SportsWrath

David Carr

Lughead

Is David Carr a trade next year or not? Do you really want Bohmar in if Eli goes down?

I don't know myself I wouldn't pull the trigger unless we get a great deal. He had a rough time in Houston but seems to have it together now. Of course with an OL like ours helps out immensely.

So what would you want to get in return for Carr if we made a trade what position(s) or a player plus draft picks?

I say If we get a stud LBer and an upper round draft pick no less than a 3rd maybe we should pull the trigger

but can we afford to have a quarterback that has not been proven backing up ELi?

and no way would we get an upper round pick and a stud linebacker for carr anyway

if eli goes down and carr leads us to a super bowl while re-signing for next year, we might get a 3rd rounder.

btw, you kicked my ass this week. and i think storm lost so you're alone at the top.

if eli goes down and carr leads us to a super bowl while re-signing for next year, we might get a 3rd rounder.

btw, you kicked my ass this week. and i think storm lost so you're alone at the top.

nah storm won.

i think he won't, he wants to start.

He'll never start for a team with a line that can protect him. Maybe if there is an injury someone will give him a call. What he should do is keep signing 1 year deals with us, with an unwritten agreement that we trade him to a decent team that has an injury at QB.

Yeah, it's a goofy suggestion, but it could happen.

He'll never start for a team with a line that can protect him. Maybe if there is an injury someone will give him a call. What he should do is keep signing 1 year deals with us, with an unwritten agreement that we trade him to a decent team that has an injury at QB.

Yeah, it's a goofy suggestion, but it could happen.

He's had 2 years now where he hasn't been pounded into the turf. Perhaps it revitalizes him and he feels he can go somewhere and compete. Signing one year deals with us makes little sense going forward. He'll probably get a look from someone next to come in an compete. We're actually kinda lucky he was willing to sign another one year deal with us.

He's had 2 years now where he hasn't been pounded into the turf. Perhaps it revitalizes him and he feels he can go somewhere and compete. Signing one year deals with us makes little sense going forward. He'll probably get a look from someone next to come in an compete. We're actually kinda lucky he was willing to sign another one year deal with us.

I honestly don't think he'll get many serious looks, he's played ok in a few garbage time performances, hardly lifting the eyebrows of many people except Giants fans. He may get a spot where he can compete for a starting gig, but thats probly with a garbage team where he can get pummeled again.

If he's lucky, he'll get a deal as a backup with a team thats pretty good with an aging or injury prone starter. Eagles, Titans, etc.

He signed a one year with an option for none.

2/9/2009: Signed a one-year, $2.1 million contract. The deal included a $1 million signing bonus. 2009: $1 million (+ $100,000 workout bonus), 2010: Free Agent

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_contract.aspx?sport=nfl&id=1576

Carr, who spent last season as the backup quarterback to Eli Manning, has re-signed with the Giants for the 2009 season. The Daily News has learned Carr received a one-year deal worth $2.1 million, which includes a $1 million base salary in 2009.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/2009/02/09/2009-02-09_giants_resign_david_carr_cut_madison_kni.html?loc=interstitialskip

P, you realise that I was kidding right?

Guys, we got to get the sense of humor sensors back up.

i actually just misread what you typed.

then i left it up just to emphasize some more to the threadstarter that we have carr for 1 year.

I honestly don't think he'll get many serious looks, he's played ok in a few garbage time performances, hardly lifting the eyebrows of many people except Giants fans. He may get a spot where he can compete for a starting gig, but thats probly with a garbage team where he can get pummeled again.

If he's lucky, he'll get a deal as a backup with a team thats pretty good with an aging or injury prone starter. Eagles, Titans, etc.

I think after this season, he'll get lucky. Probably someone not that good, but when you look at guys like Kyle Boller starting then there's hope for all. He could go to the Bucs as possiblly a stop gap till they groom that rookie kid. Who knows. But he could be seen as very silly if he signs another year with us.

i can name 8 starting QB's he's better than right now. A great team for him would be the 49ers. Good OL, great running game, fair receivers, no competition.