SportsWrath

Giants and Saints

ccase39

Grant and Smith have been pretty stout against the run this year, and are taylor made to defend against runners like Jacobs.

They're good players, but there aren't many guys in the league that are freakish enough athletes that I'd consider them 'tailor-made' to stop Jacobs. I count DeMarcus Ware aaaaand...thats about it. Although the way Jacobs has played this year I might have to rethink that.

They are bigger DEs though, which might be better at holding up against the run, but they're also a good match-up for the Giants OTs; they're good run blockers, and its the smaller, faster breed of DE that gives Diehl and McKenzie fits in pass protection.

Here are my thoughts on the saints game.

The Giants are coming of a reasonably easy schedule, (although playing away in the west coast and two divisional games is alot harder than people realise).>>>

The Giants beat a winless Redskin team by 6. You barely beat Dallas by two when Romo handed you the game in Dallas., who ran the ball down your throats. Then, you beat three other teams that have one win between them.

>>Mind you the Saints have played Detroit, Philadelphia (who were aweful), Buffalo and NYJ. They have only really played one tough game, which they played at home.>>>

OK, you know how tough it is to go into Philly and get a win with or without McNabb, and the Saints BLEW THEM OUT! The Jets were unbeaten and getting all the hype before the Saints busted that cherry. Get ready, because you are going to see how it feels on Sunday.

Firstly the Giants have to step up as we come against our toughest opponent so far.>>

You got that right, the Saints have NEVER trailed this season. They have won by 18, 26, 20, and 14 this season.

The Saints have a genuinely explosive offense, particularly through the air; but our defense is particuary good against the pass. This will be an interesting challenge for our defense, but think we are up to the task. Once again our pass rush will be key, but I think we will get alot of pressure on Brees.>>>

You have not faced a QB like Brees yet. You lofty pass defense numbers are a joke. Look at what Brees does to you injury depleted secondary. Boley not playing is huge. No Kenny Phillips and his backup is questionable? You guys are in trouble.

New Orleans is doing well, but I think we are much more physical in the trenches on both sides of the ball. whilst their LBs and safeties are decent, their CBs seem to be guys we can exploit; other than KC, we have faced much better CBs in all of our games. I think Eli will be able to exploit this secomndary, I really like the way we spread the ball around in the air, pretty much anyone can get the job done. Eli Manning is having a mvp calibre season.

Eli is going to exploit the Saints secondary? On a foot that he can't plant? The Saints have twice as many interceptions as the Giants. Darren Sharper has owned Eli Manning, and he is already looking like a pro bowler. This game might put him in the defensive player of the year group.

I like Eli a lot. I watched the kid grow up. Many of us down in New Orleans almost feel like he is family. We love to see him succeed. I was really happy to see him lead the Giants to that Superbowl win and blemish that perfect record that the Patriots had. I will always pull for both Mannings. They are well liked in their home city.

One key in my opinion will be our running game and our ball control offense.>>>

The Giants lost one of their heads in the three headed monster. He is in Tampa now. The Saints now have the three headed monster. Thomas, Bell, and Bush. While you are trying to stop them, look out, here comes Heath Evans.

We need to get Brandon Jacobs involved big-time - he doesn't seem to be quite firing on all cylinders at this stage.

New Orleans is solid up front, but isn't what I would call stout - Kendrick Clancy, Sedrick Ellis, Anthony Hargrove and Vilma are not the biggest guys and I think smash mouth football running down their throat will be a key factor, particularly with Jacobs/Hedgecock.

Good Luck running down the Saint's throats. Jacobs looks slow and plodding, plus his head is not right this season, Bradshaw is very good, but his health is a factor.

Giants have a better Defense, but they have not forced as many turnovers. Saints secondary is better, it is the truth. Giants will be exploited by Brees. You can't cover Colston, Henderson, Moore, Meachem, and Bush, if you do, here comes Shockey. I am not taking anything from the Giants, they are a very good team, if this game was in New York, I would say that the Giants had a better shot. You can talk about the Giants road record til you are blue in the face, but after Sunday, there will be one more loss.

Good Luck running down the Saint's throats. Jacobs looks slow and plodding, plus his head is not right this season, Bradshaw is very good, but his health is a factor.

Giants have a better Defense, but they have not forced as many turnovers. Saints secondary is better, it is the truth. Giants will be exploited by Brees. You can't cover Colston, Henderson, Moore, Meachem, and Bush, if you do, here comes Shockey. I am not taking anything from the Giants, they are a very good team, if this game was in New York, I would say that the Giants had a better shot. You can talk about the Giants road record til you are blue in the face, but after Sunday, there will be one more loss.

let me guess. Saintsreport? Tell Andrus to go fuck himself. Oh and I agree with everything you said, except the secondary. Sharper has had a good season, and the rest of the secondary is much improved over the jason david debacle, but the Giants are pretty good back there too. I think the 30 pts Dallas put on them was a result of a tough division rivalry paired with the noise and energy from the new stadium. I dont see anyone else hanging 30 on them the rest of the season.

let me guess. Saintsreport? Tell Andrus to go fuck himself. Oh and I agree with everything you said, except the secondary. Sharper has had a good season, and the rest of the secondary is much improved over the jason david debacle, but the Giants are pretty good back there too. I think the 30 pts Dallas put on them was a result of a tough division rivalry paired with the noise and energy from the new stadium. I dont see anyone else hanging 30 on them the rest of the season.

The Giants got fucked,. It felt great busting that cherry. You loudmouth asses got what you deserved. Go to hell.