ross, and Canty healthy... yes, they are a better team than us. That's why it's critical the Saints do not earn home field advantage throughout the playoffs... which, if you look at their schedule, they more than likely will do.

When the Saints are playing at home, and we do not have Boley, Ross, and Canty healthy... yes, they are a better team than us. That's why it's critical the Saints do not earn home field advantage throughout the playoffs... which, if you look at their schedule, they more than likely will do.

again, with all do respect, isn't this the team that everyone, fans and players alike, were talking about the incredible depth they have and that is going to put them over the top? and aren't these the "road warriors"? the dog still thinks it is a long season, and the giants may ultimately prove to be the better team, but as of right now, with no asterisks/excuses/footnotes...the saints are the better team. offensively they are complete. defensively they have improved and are doing what they need to in order to win. time will tell if they can last the season...

again, with all do respect, isn't this the team that everyone, fans and players alike, were talking about the incredible depth they have and that is going to put them over the top? and aren't these the "road warriors"? the dog still thinks it is a long season, and the giants may ultimately prove to be the better team, but as of right now, with no asterisks/excuses/footnotes...the saints are the better team. offensively they are complete. defensively they have improved and are doing what they need to in order to win. time will tell if they can last the season...

Yes, maybe prior to the season. But the strength of our team does not have the depth we thought. Canty is a difference maker on the D-Line, losing him for these first six to eight weeks has been a big blow... couple that with the loss of Alford in preseason who was simply playing out of his mind, and now we are thin in that area, and have been. Tuck is playing basically with one arm, and Osi looks like he is not back from his knee surgery yet. I think the Giants have proved that they have great depth at corner but everyone here said from the beginning that there was no depth at Safety, and that Kenny Phillips injury hurt us badly. So I think a fair point can be made that losing the horses that we have lost, coupled with guys like Tuck who are playing at a diminished level, has caused this defense to not be where it could've been. And it may still happen this year, as guys get healthy, especially Boley, Canty, and Aaron Ross.

The Road Warriors was two years ago. But given all this, I think the Saints would have lost if that game was played in NJ, because Brees is just not the superhero the media makes him out to be when he doesn't get to play indoors.

After that super bowl run we had.. and especially that game in GB... I say bring it on.

Defensively... other teams have had to play catch up. Which means those teams' offense was all too predictable.