SportsWrath

well if your going to lose your 1st

JackStroud

you might as well get your axx kicked

and we did

Saints won their SB.......now we have to advance and win our 4th for real

nothing today could not be fixed but that waste of space danny clark has to go

the dog has to disagree. the saints are a good team, and approached this game with the same intensity they have been all year. to call this their super bowl would not be accurate. this is just one loss for the giants, and games like this happen. what is alarming is the fact that when this is being considered the first real test (although the dog would say analysts who say this are ignoring the dallas game), to put forth this type of effort is somewhat scary. particularly when the defense has played two games all year against competetion that ranks higher than JV college level, and in both those games the defense was torched. potential bad sign, but then again, it is only week 6.

the dog has to disagree. the saints are a good team, and approached this game with the same intensity they have been all year. to call this their super bowl would not be accurate. this is just one loss for the giants, and games like this happen. what is alarming is the fact that when this is being considered the first real test (although the dog would say analysts who say this are ignoring the dallas game), to put forth this type of effort is somewhat scary. particularly when the defense has played two games all year against competetion that ranks higher than JV college level, and in both those games the defense was torched. potential bad sign, but then again, it is only week 6.

Meh. Spagnuolo went 0-2 his first two games against good offenses. Sheridan is 1-1. So long as he trends upwards going forward, we'll be all right.

Meh. Spagnuolo went 0-2 his first two games against good offenses. Sheridan is 1-1. So long as he trends upwards going forward, we'll be all right.

the only minor difference to the dog is the fact that spanuolo did that in his frist two games, and then the team responded from that point on. most likely they will right things defensively, but it is a bit disconcerting that in 6 games, the two teams they have played with any real resemblance to an NFL caliber offense they were significantly beaten. One time on the ground, one time through the air. It only gets more challenging from this point on, so the margin for error is becoming decreasingly small...Brown apparently said they thought this would be a blow through game and they were complacent defensively (not sure of the exact quote - was discussed on the radio this morning)...if there is any sense of truth to what he said, that is also disconcerting...have to respect every team on the schedule, but to think they could walk through NO goes beyond complacency and believing the hype...

and we did

Maybe Peirce needs to get his horn out again. :smartass:

the only minor difference to the dog is the fact that spanuolo did that in his frist two games, and then the team responded from that point on. most likely they will right things defensively, but it is a bit disconcerting that in 6 games, the two teams they have played with any real resemblance to an NFL caliber offense they were significantly beaten. One time on the ground, one time through the air. It only gets more challenging from this point on, so the margin for error is becoming decreasingly small...Brown apparently said they thought this would be a blow through game and they were complacent defensively (not sure of the exact quote - was discussed on the radio this morning)...if there is any sense of truth to what he said, that is also disconcerting...have to respect every team on the schedule, but to think they could walk through NO goes beyond complacency and believing the hype...

Well, I think it's still too early to judge. I didn't get all hyper about Sheridan before Sunday, and I'm not going to ride the pendulum the other way now.

Brown appears to be consistent in idiocy. It's games like this that kind of let you know who will be here next year. Brown won't be one of them. I'm wondering when they move Sha’reff Rashad off the practice squad at this point.

Well, I think it's still too early to judge. I didn't get all hyper about Sheridan before Sunday, and I'm not going to ride the pendulum the other way now.

Brown appears to be consistent in idiocy. It's games like this that kind of let you know who will be here next year. Brown won't be one of them. I'm wondering when they move Sha’reff Rashad off the practice squad at this point.

true indeed. the dog can't figure ouut with a coach like coughlin why anyone would even open their mouth to any media at this point. not after that performance, or lack there of...

Little of both....and also Sheridan's stubborn refusal to send blitzes from every angle (like NO did to Eli) when it became clear that the front 4 simply could not generate any pressure on Brees on their own!

and we did

After the nonsense you spewed before the game, you're the last person to have a go at anyone, including Danny Clark.

Little of both....and also Sheridan's stubborn refusal to send blitzes from every angle (like NO did to Eli) when it became clear that the front 4 simply could not generate any pressure on Brees on their own!

Yea that Saints O-Line was the chinese wall.

Yea that Saints O-Line was the chinese wall.

You mean 'The Great Wall of China??'. Thats the first time Ive ever heard it being referred to as the 'chinese wall' :LMAO:

But yeah - our vaunted 'D-Line' really played like rabid cunts that game. If you give Brees from Thanksgiving to Christmas to throw a pass, I dont care if its Deion or Bailey covering, he is going to torch the secondary no matter what!

After the nonsense you spewed before the game, you're the last person to have a go at anyone, including Danny Clark.

Danny Clark reminds me of some of the players we had back in the 60s and 70s

cant cover, cant tackle, cant get out of his own way, and slow as S___T

He is actually worse than Pierce and that's hard to do

Jerry Reese once again pays the price for letting Kwika Mitchell walk

He will do the same with David Carr

I uncovered Jerry's weakness.........he cannot retain personnel

Mitchell played weakside for us. Strongside was Kiwanuka/Torbor(after Kiwi went on IR).

Unless Boley eventually pans out for us (which he hasn't yet), losing Mitchell was an error. But Clark isn't a result of that error.

But I agree, Clark isn't much of a LB.

Danny Clark reminds me of some of the players we had back in the 60s and 70s

cant cover, cant tackle, cant get out of his own way, and slow as S___T

He is actually worse than Pierce and that's hard to do

Jerry Reese once again pays the price for letting Kwika Mitchell walk

He will do the same with David Carr

I uncovered Jerry's weakness.........he cannot retain personnel

There is no reason to panic. This team is a damn good team. Right now they are guys playing at less than 100% (Tuck and Umenyiora are both in that boat if you ask me), and we have too many good players out. At some point, Chris Canty is going to get healthy. I think the defense is going to look like it improved and had this great metamorphasis to casual observers, but it will be really tied to getting Canty and Boley back in this defense. The door is open for Sintim to have a big impact as well, so we'll see. Another wildcard is Ross if he ever gets healthy. And we have yet to see what Rouse can do. I think we are all hoping he displaces Brown at safety.

That is a lot of stuff we'd like to see go right... but the truth is if we just get Canty and Boley back we'll be a much, much better defense. It would also be nice if Tuck and Osi get be more effective. I think both are playing at far less than 100%.

On offense, Nicks gets better and better. The maligned running game is still very good. They are second in the NFL in total yards and 5th in yards per game, so the job is getting done there, by both Bradshaw AND B-Jac. The bad news is McKenzie is probably out for a couple of weeks. We might not even get him back until after the bye.

We have Arizona, Philly, and San Diego before the bye, three tough teams. But we play both AZ and SD at Giants stadium, and I like our chances in both of those games. Philly, despite losing to a completely awful Oakland team, will probably be the toughest out of the three. But they have big, big problems on their offensive line. Shawn Andrews is already on injured reserve, meaning Osi's best friend Winston Justice is starting at tackle, and starting Guard Todd Herremans has had a stress fracture, but MAY be back against the Giants, and now Jason Peters is banged up, too. Plus, their middle linebacker problems worsened when Omar Gaither went down on Sunday, prompting a trade for Will Witherspoon, but I think re-tread Jeremiah Trotter is starting for them.

I think that Philly game is going to be a good benchmark for our D-Line. If they can't harass McNabb in that game, then we have reason to worry about this group.

But for now, let's beat the Cardinals, then everyone will forget about this Saints game.

Lotsa stuff that I don't want to repost, but do want to acknowledge...

Not a lot to disagree with, Jim. I think you're right about Osi--it takes a while to get over the knee. For that matter, I'm not so sure that Robbins and Cofield aren't in the same boat--two more knee surgeries in the offseason. We'll see how that all pans out in the 2nd half of the season.

Personally, I can't wait for Boley to get back. He's obviously our best LB in coverage, and the fastest we have that can actually play the game (still disappointed in Wilkinson).

Can't wait to get him, Canty and Ross back. Having Webster, Thomas, Ross, and Dockery on the corners will compensate for the sins of the safeties, I think.

I'm not sure why we picked up Rouse and kept Rashad on the PS. I thought Rashad did OK in preseason--certainly no worse than Brown. But there's a reason they hired Reese over me, I suppose, lol.