SportsWrath

Overmanaging

Lubeck

Guest StrahansGap

You beat me to it Lu. Horrendous job by Girardi tonight. He's thinking WAYYYY to much. I also didn't like the move to pinch run Gardner for Matsui either. Not because Gardner got caught stealing, but because you are pulling Matsui's bat out of the game and more importantly, you are giving the Angels a reason to NOT pitch to A-Rod. They Int walked him tonight in ex innings because Gardner was up next. This game could have been won by the Yankees and Girardi blew it.

I have no idea why he removed Robertson. I could see if he was being hit hard, but he wasn't. And the kid holds his shit together in pressure situations.

Another thing about pinch running Gardner. Get him in the freaking game instead. Start him! He's a .270 hitter for Christ's sake, and he causes chaos on the bases. He's also proven to be one of our best clutch hitters. There's enough power in the line up, especially with Posada behind the plate.

<_< If Baker would've been Baker in '02 and stuck with Russ Ortiz in game 6, we'd have a ring.

I know the feeling. If Showalter would have taken out Cone in '95 and put in Mo, we'd have had another ring. And that was the Mattingly team.

Well that was one game he couldn't overmanage.

Glad to see Gaudin got some work in too. I've been a big fan of his since they brought him in. Has done everything they've asked for and more. Plus he's still young. I could see him being the #4/5 starter next year.